We have a backup QB problem

Einstein

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Mitch is terrible and i’m kind of tired of Beane signing our main backup because they are friends of or vibe with Allen.  They need a gamer like a Minshew or draft a young guy with some wheels.  Mitch is so conservative that he will lead the league in 3 and outs if he plays. If he takes chances downfield he will turn the ball over for sure. 

You want to spend 8 mil on Minshew?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I get it - If Allen goes down with a catastrophic injury, our season is over. That is the case for nearly every NFL team and their starting QB.

Yeah, this is about where I am with it.

This roster isn't like the 49ers or something. Our QB going down is the end of the line. Doesn't matter who we put back there, unless they're a top NFL QB, there's no chance this team makes the playoffs if Josh is out.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This isn’t about winning a damned Super Bowl with our backup. It’s about maybe having to win a game against a mediocre team to make a playoff spot, so we can compete for a Super Bowl with Allen at QB. To hold the fort down for a game or three.

Trubisky is terrible.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I get it - If Allen goes down with a catastrophic injury, our season is over. That is the case for nearly every NFL team and their starting QB.

However, there also exists injuries that are not season ending. Sometimes you need your backup QB to keep things together for a few games until the star comes back. We need to think no farther than 2019 when Mahomes missed 3 games. The Chiefs went 2-1 without him and their backup was able to avoid a collapse. The Chiefs went on to win the Super Bowl that year.

Trubisky is an absolute disaster. He’s awful. To that point, two facts/statistics stick out to me:

- He was with the Steelers the past two seasons and he was 2-5 when Trubisky starters. That same team was 17-10 over the past two seasons with ANYONE else at QB. He was a handicap for Pitt and he is a handicap for us.

- He has started 57 games in the NFL. In that time, he has won a total of 5 times when his team was trailing in the 4th quarter. And his team was usually trailing in the 4th quarter.  In other words, if we are down in the 4th quarter, and Trubisky is playing, we are toast. 

Its only a problem if Allen goes down for short term, but yeah these guys are terrible.  I dont expect much but I expect they can throw a standard NFL pass in a preseason game at least.

8 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Trubisky's teams won 53% of his starts

Reich's teams won 25% of his starts

Yep...   Actually i had friend that was a bears fan....he told me after they got rid of trubisky that he wasnt really all that bad...

from what i had remembered i kinda agreed....

but man...Lately he blows 

Edited by Comebackkid

2 hours ago, Lfod said:

I don't really care who the backup is. Not that I don't think its important. Im just one of those people that if Josh goes down the season is over. 

No one you bring in will be able to fill Joshes shoes or come close.

this is true and all organizations know it.

however if your starter goes dow for say 4 weeks you would like to think you can still get good enough play to go 2-2 and stay in the race.  

that is probably why so many teams keep the Trubisky's around.  He looked awful today.

3 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Yep...   Actually i had friend that was a bears fan....he told me after they got rid of trubisky that he wasnt really all that bad...

from what i had remembered i kinda agreed....

but man...Lately he blows 

I watched all of trubisky’s games in Pittsburgh and he really regressed last year. I thought he would be out of the league…. Until we signed him.

He looks even worse this year. His ability to process and make the right throws is terrible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I watched all of trubisky’s games in Pittsburgh and he really regressed last year. I thought he would be out of the league…. Until we signed him.

He looks even worse this year. His ability to process and make the right throws is terrible. 

😂😂He's playing in an offense designed for Josh Allen 

Anybody you put back there is going to look that way

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Trade for Case Keenum in Houston. 

If the Bills make a move at # 2 Davis Mills or Case Keenum is def in play. I just wonder if they’ll convince Keenum to stay on the PS since he’s from Houston and keep Mills on the active roster 

• Agree 1