This Andrewwson kid is good!!

57 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

To be fair, I really like my 10 year old truck and wouldn’t upgrade yet if I had the money 😂

Size? He’s 6’1” 240.

1) My wife wanted to get me a new car, but I refused. My 10+ year old car is my “dog taxi” and it’s already dinged up with muddy back seats. I don’t want to have to worry about keeping it pristine. 

2) He also wasn’t playing against the scrubs in the 4th quarter. He was playing against their 1’s and 2’s and making the calls. It’s certainly enough to make me very curious. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

He may make the practice squad

I think He will get poached pretty fast.  He has the instincts, we’ve seen it now. I mean this team has to use AJ Kline in a playoff game.  I’m sure there is room on the active for Andreesen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think He will get poached pretty fast.  He has the instincts, we’ve seen it now. I mean this team has to use AJ Kline in a playoff game.  I’m sure there is room on the active for Andreesen.

The flip side of him having a great game is he’s impossible to hide now. Somebody will give him a shot just based upon last night, so I don’t see the PS as a viable option. I hope he keeps it going and becomes one of those miracle dark horse stories you dream of….we could use some good luck.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

The flip side of him having a great game is he’s impossible to hide now. Somebody will give him a shot just based upon last night, so I don’t see the PS as a viable option. I hope he keeps it going and becomes one of those miracle dark horse stories you dream of….we could use some good luck.  

The kid is appreciating his chance to play, isn't coming in with a feeling of entitlement, is happy and then has those instincts and tackling ability. 

He looks to be far more than a feel good story. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He'll get poached immediately. I don't care about the UB narrative.  He made impressive plays yesterday for someone who was supposed to be a longshot.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I've seen way more from Buffalo Joe than Spector. I dont know that anyone other than Doris Williams and Bernard are better right now. the depth chart is not very impressive now that Matt is out for most / all year. 

Dorian Williams, Edefuan Ulofoshio,Joe Andreessen, Matt Milano O

Terrel Bernard, Baylon Spector Q--

Nicholas Morrow,  QDeion Jones, Shayne Simon

Edited by gordong

3 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

He played just like he did last night. Always around the ball. One of the few bright spots on an awful UB team.  FYI, there's another local kid LB at UB now worth bringing in next year named Shaun Dolac. Keep an eye on him too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He played just like he did last night. Always around the ball. One of the few bright spots on an awful UB team.  FYI, there's another local kid LB at UB now worth bringing in next year named Shaun Dolac. Keep an eye on him too.

I was specifically asking about his special teams work.

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Definitely makes it

Bernard 

Ullofoshio - Not out of performance but as a 5th round pick, he likely makes the team, could be an IR candidate

Williams

Veterans

Spector- Never available - the staff seems to like him but he can rarely play in a game

Jones  - This guy is younger than Milano was was on Milano's level when he was at his best.

Morrow - Another guy not available.

Likely Cut

Simon (cut)

IR

Milano (IR)

Lastly we have Andreesen - The Bills will probably keep 5 so we need to bump two of the three vets for him to make it.  Understand he had a great game but I can still see this going either way, I think he will make it though.  I like Jones because of his history playing on an elite level, I think he makes it.   Morrow has a lot of starting experience - this regime likes that.

Joe Andreessen. If he doesn't make the team it'll be another in a long line of Beane mistakes. Anyone know why AJ Epenesa is on this team? He never gets past the line of scrimmage, never makes any tackles and never gets any sacks. WTF?

• Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m sensing some kind of “injury” may be revealed. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Fan in Chicago said:

The kid is appreciating his chance to play, isn't coming in with a feeling of entitlement, is happy and then has those instincts and tackling ability. 

He looks to be far more than a feel good story. 

I love a feel good story, I just hope he’s more than a one game  flash in a pan. Keep doing it, young man! Nobody is rooting for him more than me! I’m going back to watch a miserable preseason game with a dozen points scored just to watch him. 

20 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Ulifoshio is hard to predict, honestly.

Equally hard to spell, just sayin’.   :)

• Like (+1) 2

Many of us are overlooking the fact Andreesen wore the green dot for the entire game. He played well AND he called the defensive signals! For a rookie tryout player to make that leap is incredible.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Curious to hear from you. Any impressions from his UB days? 

He was the best defender for an otherwise awful UB team last year. What you saw yesterday is what he did all year. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3