Do the Bills make the playoffs?

Gman10

we played a lot of last season without Milano and were okay.  We played a ton of last year with Diggs simply taking up space, and put up a ton of points.  From that standpoint, nothing has really changed.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

we played a lot of last season without Milano and were okay.  We played a ton of last year with Diggs simply taking up space, and put up a ton of points.  From that standpoint, nothing has really changed.  

Fair.

52 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

If we beat the Steelers tomorrow,  yes the Bills will make the playoffs

Why not, makes more sense than anything else you read on TBD!

48 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

This board sometimes...yeesh...

Yup! Drama queens!

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

If we beat the Steelers tomorrow,  yes the Bills will make the playoffs

Holy s***!!!  Watch out for that Russel Wilson guy...he's dangerwich!

Or as this newer generation of pundits is calling it, 'sneaky good'. 🙄

58 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

This board sometimes...yeesh...

It’s a certain group of regulars you can count on for this stuff. Sure, it’s a fair question. But I swear there are some people out there who hope we don’t make the playoffs so they can be “right” about McD or something else negative. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Until the Dolphins and Jets show they can consistently beat us I say yes. 

The Jets split with the Bills the last two years. If anything, they have proven it will be a tough game (at MetLife at least) especially with that defense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

There is a lot of negative energy surrounding this team right now. It's no secret I want to move on from McDermott. But if he has a good quality it is rallying the team through adversity.  I don't want to hear excuses though. Im tired of it every year. Just win. 

I have faith in Allen. I think this is the year he wins MVP. He will cut his turnovers down and be an assassin in the red zone. Cook might be his stiffness competition for MVP as I think he goes for 1750 combined yards. No WR or TE will catch more than 80 passes but I think 5 guys will have over 50 ( Kincaid 75, Knox 52, Shakir 79, Samuel 55 +20 rushes, and Cook 64), with Coleman getting about 40. 

If Allen plays all year, Bills go 5-1 in the division and win AFC East with record of 12-5. 

Whether it would happen or not is doubtful, I would fire McDermott for anything less than a SuperBowl appearance.  He's already wasted the best years of QB play in franchise history. I would let Belichick and his new girlfriend take over in 2025.

Beane gets one last off-season with cap room to maneuver. No Championship by 2025 and he goes too.

I tend to disagree that Cook will get that yardage with the addition of Davis as well as a questionable LB/S group. I think we may be in for some shootout games with lots of passing. And shakir/samuel could be used a lot in the short passing and screen game. 

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

It’s a certain group of regulars you can count on for this stuff. Sure, it’s a fair question. But I swear there are some people out there who hope we don’t make the playoffs so they can be “right” about McD or something else negative. 

Could not agree more, hell last year some were POed because we ran the ball and beat the Cowboys!

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

There is a lot of negative energy surrounding this team right now. It's no secret I want to move on from McDermott. But if he has a good quality it is rallying the team through adversity.  I don't want to hear excuses though. Im tired of it every year. Just win. 

I have faith in Allen. I think this is the year he wins MVP. He will cut his turnovers down and be an assassin in the red zone. Cook might be his stiffness competition for MVP as I think he goes for 1750 combined yards. No WR or TE will catch more than 80 passes but I think 5 guys will have over 50 ( Kincaid 75, Knox 52, Shakir 79, Samuel 55 +20 rushes, and Cook 64), with Coleman getting about 40. 

If Allen plays all year, Bills go 5-1 in the division and win AFC East with record of 12-5. 

Whether it would happen or not is doubtful, I would fire McDermott for anything less than a SuperBowl appearance.  He's already wasted the best years of QB play in franchise history. I would let Belichick and his new girlfriend take over in 2025.

Beane gets one last off-season with cap room to maneuver. No Championship by 2025 and he goes too.

With whom? Where is this negative energy beside on this message board with a certain crowd? Saying it does not make it the truth. I think they are loose and ready to move on without the Diggs distraction. We lost a guy who could be a talented WR, but I’m not sure how much worse off we are without him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gman10 said:

I know its still VERY early....but Jets and Fins both have an easier SOS. Milano out, no real WR, Claypool gone....I think we are in trouble. 9-8 or if we are lucky 10-7 is my guess and thats probably not enough to get us to the playoffs

"Claypool gone" - yep, that's the one that broke the camel's back

5 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

No way.

Without McDermott the Bills would enter another 20 year drought.

If he did get fired (he's not anytime soon) the Bills would have their pick of good coaches. It's a very attractive job right now having #17 as your QB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

If he did get fired (he's not anytime soon) the Bills would have their pick of good coaches. It's a very attractive job right now having #17 as your QB.

The Bills would definitely be an attractive landing spot for top candidates. No doubt in my mind. But remember, they are just like draft picks. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn’t.  I think it’s becoming possible that my #1 reason that I want to win a Super Bowl would be to shut some haters and whiners up. 

Oh, and McD would have a new job in no time flat, despite being a “defensive HC”. 

Sure, he’s not been perfect, but I just don’t get the hate. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Bills would definitely be an attractive landing spot for top candidates. No doubt in my mind. But remember, they are just like draft picks. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn’t.  I think it’s becoming possible that my #1 reason that I want to win a Super Bowl would be to shut some haters and whiners up. 

Oh, and McD would have a new job in no time flat, despite being a “defensive HC”. 

Sure, he’s not been perfect, but I just don’t get the hate. 

Agree with you. McDermott would be unemployed for about 5 seconds before landing another job.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ve said this before too-they love to put everything down because they can’t lose at that point. If the Bills win it’s great and everyone is happy. If the Bills lose they get to do something even greater in their minds and be able to say I told you so.

• Agree 3