This Andrewwson kid is good!!

20 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Well, I did hedge by saying "doesn't put a lot of trust" rather than "no trust". He does to some extent, though in some cases (Williams) due to necessity. I don't think it's a stretch to say he despises mental errors, which rookies are more likely to make, and they have to prove their discipline and mental toughness before they get a big role.

Andreessen looked good for one game. He's going to have to show a lot more for him to overtake Williams and, likely, others. He might do it eventually, sure, but he's got a decent road ahead before that happens.

Definitely agree there which is why I don't think he will have Dorian on a long leash.  He's an athletic freak but supposedly gets out of position too much.

6 hours ago, stevewin said:

He had a great game shooting gaps and making tackles for sure, but he'll need to be able to cover as well.  It's one thing keying on the run with pitt trash QBs and vanilla O - needing to cover talented TEs and RBs with legitimate QBs and schemes and real bullets flying is another thing.  I'm not saying he can't do it, just that it's a facet we haven't seen yet.

that’s all that McD has been able to do over 7 years - beat up on the trash QBs to stat-up a top rated D - even if Buffalo Joe gets totally roasted by Mahomes and Burrow, it will be no different than what has happened to whatever LBs McD has thrown in there. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/18/2024 at 10:11 AM, Dillenger4 said:

It's crap like this ^

It's Bernard and Jones as the starters.

Andreeson looked good last night BUT IT"S PRESEASON!!! I bet he makes the team... but in no way will he start over Jones and Bernard. Nice to have solid depth though, no doubt. Go BILLS!

It's crap like this ^  that makes people lol.

On 8/17/2024 at 11:29 PM, Herc11 said:

They absolutely did. I have learned however, that Erin is the Irish way of spelling it regardless of male/female.

Well I think it's cool.  Maybe your folks were just setting you up to "Go Bragh!"   

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Conlan58 said:

Shane who?

from wiki:

"Shane Nelson (born May 25, 1955) is a former professional American football player who played linebacker for six seasons for the Buffalo Bills. Nelson was discovered at an open trial held by the Dallas Cowboys. He was the only player, out of 1,800, to be offered an NFL contract. However, Nelson rejected Dallas' offer and signed for the Bills where he felt he had more of a chance of playing. [1]. During his time in Buffalo he was a part of the "Bermuda Triangle" which also consisted of Fred Smerlas and Jim Haslett. He is also a member of the NJCAA Hall of Fame."

On 8/19/2024 at 11:37 AM, Augie said:

Maybe you should start a thread telling us to pump the brakes a bit on this Andrewseen kid?  🤷‍♂️

Augie, first I almost never start threads as I don’t want to waste time.  Second, I’m not saying I don’t support Buffalo Joe, I’m just cautious to wait and see more.  I don’t think that’s unreasonable.  Third, I truly want Joe to do well.  I truly want success for the kid.  The more umpires and coaches who’ve come forward on WGR makes me want to believe he could be the next Zack Thomas.  An undersized 5th round pick who ended up as a HOF guy.

Finally, Augie, you know I have a tremendous amount of respect for you.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Augie, first I almost never start threads as I don’t want to waste time.  Second, I’m not saying I don’t support Buffalo Joe, I’m just cautious to wait and see more.  I don’t think that’s unreasonable.  Third, I truly want Joe to do well.  I truly want success for the kid.  The more umpires and coaches who’ve come forward on WGR makes me want to believe he could be the next Zack Moss.  An undersized 5th round pick who ended up as a HOF guy.

Finally, Augie, you know I have a tremendous amount of respect for you.

I kid, I just want to get as many threads started with all possible misspellings of this young man’s name. 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 8/17/2024 at 9:15 PM, BringBackFergy said:

He’s all over the field. 
Reminds me a bit of Millano. 

I thought the same thing... shot gaps like a Milano type, made plays, seemed to have that type of energy. Not saying he is the next Milano... but he did kinda remind me of that kind of wrecking ball that Milano can be for sure. 

On 8/19/2024 at 1:29 AM, GASabresIUFan said:

By the way I love what one of the commentators said about Andreessen.  He said he is joining the Bills' UB UDFA development program with graduate Lewis, soon to graduate Ingram and now Andreessen.  

CB JaMarcus Ingram is also from UB. 

1 minute ago, JP51 said:

I thought the same thing... shot gaps like a Milano type, made plays, seemed to have that type of energy. Not saying he is the next Milano... but he did kinda remind me of that kind of wrecking ball that Milano can be for sure. 

I think we've all noticed that the McDermott style LB is no longer the Brandon Spikes thumper.  He likes (and coaches up) Milano and Terrell Bernard smallish, fast LB's, who accelerate into gaps and have a brain.  Buffalo Joe fits that mold.  Dorian does as well and they are both quality reserve backers.

• Like (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

I think we've all noticed that the McDermott style LB is no longer the Brandon Spikes thumper.  He likes (and coaches up) Milano and Terrell Bernard smallish, fast LB's, who accelerate into gaps and have a brain.  Buffalo Joe fits that mold.  Dorian does as well and they are both quality reserve backers.

Baylon Spector fits the mold as well.  He looked good in limited time last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/19/2024 at 11:40 AM, TheFunPolice said:

Preseason is an opportunity for young guys to step up and make some noise! 

Young guy steps up and makes some noise.

Yeah, but it's preseason... 

Love this so true.... I think I love more we are actually having a legit observational discussion on Joe Andreesson a UDFA out of UB... who knows what he becomes but I can say this... I really liked watching him in a Pre Season game reek some havoc... I really like the home town story.... and I really like the fact that maybe just maybe there is a possibility for this kid... on to the next game and lets see how he does... he does these things consistently in practice and in PS games well... who knows maybe we will all be buying 44 Jerseys LOL.... still got a lot to prove before that... But I know this, I will be rooting for him.

• Like (+1) 4

On 8/17/2024 at 9:26 PM, zow2 said:

Andreesen. From Depew to Lancaster HS, to Bryant and finally UB.  Really makes you wonder sometimes.  The Bills spend all that time scouting LBs and spending draft picks, and this dude literally walks on locally for a tryout and looks better than any of them.

Andreessen.

On 8/18/2024 at 10:11 AM, Dillenger4 said:

It's crap like this ^

It's Bernard and Jones as the starters.

Andreeson looked good last night BUT IT"S PRESEASON!!! I bet he makes the team... but in no way will he start over Jones and Bernard. Nice to have solid depth though, no doubt. Go BILLS!

happen to notice Jones is no longer with the team?  asking for a friend.