When is it time for QB under Josh’s wings?

JROC INTEL

This is my first thread here. I’m wondering what you guys think. QB is obviously such an important position for the success of a franchise. At what point do you tailor a QB under Josh to better transition into the next era. I love how the Packers make an effort to do this and I think it’s very important personally. I know it’s expensive but it’s also a team investment. I also think it makes more sense when you have an elite QB to be a mentor. Maybe I just have PTSD from the 2000’s but I’d hate to see Buffalo without a promising QB. Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, Gregg said:

So, Sam Darnold is our future backup QB then.

Probably a rookie.  Bills want Josh to step up so they will ask him to help with QB evaluations and interviews assuming NFLPA allows it.   The Bills will find a QB who is raw and needs time for development but needs professional remodeling. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Punching Bag said:

Probably a rookie.  Bills want Josh to step up so they will ask him to help with QB evaluations and interviews assuming NFLPA allows it.   The Bills will find a QB who is raw and needs time for development but needs professional remodeling. 

You look at teams like GB who went from Favre to Rodgers and now Love. Even the Colts went from Manning to Luck. Too bad Luck couldn't play longer but he got killed playing behind some horrible OL's. 

For the next several years, I think we find inexpensive vets to be our backups.  

And then when Josh is in his mid-thirties, maybe, we draft and start grooming a young successor.  

It depends a lot on Josh - both how well he stays in shape physically, and mentally how long he wants to play.  

33 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You look at teams like GB who went from Favre to Rodgers and now Love. Even the Colts went from Manning to Luck. Too bad Luck couldn't play longer but he got killed playing behind some horrible OL's. 

The common denominator is they had extremely old QB's who they knew would be retiring. Those organizations weren't wanting to develop anyone, they were looking for a replacement in case their QB retired. In the case of Manning, he was coming off a neck injury, so they didn't know if he would be the same, so they let him walk and brought in Luck.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, mrags said:

Probably sooner than later considering Josh will want off this team as soon as he realizes what Diggs realized. He’ll never win a championship here in Buffalo. 

I agree.  Allen will want to play for a superbowl contender and a real organization with a true leader as HC.  My guess is he ends up in SF

Edited by Dablitzkrieg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Speaking on Wings

BAR-BILL > B-

33 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

blasphemy.

Depends on which Bar Bill. East Aurora is A+. The Clarence/Williamsville is a C-. Haven’t eaten at the Rochester location but expect it to be like the latter.