Postgame thread (8/17/24) - Bills at Steelers

6 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Trubisky’s issue is confidence. 

Get him a good sports psychologist and he’ll be a good backup for us. 

no, it's talent. He's not good. How can he be a good backup when he's terrible when he plays?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, nucci said:

no, it's talent. He's not good. How can he be a good backup when he's terrible when he plays?

Talent? He was a top 5 pick. He’s more talented than most backups. 

The guy was a top backup 2 years ago and now he’s not? Coming off another failed starter job. 

That’s mental. 

• Disagree 1

I guess I am in the minority but Hardy didn't impress me last night. He didn't look explosive at all on his punt returns even though he was force fed numerous opportunities. He also looked rough in run support because of taking some bad angles when trying to attack the ball carrier.

Edited by buffblue

I am truly thrilled we are no longer in the "QB competition" part of the drought. Watching Russ and Justin both get outplayed by Mitch, who was not good, was amazing to me. If I am Steelers I start Justin for certain and find out if I can resurrect his career because Russ seems cooked.

3 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Love how the two dork pitt fans reach out for it - oh for me? 😛

Edited by stevewin
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ToGoGo said:

Talent? He was a top 5 pick. He’s more talented than most backups. 

The guy was a top backup 2 years ago and now he’s not? Coming off another failed starter job. 

That’s mental. 

being a top 5 pick doesn't mean much. Lot of top QBs drafted have failed and not because of mental issues. I don't understand the term top backup. When he plays he's terrible so how is that a top backup? Trubisky is just not good. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, nucci said:

being a top 5 pick doesn't mean much. Lot of top QBs drafted have failed and not because of mental issues. I don't understand the term top backup. When he plays he's terrible so how is that a top backup? Trubisky is just not good. 

Recency bias man. And you’re too emotion based here. 

We can agree to disagree. 

58 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

If I am Steelers I start Justin for certain and find out if I can resurrect his career because Russ seems cooked.

I was in total agreement with that.

Then Wilson came out and Fields came in. 

Now, if I’m the Steelers, I’m getting a lawyer to check the fine print on the Kenny Pickett trade paperwork and taking the Eagles to court.  Yikes.

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Not sure if it was posted in the game thread but here is the pass to coleman in the endzone.

1. **** throw.

2. He made a good business decision.   Due to crap ball placement, he was going to get his head taken off.  

• Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Joe Brady has good run schemes but is absolutely clueless with any semblance of a pass attack.  Blame Trubisky all you want but it’s Brady.

You keep saying this, it’s preseason and by all accounts Mitch is even worse than when he was with the Steelers, and he was really bad with the Steelers, 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I am truly thrilled we are no longer in the "QB competition" part of the drought. Watching Russ and Justin both get outplayed by Mitch, who was not good, was amazing to me. If I am Steelers I start Justin for certain and find out if I can resurrect his career because Russ seems cooked.

I think the Steelers made a mistake not drafting another QB this year also. I realize they didn’t great draft position, but teams without a QB should always acquire one in the draft until they find their guy. Going with proven failed QB’s rarely works out. 

9 hours ago, ToGoGo said:

Trubisky’s issue is confidence. 

Get him a good sports psychologist and he’ll be a good backup for us. 

Yup, he plays scared, as you said, no actual confidence, 

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I was in total agreement with that.

Then Wilson came out and Fields came in. 

Now, if I’m the Steelers, I’m getting a lawyer to check the fine print on the Kenny Pickett trade paperwork and taking the Eagles to court.  Yikes.

I was unaware that was an option, so this argument just got interesting!

Just now, Don Otreply said:

Yup, he plays scared, as you said, no actual confidence, 

what’s weird is he plays scared, and then suddenly plays extremely recklessly.

He has no poise in the pocket, and can’t seem to process fast or read defenses. He got totally fooled on a zone blitz by the Steelers on 3rd and 2, where he was staring at two wide open Bills players in the flat (but ended up taking a bad sack).

Beyond that, I am not sure he even has any redeeming physical qualities.  I have never really seen him make a “great” throw, so I have no idea why draftniks thought he had such a high ceiling. 

• Like (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Spoiler alert:  it’s Joe Brady

So I take it that you are going to die on that sword…, 😁👍

• Haha (+1) 1