This Andrewwson kid is good!!

23 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

He had a solid game, but that’s it.  Never get too excited or too down on a preseason game as it pertains to players and coaches.

TDTT, I’m sorry you don’t agree, and yes a hometown boy is a great story.  My point is let’s see what happens for the rest of camp, and the 3rd preseason game.  Nothing would make me happier to see him shine and make the 53 especially with Milano out.  I truly hope it happens, but one game in a meaningless game is not enough to offer a guy a spot especially a walk on.

Im rooting for him as well.  I truly am rooting for him.

He had a great game shooting gaps and making tackles for sure, but he'll need to be able to cover as well.  It's one thing keying on the run with pitt trash QBs and vanilla O - needing to cover talented TEs and RBs with legitimate QBs and schemes and real bullets flying is another thing.  I'm not saying he can't do it, just that it's a facet we haven't seen yet.

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

And you let them move you?

Ok, back on topic.

How long has it been since a Bills LB shed a block? Tired of the looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane types. Bills have a good history of mobile squatty bodies at LB, London Fletcher, Sam Cowart, Shane Nelson...

Shane who?

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

He had a great game shooting gaps and making tackles for sure, but he'll need to be able to cover as well.  It's one thing keying on the run with pitt trash QBs and vanilla O - needing to cover talented TEs and RBs with legitimate QBs and schemes and real bullets flying is another thing.  I'm not saying he can't do it, just that it's a facet we haven't seen yet.

This is correct.  He may have secured at least a backup/special teams role for himself but if he’s actually going to see the field as a LB he will need to learn his drops ASAP - not an easy feat in this defense.  It took Bernard a season and two offseasons before he was comfortable in the passing game.

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Did he not cover?  I have seen All-22 clips where he was on Pickens at one point and played it perfectly.

Him getting the start isn't something out of left field.  I have heard rumblings that he has been showing things you can't teach in training camp.  

The Bills could have played Jones against the Pitt starters, but they went with the guy who they feel is going to have a role on this team.

Right now, Andreessen is the 5th LB on this team.  He could easily surprise Spector by Week 1.

• Like (+1) 1

Is the kid a walk on? Sure….but it’s not like he was a college wrestler or British rugby player. He played LB at D1 university. I’m pretty sure he understands the basic skillset for both run and pass defense. Will he make the roster? Who knows? But there wouldn’t be a need for this thread if he wasn’t the stand out he clearly was on Saturday night. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Sweats said:

The kids a bit of a ballhawk and should definitely make the roster.

Even if he is on inactive part of 53 man roster he will be developed and be available w/o risk of exposure to games when needed.

On 8/17/2024 at 6:24 PM, 34-78-83 said:

He lacks speed but his instincts look great and he’sa sure tackler

Edmunds had a lot of speed but terrible awareness and never was the playmaker he should’ve been. I’d take this kid and he seemed to have plenty of speed tracking down Fields and Harris. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

This kid the next London Fletcher???

I was thinking maybe the next John Holocek.

But seriously, he had one (admittedly) solid game. From the sound of it here you'd think the guy is ready to make the Pro Bowl.

McDermott famously doesn't put a lot of trust in rookies, so this guy really making the 53 and contributing is still a long shot. He would be a great candidate for the PS, with the expectation that he push for a spot next year. We'll see what happens in the Carolina game.

4 minutes ago, Rubes said:

But seriously, he had one (admittedly) solid game. From the sound of it here you'd think the guy is ready to make the Pro Bowl.

McDermott famously doesn't put a lot of trust in rookies, so this guy really making the 53 and contributing is still a long shot. He would be a great candidate for the PS, with the expectation that he push for a spot next year. We'll see what happens in the Carolina game.

I think that's been proven not true.

If Andreessen continues to impress, I can see him overtaking Williams if Williams plays out of control.  McDermott will not hesitate.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think that's been proven not true.

If Andreessen continues to impress, I can see him overtaking Williams if Williams plays out of control.  McDermott will not hesitate.  

Well, I did hedge by saying "doesn't put a lot of trust" rather than "no trust". He does to some extent, though in some cases (Williams) due to necessity. I don't think it's a stretch to say he despises mental errors, which rookies are more likely to make, and they have to prove their discipline and mental toughness before they get a big role.

Andreessen looked good for one game. He's going to have to show a lot more for him to overtake Williams and, likely, others. He might do it eventually, sure, but he's got a decent road ahead before that happens.

If making plays all over the field against the other teams 1s doesn't matter because it's preseason then there's literally no point to playing the games.

Yeah, he's doing a great job especially for a young guy at playing football but that doesn't matter when we're evaluating football players?

In no other field is this a thing.

Sure you just led the entire kitchen, put out incredible food for a 400 person wedding, and everyone said it was beyond their expectations. That's all well and good.

However, we're not sure you have what it takes to make it in this business. 

That sounds crazy to me just like saying a guy having a great game as a football player doesn't mean he can play football.

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Agreed, the kid might have just had a great game given they’d practiced against the Steelers all week and had a good read on what they’re doing.  Will be interesting to see how much he can keep this up.

5 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

TDTT, I’m sorry you don’t agree, and yes a hometown boy is a great story.  My point is let’s see what happens for the rest of camp, and the 3rd preseason game.  Nothing would make me happier to see him shine and make the 53 especially with Milano out.  I truly hope it happens, but one game in a meaningless game is not enough to offer a guy a spot especially a walk on.

Im rooting for him as well.  I truly am rooting for him.

Maybe you should start a thread telling us to pump the brakes a bit on this Andrewseen kid?  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1