Do the Bills make the playoffs?

Gman10

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Fair question, but the injuries continued to mount.  Against KC Klein started for Benard, and Dane Jackson started for Benford.  Losing those two young starters really made things tough. 

The D still help KC to 27 points, and the Bills didn't score in the 4th qtr.  In fact, the offense had 3 possessions in the 4th qtr after KC took the lead.  The first 2 possession resulted in 5 net yard totals.  They then moved 54 yards, but missed the game tying 44 yard FG.  After KC took the lead, the D allowed only 47 yards to the KC offense on 3 possession.  So was it the defense or offense that lost the game? 

Injuries were baked into your argument. 

Offense is much worse also. Traded our #1WR for a guy who is 19 right now 

5 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Fair question, but the injuries continued to mount.  Against KC Klein started for Benard, and Dane Jackson started for Benford.  Losing those two young starters really made things tough. 

The D still help KC to 27 points, and the Bills didn't score in the 4th qtr.  In fact, the offense had 3 possessions in the 4th qtr after KC took the lead.  The first 2 possession resulted in 5 net yard totals.  They then moved 54 yards, but missed the game tying 44 yard FG.  After KC took the lead, the D allowed only 47 yards to the KC offense on 3 possession.  So was it the defense or offense that lost the game? 

27 points because we were eating clock all game. They scored on every possession until late. Every single one 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I believe @MikeClayNFL holds a little more heat than yours. really both are just opinions based off paper right now. when the real bullets start flying I think if rodgers were to stay healthy, a big if, the jets could make some noise. but not enough to surpass buffalo. again it's always barring injuries, staying healthy. which, unfortunately the injuries have come before the seasons even started. the bills could be a surprise and compete on both sides of the ball or, this could be a down season where they may not see the postseason. big "ifs" as always going in to a new season but this one seems to have more questions about how this season will go with a lot of the transitioning.

hope for the best as always and hang on for the ride...

Anybody who says that the Jets have the 2nd best roster in the NFL has zero credibility.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Anybody who says that the Jets have the 2nd best roster in the NFL has zero credibility.  

I said they "could" make some noise. I agree, there was some fire under his take. one thing the bills can count on though is division games are never easy. unless it's the patsies of late.

19 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I disagree.  They traded a guy who is past his prime, who started dropping too many balls, became a problem in the locker-room and had the about same amount of yards as Shakir on 3 times the number of targets after the first 6 games.  It was time to move on.  

We also have no idea if the offense is going to worse because of it.   Elway said the other day, that Josh is going to be even better this season because he no longer has to force feed Diggs the ball.  In addition, Kincaid and Shakir are ready for even bigger roles in the offense.  There is a good chance that the offense will be just as good if not better than last season.

I am worried about the safeties, but I think the quality of the entire team is about the same as last year, but could be better if all the 2nd years starters (Torrence, Shakir, Cook, Kincaid, Benford and Benard) continue to improve.  

Edited by GASabresIUFan
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I said they "could" make some noise. I agree, there was some fire under his take. one thing the bills can count on though is division games are never easy. unless it's the patsies of late.

Patriots beat the bills last year 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I don't know - it's just hard for me to imagine that if Josh Allen stays healthy, the Bills miss the playoffs.

He's a top QB.  And it's not like we're devoid of talent elsewhere. This has potential to be our best running game in the JA era, and the O-line is solid.  We have some playmakers on defense also, even w/ Milano out (and he will be coming back, btw - hopefully for the home stretch).

I just can't see us missing.

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Injuries were baked into your argument. 

27 points because we were eating clock all game. They scored on every possession until late. Every single one 

Agree. Chiefs D was superior to Bills D and that’s why they won the game. Bills had a shot late, but short of them chewing the clock it seemed inevitable that KC would score if left with any time at all. 

25 minutes ago, Success said:

I don't know - it's just hard for me to imagine that if Josh Allen stays healthy, the Bills miss the playoffs.

He's a top QB.  And it's not like we're devoid of talent elsewhere. This has potential to be our best running game in the JA era, and the O-line is solid.  We have some playmakers on defense also, even w/ Milano out (and he will be coming back, btw - hopefully for the home stretch).

I feel this way too, but then I look at the schedule, and I take a hard look at our roster and I'm just 🤷

Edited by TheBrownBear

For me to think they do not make the playoffs, I need to see a couple things or think a couple things:

-Josh Allen is hurt

-The Defense is MUCH worse than even the unit that ended the season last year.

-The offensive line has 2 (or more) starters out with major injuries.

Until I see those things, I still think they make the playoffs.

11 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Looking at the schedule I struggle to see how this team gets 8 wins. Our schedule is brutal and this roster is arguably worse than last season. 

Yeah its a TOUGH schedule for sure

I live in the negative so I say no. The defense will get gashed all year because of soft linebacker play and a shaky set of safeties. I think we will do ok with the run the pass rush will be average but the Cornerbacks are a solid to elite group.  I think we will score points but the defense will be shyt down the stretch and I think we miss the playoffs for the first time.

the only way we get in is to win the division. I need to see the first 4 games to see where we are but I am leaning No.

Edited by 26TrapDraw
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Success said:

Correct.  If Josh Allen stays healthy, this is a playoff team.  I’m not sure how there is even any debate about that.  The number of people here who expect the Bills to miss the playoffs is wild…like it’s a Dolphins forum or something.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 26TrapDraw said:

I live in the negative so I say no. The defense will get gashed all year because of soft linebacker play and a shaky set of safeties. I think we will do ok with the run the pass rush will be average but the Cornerbacks are a solid to elite group.  I think we will score points but the defense will be shyt down the stretch and I think we miss the playoffs for the first time.

the only way we get in is to win the division. I need to see the first 4 games to see where we are but I am leaning No.

Disagree, due to the light training camp regimen and pre season games the month of September will be sloppy across the NFL; regular September now functions as real training camp and practice games except they count! Throughout October the pretenders and contenders will self identify. Listening to XM NFL this morning and the general thought is this pre season has been horrible!