Postgame thread (8/17/24) - Bills at Steelers

2 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

Tomlin has never had a losing season. They never draft high…

yea well a case could be made the AFC North has never been better and the conference is ridiculously tough.  The AFC right now feels like the NFC did in the early 90's.  

Tomlin's day is coming.

5 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

yea well a case could be made the AFC North has never been better and the conference is ridiculously tough.  The AFC right now feels like the NFC did in the early 90's.  

Tomlin's day is coming.

With an offense that bad… he just can’t get the O on the right track. Not a good offensive coach…

Watching the Dallas / Denver game.

QB play is brutal for both clubs.

Truthfully, there is a scarcity of quality back ups available league wide.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

8 minutes ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

With an offense that bad… he just can’t get the O on the right track. Not a good offensive coach…

Watching the Dallas / Denver game.

QB play is brutal for both clubs.

Truthfully, there is a scarcity of quality back ups available league wide.

Vegas qb situation looks as bad as Pittsburgh's.

43 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

What a snooze fest.  Hard to pay attention.

Rousseau and Andreessen looked good though.  

I viewed Frank Gore Jr as a charity signing but he looked decent.  

A lot of good tackling and blocking… some good clean hits.

I’m not looking for sexy action in the preseason…

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Mark Vader said:

If the Cowboys release Cooper Rush, sign him!

he has been released a bunch of times.  Seems unlikely this year though.  He is a smart player who can read the defense fast and make the right throw, his downfall is he has a weak arm and in Buffalo's weather in a 3rd and 12 type situation he doesn't have the ability to break off that 15 yard skinny post between a linebacker and a safety.  

He is a good smart qb though.  reminds me of a poor mans wade wilson.  He is much better than Trubisky.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

he has been released a bunch of times.  Seems unlikely this year though.  He is a smart player who can read the defense fast and make the right throw, his downfall is he has a weak arm and in Buffalo's weather in a 3rd and 12 type situation he doesn't have the ability to break off that 15 yard skinny post between a linebacker and a safety.  

He is a good smart qb though.  reminds me of a poor mans wade wilson.  He is much better than Trubisky.

That's all that matters to me. 

I'm not saying he's the greatest back-up QB in the league, but if the Cowboys choose to keep Trey Lance, they will have to release Rush.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Thad Brown just roasted Coleman for turtling up on that pass.  He said if he were established as a receiver in the league, he could understand it...why risk injury in a preseason game.  But since Coleman isn't an established receiver, he needs to lay out to make the catch. Seriously?  So he lays out, makes the catch and gets seriously injured.  What sense does that make?

It doesn't.  It's stupid old school thinking. 

Blame the QB for a crap pass.

• Like (+1) 2

Andreessen was great and deserves a 53 spot with all the injuries.  Hardy should've had 2 ints but still played well. Davis is a solid lock as RB2.  If I could replace Trubisky with Zach Wilson tomorrow,  I would.  DeShawn Williams is awful.  Still too many ST penalties. Would've liked JA to play 2 series...Dline looked better.

54 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

What a snooze fest.  Hard to pay attention.

Rousseau and Andreessen looked good though.  

I viewed Frank Gore Jr as a charity signing but he looked decent.  

I really want Darrynton Evans to get more of a chance. I think he can be a good 3rd option.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

He's gotta catch that. Looks like he alligator-armed it with the incoming hit. It's preseason so probably the wise move. Would hate to see this when the games matter though.

Thar is a definition pass of "leading your receiver to injury".  He had to out stretch for that ball with a defender running right at him.  He catches that ball and Coleman is laid out hard.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1