When is it time for QB under Josh’s wings?

JROC INTEL

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

Depends on which Bar Bill. East Aurora is A+. The Clarence/Williamsville is a C-. Haven’t eaten at the Rochester location but expect it to be like the latter. 

I’ve only visited the latter once, but the Cajun Honey BBQ wings I had there were a solid “A” IMO.  I still need to get to the East Aurora location.

47 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Speaking on Wings

BAR-BILL > B-

Don’t go pushing that unholy ranch dressing agenda…, 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

I’ve only visited the latter once, but the Cajun Honey BBQ wings I had there were a solid “A” IMO.  I still need to get to the East Aurora location.

I used to hit the EA location once in a while. I live in Williamsville so was excited for one to open up near me. Huge difference. Told my buddy who liked the North location about it. Eventually he took his wife to EA. He was shocked at the difference and mentioned it to the bartender. He agreed and said it was simply the experience they have there. The same people cooking on the same equipment forever. The North location started off pretty good but has slid in my and my friends’ opinions. We don’t even bother anymore. My guess is that they’re just inconsistent at that location. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don’t. 

EA is small. If you can’t get in then I recommend M&H (Main & Hamlin) across the street. Former employees opened it and they were spot on when I went. A+. The next best option is to order takeout from Bar Bill’s takeout only window in the rear parking lot. The wings aren’t quite as good as in the bar, but they’re still solid. Take them into Aurora Beer Works and have some good beer with them. They welcome people doing that as they don’t have food. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Depends on which Bar Bill. East Aurora is A+. The Clarence/Williamsville is a C-. Haven’t eaten at the Rochester location but expect it to be like the latter. 

Williamsville,  B-

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Probably sooner than later considering Josh will want off this team as soon as he realizes what Diggs realized. He’ll never win a championship here in Buffalo. 

People will hate on this but it's definitely in play

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Oh it’s getting a ton of hate. People are delusional if they don’t think this is a very real possibility 

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I used to hit the EA location once in a while. I live in Williamsville so was excited for one to open up near me. Huge difference. Told my buddy who liked the North location about it. Eventually he took his wife to EA. He was shocked at the difference and mentioned it to the bartender. He agreed and said it was simply the experience they have there. The same people cooking on the same equipment forever. The North location started off pretty good but has slid in my and my friends’ opinions. We don’t even bother anymore. My guess is that they’re just inconsistent at that location. Sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don’t. 

EA is small. If you can’t get in then I recommend M&H (Main & Hamlin) across the street. Former employees opened it and they were spot on when I went. A+. The next best option is to order takeout from Bar Bill’s takeout only window in the rear parking lot. The wings aren’t quite as good as in the bar, but they’re still solid. Take them into Aurora Beer Works and have some good beer with them. They welcome people doing that as they don’t have food. 

sounds like an idea for the next date night with my wife!  Thank you

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

sounds like an idea for the next date night with my wife!  Thank you

Cool. Have fun! Something to look for: M&H is on the corner of Main & Hamlin. The Hamlin street sign had a cut out of Damar Hamlin on it when I was there last.

6 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

This is my first thread here. I’m wondering what you guys think. QB is obviously such an important position for the success of a franchise. At what point do you tailor a QB under Josh to better transition into the next era. I love how the Packers make an effort to do this and I think it’s very important personally. I know it’s expensive but it’s also a team investment. I also think it makes more sense when you have an elite QB to be a mentor. Maybe I just have PTSD from the 2000’s but I’d hate to see Buffalo without a promising QB. Thoughts?

Probably after his 3rd SB Victory...

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

This is my first thread here. I’m wondering what you guys think. QB is obviously such an important position for the success of a franchise. At what point do you tailor a QB under Josh to better transition into the next era. I love how the Packers make an effort to do this and I think it’s very important personally. I know it’s expensive but it’s also a team investment. I also think it makes more sense when you have an elite QB to be a mentor. Maybe I just have PTSD from the 2000’s but I’d hate to see Buffalo without a promising QB. Thoughts?

Another decade or so.

6 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

They'll hate on it. But it's not in play.

It's silly. The only people pushing it are a few nuts and fruitcakes here in this fanbase.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

You're asking this when he is only 28? QBs now play until their 40's. Wait until he is in his mid 30's before thinking this question

• Like (+1) 2

Under Josh's wings? Never. As WEO says elite QBs don't groom their successors. But taking a shot on a young guy on day 3 of the draft? I'd have considered it this year or last. They should look IMO. Just not a Jake Fromm physically maxed out game manager.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Speaking on Wings

BAR-BILL > B-

I agree.  It's greater than a B-.  I'm not a wing connoisseur though and there's lots of great places in Buffalo that make wings at least within the ball park of Bar Bill (East Aurora location).

16 hours ago, JROC INTEL said:

This isn't the 70's, 80's, or early 90's. You don't groom a QB for years anymore. You lose your QB? You trade for one or you Draft one and you play them.

And it's almost unheard of these days to Draft a QB in Round 1 and not play them as a Rookie. That's a big part of the reason why picks like Michael Penix Jr. and Jordan Love were shocking when they were made. Nowadays, all it does is send a message to your QB and the fanbase that they aren't long for the team, whether they like it or not.

All this to say, it's not something we should even be thinking about right now or anytime in the near future. Josh has been *knock on wood* relatively healthy. Elite QB's play for a long time these days. He should be a Bill for a lot longer than the amount of time he's already been here.

When the time comes that he's ready to retire, then we'll Draft someone. But the thought of "tailoring a QB" under another Star QB is an antiquated idea.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1