Preseason week 2 (non Bills related)

26 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Caleb Williams looked good, but damn if the bears aren’t treating every week of the preseason like the playoffs. 

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

I was thinking the same thing

It's a good approach to developing confidence in a team or QB.....as long as they don't develop over confidence and bad habits 

Every highlight that Williams has is him scrabbling in the back field or on the move, those plays are gonna be game planned for as soon as week one now that teams have film on it 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, first time I looked at him in college straight away I thought he looked like Mahomes. It's uncanny on those 2 plays.

I don't watch college ball but when I saw him I said here I'd be shocked if he wasn't great in the NFL. I still don't understand when people are so adamant he'll be a bust. There seem to be quite a few out there with that opinion

It’s because a lot of fans seem to think that nobody else is allowed to have good players.  If someone admits that Williams might be talented, somehow it’s an insult to Josh, Patrick, etc. 

Just now, Billl said:

It’s because a lot of fans seem to think that nobody else is allowed to have good players.  If someone admits that Williams might be talented, somehow it’s an insult to Josh, Patrick, etc. 

How are you finding KC fans with him? Because I've noticed they're particularly sensitive about any other QBs being labelled as great. every YouTube vid I see talking about Burrow or Allen has so many comments from KC fans saying things like "not as good as Pat". I find it bizarre considering the insane praise he gets

• Thank you (+1) 1

If Caleb went to a bad team where he'd struggle to develop, I could see him being a bust. But on this team, with as talented as he is, it's hard to imagine him failing. He's in a great spot, the Chi offense is stacked. 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Process said:

If Caleb went to a bad team where he'd struggle to develop, I could see him being a bust. But on this team, with as talented as he is, it's hard to imagine him failing. He's in a great spot, the Chi offense is stacked. 

They surrounded him with a superlative WR room. Imagine that.

25 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I was thinking the same thing

It's a good approach to developing confidence in a team or QB.....as long as they don't develop over confidence and bad habits 

Every highlight that Williams has is him scrabbling in the back field or on the move, those plays are gonna be game planned for as soon as week one now that teams have film on it 

Cope 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

How are you finding KC fans with him? Because I've noticed they're particularly sensitive about any other QBs being labelled as great. every YouTube vid I see talking about Burrow or Allen has so many comments from KC fans saying things like "not as good as Pat". I find it bizarre considering the insane praise he gets

Completely insufferable. There’s a sizable faction of fans who feel like no other player can ever be acknowledged as long as Mahomes exists. I’m biased towards Patrick as well, but I understand that other players can be great as well. 

20 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Gonna be fun to be a bears fan.

He does great against teams that don't game plan and or have no pro film on him.

KC getting away with BS as usual.  Long toss and catch on 1st drive after WR starts moving to the LOS.  You can tell Detroit was expecting the flag. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Blank Stare said:

Caleb Williams looked good, but damn if the bears aren’t treating every week of the preseason like the playoffs. 

I didn't think Williams looked that good.  Living down here in Cincinnati I watched the first half and I saw Williams go 3 & out the first three possessions when he faced mostly Bengal's starters.  He was like 2 of 6 for 12 yards with a couple of really bad passes.  It wasn't until the Bengals back ups were in late in the 2nd quarter that Williams did anything.  I'll reserve my judgement.

As for the Bears, damn they seem to be trying real hard to win their preseason games.  Burrow didn't play and the backup QB was hurt so the Bengals went with their 3rd string QB and he moved the ball on the Bears 1st team D. 

• Like (+1) 1