We have a backup QB problem

Einstein

T. Heinicke looked lost for the Falcons against the JAGS. Hot garbage.

There’s a possibility he gets released… I have no idea how many QBs the hapless Falcons will keep.

Not sure if he’s an upgrade over what’s on the roster currently. The supply for good QBs is much lower than the demand thereof.

DaNucci this is your chance to shine!

On 8/19/2024 at 8:25 PM, GunnerBill said:

If he signs anywhere as a backup it will either be paid like a starter or where the starter is on a short leash. He isn't coming here for a cheap vet deal to backup Josh. 

He’s not honest with himself in accepting he’d be privileged

to back up Josh.

QB 1 delusion syndrome.

I also think Tannehill has **** the bed more than a few times.

What’s the best option among a really poor range of options?

1 hour ago, MarkKelso'sHelmet said:

He’s not honest with himself in accepting he’d be privileged

to back up Josh.

QB 1 delusion syndrome.

I also think Tannehill has **** the bed more than a few times.

What’s the best option among a really poor range of options?

I think he knows what he is. But he is s competitor. He is going to want a chance to compete for a job. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if they grab someone on waivers and Trubisky lands on IR.

I’m just afraid they will bring back Kyle Allen if he’s released.

5 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Steelers usually keep 3 and with how horrible fields and Wilson have looked, Kyle Allen might be starting for them by midseason

I am not sure if this is sarcasm, which tells you how bad Wilson and Fields have been.

Just now, Captain Hindsight said:

Mason Rudolph started the playoff game last year. Tomlin will not be afraid to make that move 

The idea Kyle Allen is a starter over other healthy QBs tells me your QB room is a tire fire of epic proportions, if you had written that sentence a month ago I think it would have been sarcasm. I am also not questioning you, I am simply amazed that Steelers can be that bad

On 8/23/2024 at 10:36 PM, Thurman#1 said:

Now, if Trubisky has regressed, should they bring someone else in? Yeah, sure. I'm not convinced that's the situation, but it's possible. The Bills know better than we do, but nobody is perfect at these decisions.

It seems very likely he has regressed. You cite his winning career record overall which is true, but he hasn't played winning or .500 football since the 2020 season. It's very much possible he is  below .500 QB now. I had high hopes for him when he went to Pittsburgh. Thought he would be a much better QB after a year of sitting and learning with an elite QB and winning culture. That obviously did not materialize in Pittsburgh. 

Being 100% honest, I've seen enough of the Bills no-name practice squad QBs to do an injury settlement with Trubisky and send him packing.  I'm sorry but Mitch brings nothing to the table.  Either of the guys yesterday can carry the water jug.  or maybe someone gets released this week who the Bills really like.   

On 8/24/2024 at 1:36 AM, Thurman#1 said:

Every chance that with a Trubisky or other upper level backup we go .500 or pretty close.

The Bills were 5-6 through 11 games last season WITH Josh Allen. All said and done we finished only 2.5 games over .500

Betting odds have us at 10 wins this year. WITH Josh Allen.

Thinking that Allen only makes a 2.5 game difference for this team is heresy.

As the roster stands, this statement is true, and has been for years. But why is that acceptable, particularly when you have a team that is supposedly in contention for the Super Bowl?

I'll bet the 1990 Giants, 2001 Patriots, and 2017 Eagles were all glad to have capable backups when their starter went down, but we punt on this position every year it seems. Kansas City sure didn't.

3 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

And if Allen goes down for a half?   Season over still?  

lame take 

Deshaun Watson went out in November last year, and Cleveland finished with a better record than the Bills did because they had a solid backup. 

• Like (+1) 1