This Andrewwson kid is good!!

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I know, as fans on the board, tend to overhype preseason wonders. We see an undiscovered underdog and we jump to support them, even if the talent doesn't match up. But, in this case, I really don't see the harm in rostering the guy.

Milano will start the season on PUP or IR. Last year, the team rostered 6 LBs (Milano, Bernard, Dorian Williams, Dodson, Spector Manaketitch)

Dodson and Manny are gone. Right now our depth chart is Bernard, Williams, Spector, Nicolas Morrow (who Eagles fans are cheering the departure of) and then...
Edefuan Ulofoshio (5th round rookie, likely practice squad fit)? Shayne Simon? Deion Jones?

You're telling me that even if one spot is held for a guaranteed special teams players that Andreessen can't beat one of those guys for spot #6?

UPDATE: And he's a special teams player! When was the last time we saw Manakevitch come off the bench and tackle like that?

At this point I'll be shocked if he's not on the roster 

I think fans also tend to do this for a guy who comes in with the 2’s or 3’s and makes plays against guy will be backups, practice squad or cut altogether. 

Andreeson started the game and from the jump looked like the other white linebacker we have who just tore his bicep.  It was honestly insane to watch.. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a guy come from nowhere and play that well against an opponents 1’s and 2’s. 

Bills will have to figure out if he can be that guy we saw and maybe he’s another Christian Benford, under the radar gem, or if he just caught a heater and played out of his mind.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Rubes said:

FWIW...Haven't searched this thread, but also need to bear in mind that a player is no longer eligible for the practice squad if he is on the 53-man roster for more than 6 games in a season. So if the Bills keep him as a backup and make him active for game days, by the time Milano comes back he may no longer be able to be stashed on the PS. At least I think that's the case...

I thought they changed that rule a couple years ago.   That's why the Bills were able to have Fournette and Hamler on the PS last year. I think you can only have 6 veterans though

45 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

not just fans but his friends decked out in #44 jerseys right in back of him.SO COOL Great Picture 🙂 #44 It's a great story . Of course I hope he makes the team and shocks the world! HA!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

We buried him after last week. He looked completely overwhelmed. 

Kudos for him because he put that behind him and balled last night.

Likely he got more snaps and spent time with :LB coach on how to play that position which is 

He also had the LB on speaker in helmet since he had green dot on helmet.

20 minutes ago, Brand J said:

Yeah, Spector also looks the part when he’s on the field, to the point I was curious when he didn’t get more time with the 1s at MLB last year (Beane said he wasn’t ready), but of course his problem is staying on the field. Injury bug seems to have it in for some players and he may be one of them.

Never know, they could place Jones on the practice squad and protect Spector?

Don’t want to get ahead of myself with anointing this guy the next Milano,but he is a physical, high energy LB that plays the run and provides excellent coverage underneath. He also is great special teams weapon. Just covers a lot of territory. You have to be impressed with him.

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think fans also tend to do this for a guy who comes in with the 2’s or 3’s and makes plays against guy will be backups, practice squad or cut altogether. 

Andreeson started the game and from the jump looked like the other white linebacker we have who just tore his bicep.  It was honestly insane to watch.. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a guy come from nowhere and play that well against an opponents 1’s and 2’s. 

Bills will have to figure out if he can be that guy we saw and maybe he’s another Christian Benford, under the radar gem, or if he just caught a heater and played out of his mind.  

That's the biggest difference: this wasn't playing 2s and 3s in garage time. I know it's due to injury that he started but Joe made the most of his time. This was against starters and whatever McDermott and Babich saw in practice made him first among equals on depth players

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

We buried him after last week. He looked completely overwhelmed. 

Kudos for him because he put that behind him and balled last night.

I was expecting a beat down at MLB when he started with the ones. I was surprised to see him shed blocks and chase down runners like he did. Made that 4th and 2 play happen as well. He took good angles. He didn't look out of place in the pass game. If this is really who he is, wow what a pick up.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think it'll be awesome if he makes the team and is as good as he was last night, but this is still pre season. I doubt Pittsburgh was game planning for him or anything else. Let's just hope he ends up being a bbb sleeper signing 

2 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

Very humble guy.   When he was talking about driving an old car (even older than my wife's) he reminded me of Ralph Wilson who drove an old car despite him having money for more expensive one.

Not so sure it was humility w/ Ralph.  He didn’t like spending his money

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, finn said:

Why do you think he lacks in physical blessings? He's a bit short, but he's no lightweight, and his RAS score is very good (like a 9.25 or something.) As someone pointed out, his 40 time is faster than Milano's. 

Size mostly, exactly.  Worry about him shedding blocks inside.  He'll face a lot bigger, more talented folks in the regular season. 

Just now, Steptide said:

I think it'll be awesome if he makes the team and is as good as he was last night, but this is still pre season. I doubt Pittsburgh was game planning for him or anything else. Let's just hope he ends up being a bbb sleeper signing 

Mike Tomlin always game plans against  Coach McD.  It was reported by Steelers reporter previous year he was game planning entire offseason against Bills after "Renegade" game.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

Not so sure it was humility w/ Ralph.  He didn’t like spending his money

To be fair, I really like my 10 year old truck and wouldn’t upgrade yet if I had the money 😂

1 minute ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

Size mostly, exactly.  Worry about him shedding blocks inside.  He'll face a lot bigger, more talented folks in the regular season. 

Size? He’s 6’1” 240.

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

I was expecting a beat down at MLB when he started with the ones. I was surprised to see him shed blocks and chase down runners like he did. Made that 4th and 2 play happen as well. He took good angles. He didn't look out of place in the pass game. If this is really who he is, wow what a pick up.

I was keying on Williams and didn't even realize Andeessen was playing and had the green dot.( why would that scrub be playing) I assumed the white guy was Spector but remembered he was hurt.

had to lookup the number. Totally impressed that he had the green dot, was moving williams around and most importantly just played sound, instinctive football. He mentioned keying the inside hip just like you are taught in pop Warner. Very few wrong hole, just got jocked plays like edmunds 

Still super impressed.cant wait to see him next week to prove it is real. I don't think he would have had the green dot if the coaches didn't think he could handle it.

They will have to keep him just for the jersey sales. They will make a fortune on 44.  Half the stadium will have his jersey on by the 3rd home game.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Just for reference, Milano ran a 4.67 to Andreeson's 4.65 40 yard dash. Milano had a 35 inch vertical to Andreeson's 38 inch vertical. Milano had a 10.6 inch broad jump to Andreeson's 10.2 inch jump. Milano benched 24 reps to Andreeson's 32. Milano weighed 223 lbs to Andreeson's 240 lbs.

Yep, I understand how his RAS score breaks down and I already acknowledged that I was off in saying he lacked speed if you look at my later replies. It was just a visual impression. I haven’t seen him live at the stadium yet. If he makes the squad it will be an amazing story for us all!

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’ve got a Baldy’s Breakdown!

Got to keep Him now or lose him to another team after he made the Baldy breakdown. He won't make it to the PS after that game. Guys like edmunds rarely did what he did last night. He was so instinctive.

Edited by Robert Paulson
  • Like (+1) 3