Most of the Bills' injuries have been on defense...Why is that?

mannc

On 8/16/2024 at 8:32 PM, mannc said:

Over the past few seasons, it seems that the overwhelming majority of the Bills' serious injuries (injuries that result in multiple lost games) have been on defense...Tre White, Von Miller, Matt Milano, Daquan Jones, Damar Hamlin, Micah Hyde, Jordan Poyer, Terrel Bernard, Baylon Spector, and Christian Benford is only a partial list of Bills' defenders who have missed a lot of time because of injuries.  And I suppose we can add Mike Edwards and Cole Bishop, too.  On the other hand, it's hard to name any starter on offense who has missed much time.  Mitch Morse, Dawson Knox and Spencer Brown might have missed a game or two, but injuries have really had no measurable impact on the Bills' offense for a couple years running.

Anyone have any explanation for this?  Is it just luck, or does it have something to do with the scheme or the type of players the Bills have been drafting and acquiring on defense?  My sense is that it's more than just luck and that it might have something to do with the Bills favoring smaller, more mobile, more versatile defenders.  I can't remember ever seeing a team with so many key injuries on one side of the ball and almost none on the other, especially over an extended period of time.  Curious what others think.       

Are you happy now.  The latest injuries are mostly on offense!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Are you happy now.  The latest injuries are mostly on offense!

And yet, still no offensive starter has missed a game.  Samuel might miss one or two.  Still a very healthy offense.

• Like (+1) 1