Do the Bills make the playoffs?

Gman10

Let’s remind people of what happened last season.   They got waxed by the Steelers in preseason.  They lost to the Jets in week1 after knocking out Rodgers for the season in the first series.  They lost Jones, White, Milano and Hyde on defense for some or most of the season.  Diggs’ production fell off a cliff before mid-season and we fired the OC after 10 weeks.  They still won the division and a playoff game.

PS : I forgot we got nothing from Miller and had Rousseau playing out of position all year.  We were also starting rookies at TE and guard. 

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Green Bay could be better than Detroit next year which would make Miami's schedule difficulty a little tougher than expected.  Can always count on Tua having enough bad games to screw over Miami's season.  Also, I'm not at all sold on a 40 to 41-year-old Rodgers even with the Jets' defense and even if he stays healthy.  I'm still liking our chances to at least win the division.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Tua has to stay healthy and beat good teams. Historically two difficult things. Aaron Rodgers has to stay healthy and not go totally crazy. Also two difficult things. Diggs is gone, but he was gone last season too more or less. Gabe is gone but he only showed up every four games or so. I say yes, playoffs. 

Yes. I think enough of the machine is in place to win games. I don’t think winning regular season games will be a problem for McD-JA17. They’ve gotten it down every which way, which is how a franchise stays in the playoffs year after year.

What I’m pissed about is everything ^^^ As predictable as they are winning regular season games and making the playoffs, they are just are predictable losing to the goddam Chiefs in the playoffs. 

If I could trade one missed playoffs season for one season of beating KC in the playoffs, sign me up. 

Have to lower expectations due to loss of Morse, Diggs, White, Poyer, Hyde, and now Milano.  Those guys are hard to replace.  Beane did it right however as that core was aging and couldn't get past the Chiefs. This will be a retooling year and hopefully will have a splash FA WR signing next off season and be back in the mix with a better draft position in 2025.  Need big upgrades at WR and DE to compete IMO.

While not everyone will agree… I think this is a reasonable question to ask. The Bills making the playoffs as presently constituted is NOT a given. I think there is talent/potential on this team that, unlike previous seasons, is unproven and needs to be unlocked. I think more than any season in recent memory, the outcome will come down to strength of coaching. Hope Brady and McDermott are up to the challenge. 

9 hours ago, Augie said:

With whom? Where is this negative energy beside on this message board with a certain crowd? Saying it does not make it the truth. I think they are loose and ready to move on without the Diggs distraction. We lost a guy who could be a talented WR, but I’m not sure how much worse off we are without him. 

Umm a significant number of the national media has decided the Bills window has closed.  

I'm not saying they are correct, but even casually paying attention to national coverage you can sense that many are down on the Bills.  It stareted with the purge of Poyer, Morse, White, and Hyde, and worsened when they didn't get a top WR in the draft, and then came to a head when they moved on from Diggs.  All the positive energy is around the Chiefs, 49ers, Lions, Packers, and Texans now.  

Bills are not alone.  The national media is down on Dallas, Philadelphia, Minnesota, and the bottom feeders like Raiders, Panthers, and Broncos

11 hours ago, Gman10 said:

I know its still VERY early....but Jets and Fins both have an easier SOS. Milano out, no real WR, Claypool gone....I think we are in trouble. 9-8 or if we are lucky 10-7 is my guess and thats probably not enough to get us to the playoffs

We have Josh Allen. 

The answer is yes

Always a chance with Josh, but he's going to have to have an MVP type season. Only reason Mahomes and Chiefs won this year was because of their elite defense. I don't see us having that this year. We're mediocre across the entire team minus QB.

• Like (+1) 1

At this point in the preseason, this team looks like a 10 win team if quite a few things go right. They’re probably a 5 win team without Josh Allen. Weakest roster since 2019 squad. They gave it a pretty good run at a title since 2020, but Beane’s draft misses and contract excesses have caught up to them. Hopefully next year with some cap room and a good draft they can pull back to contender status. 

• Agree 1

Well, we have the best pure scorer and weapon in the NFL who can win games solely on the strength of his own abilities so there’s no way we miss the playoffs. Losing the AFCE is always a possibility, but I am 1000% sure we squeak into a wild card spot at worst case scenario. Love or hate him, McDermott always fields an elite regular season defense. Bernard will be just as good as Milano IMO and Dorian Williams gained some valuable experience last year. The Bills have great players and solid vets on every level of the defense and no real glaring weaknesses on that side of the ball. Finally a stable CB1 in Douglas who can allow them to be more creative w/ the blitz. Receiver is always a concern until someone separates themselves as the clear cut #1. Whether that be Kincaid, Samuel, or Coleman remains to be seen, but one of them will have to step up. Buffalo has a strong running game as well as Allen’s playmaking to lean on until that happens. I am more confident than most and I think the WR issue is way overblown. The Chiefs are about equal to us in that area if not worse and no one is batting an eye. 

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles

3 hours ago, Talley56 said:

Green Bay could be better than Detroit next year which would make Miami's schedule difficulty a little tougher than expected.  Can always count on Tua having enough bad games to screw over Miami's season.  Also, I'm not at all sold on a 40 to 41-year-old Rodgers even with the Jets' defense and even if he stays healthy.  I'm still liking our chances to at least win the division.

Green Bay WILL be better than Detroit. Book it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Talley56 said:

I'm with you brother! We have Josh freaking Allen. I'll roll the dice there.

Thank you!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, FireChans said:

These posts are always so funny.

how many nfl games did you watch last year?

Quite a few, my friend. I understand the NFL is now a high scoring game featuring the passing game. I stand by my statement that this defense is weak in the areas I mentioned. I've been here since the Rock pile days and have I would guess possibly watched more NFL games than you.

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Umm a significant number of the national media has decided the Bills window has closed.  

I'm not saying they are correct, but even casually paying attention to national coverage you can sense that many are down on the Bills.  It stareted with the purge of Poyer, Morse, White, and Hyde, and worsened when they didn't get a top WR in the draft, and then came to a head when they moved on from Diggs.  All the positive energy is around the Chiefs, 49ers, Lions, Packers, and Texans now.  

Bills are not alone.  The national media is down on Dallas, Philadelphia, Minnesota, and the bottom feeders like Raiders, Panthers, and Broncos

It's hard to see that without homervision, 60% of this board falls in that category after seeing the thread "Who represents the AFC in the SB" and at least 60% said Buffalo.  It's hard to reason with people with that mindset lol

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Thank you (+1) 1