Do the Bills make the playoffs?

Gman10

13 hours ago, DaVinci said:

Defense will be the weak link, Injuries. No playoffs. I'm curious to see how well the Bears do. We were in a similar situation with a top draft pick Quarterback.

If the bears make the playoffs, I'm going to be even more insufferable than I already am 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

this will fire some up...

It's irrelevant. Not when Mahomes had 39 TDs in 2021, the only reason he didn't do it 3 years in a row (2020-22). Never mind he threw 50 his first year starting. Allen has never reached 40 just with passing TDs. You're praising Allen's streak that was kept alive last year by an absurd number of 1-2 yd TD runs. Otherwise he doesn't get there.

That's why it was stat padding to get to 40 in 2023. Mahomes could have stat padded like that in 2021 for 1 more TD but he didn't. His backs had 9 rushing TDs of 1-3 yds that season. Then you have this hangup with TD distances even though you clearly won't admit the air yards measurements are inaccurate for throws into the end zone.

So you keep citing a false number, and this is statistically relevant when 12 of his 27 TD passes last year were into the end zone. That's almost half. His throws are not shorter than Allen's runs. Then you embarrassed yourself by thinking Allen should get credit for 10 yards for running through the end zone on a play that's over as soon as he breaks the plane (like every rush TD).

A pass into the end zone isn't over until the receiver completes the catch. They are not the same. What else? You (the collective you; Buffalo fanatics) have major hangups with exaggerating how many shovel passes and jet sweeps the Chiefs score on. You can't stomach that defenses leave the flat open and he finds it regularly.

What's he supposed to do? Miss it? And at the end of the day, none of this even matters. Mahomes wins MVPs and SBs with vastly different styles of offenses. Your guy and his peers can't even find one way to get it done.

That's why you're this salty about Mahomes and making up these ridiculous arguments. Not even a Packer fan would have argued Aaron Rodgers deserved more yardage for a Lambeau Leap celebration. Have some shame about this. No one cares about consecutive 40 total TD seasons.

I'm going to watch Furiosa.

who is this guy ova here?

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He's right. 

There is little to no top end talent on this team.

I still think the dolphins are worse…that defense took a hit and Liam eichenberg is in line for a starting role on the oline which is insane to me.  

Jets on paper are better though if Rodgers stays healthy and hasn’t fallen off too much 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Umm a significant number of the national media has decided the Bills window has closed.  

I'm not saying they are correct, but even casually paying attention to national coverage you can sense that many are down on the Bills.  It stareted with the purge of Poyer, Morse, White, and Hyde, and worsened when they didn't get a top WR in the draft, and then came to a head when they moved on from Diggs.  All the positive energy is around the Chiefs, 49ers, Lions, Packers, and Texans now.  

Bills are not alone.  The national media is down on Dallas, Philadelphia, Minnesota, and the bottom feeders like Raiders, Panthers, and Broncos

I see it as they are not quite as high on the Bills as they have been in previous years. We are still a top 5-7 team in most eyes, even in what could be a slightly down year. We have Josh, so I don’t think any reasonable people see our window as closed. I guess it’s a matter of perspective. 

2 hours ago, Radar said:

Quite a few, my friend. I understand the NFL is now a high scoring game featuring the passing game. I stand by my statement that this defense is weak in the areas I mentioned. I've been here since the Rock pile days and have I would guess possibly watched more NFL games than you.

Okay.

So you watched lots of games of non-Bills teams. 

Enough to wave off the numbers that had them comfortably in the “pretty good” range and instead call them “average.”

What teams in 2023 had better defenses? What teams had worse defenses? Shouldn’t be hard to rank all

32 teams pretty quick if you watched a ton of the games.

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

He's right. 

There is little to no top end talent on this team.

Luckily, we have the second best QB in football and as Bills fans who lived through having varying levels of talent and no QB have learned, it’s that having the QB matters far more.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Gman10 said:

I know its still VERY early....but Jets and Fins both have an easier SOS. Milano out, no real WR, Claypool gone....I think we are in trouble. 9-8 or if we are lucky 10-7 is my guess and thats probably not enough to get us to the playoffs

Yeah, I instantly gave up hope on the season when Claypool was put on IR. I don't know how we will ever rebound from that. Might as well just look ahead to 2025

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Okay.

So you watched lots of games of non-Bills teams. 

Enough to wave off the numbers that had them comfortably in the “pretty good” range and instead call them “average.”

What teams in 2023 had better defenses? What teams had worse defenses? Shouldn’t be hard to rank all

32 teams pretty quick if you watched a ton of the games.

I guess we're quibbling over pretty good vs average. Let's not argue about. I've watched most all Bills games but admit to not watching entire night games(that's what happens at 81 yrs old I guess). I usually watch at least two games on Sunday.

Edited by Radar

This year I don't have us making the playoffs. Sorry!

Cardinals  W

Dolphins    L

Jaguars     W

Ravens      L

Texans      L

Jets           L

Titans        W

Seahawks W

Dolphins    W

Colts          W

Chiefs        L

49ers         L