Do the Bills make the playoffs?

Gman10

Vegas has their win total at 9.5 with the juice favoring the over, so they’re expected to be 10-7.  The odds in terms of how far they advance put the implied probability around 40% - miss the playoffs, 33% - win the division, 27% wildcard.  

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Five game win streak in the middle of the season?

Not seeing that starting in week six. This team doesn’t feel like it’s coming out of the gates fast.

It's really hard to play the pick a winner game. Injuries could hurt any team at any time. We are seeing that now with the Bills. Also, teams that you might think will be good don't live up to expectations. The reverse is also true in that teams you might think will be bad surprise fans by playing better. With Allen the Bills will have a chance in every game. I would say the floor is 9 wins and the ceiling 11.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gman10 said:

I know its still VERY early....but Jets and Fins both have an easier SOS. Milano out, no real WR, Claypool gone....I think we are in trouble. 9-8 or if we are lucky 10-7 is my guess and thats probably not enough to get us to the playoffs

Hard to imagine this team making the playoffs without Claypool…🤡

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Cardinals - win

at Fins - loss

Jags - win

Ravens - loss

at Texans - loss

at Jets - win (they play in the London the week before)

Titans - win

Seahawks - win

Fins - win

at Colts - win

Chiefs - loss

49ers - win

at Rams - loss

at Lions - loss

Pats - win

Jets - win

at Pats - win

Not beating 49ers or Jags

They'll make the playoffs.

Josh Allen is a good enough quarterback and Sean McDermott is a good enough head coach that the Bills are in the "playoffs every year" category until further notice. They haven't won less than 10 games since 2018. They have the second most wins in the league since 2020.

Even in 2019, BEFORE Stefon Diggs arrived and before they had a Dalton Kincaid level talent at tight end, they won 10 games -- and that was with a second year Josh Allen!

I simply don't buy the notion of the Buffalo Bills struggling to make the playoffs as long as Josh Allen is the quarterback of the team.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Gregg said:

The Bills are tough at home. They won't be easy games for sure, but the Bills can win them.  

they're not beating the jaguars. they never beat the jaguars, even when they're the worst team in the league, we just cannot beat that franchise... ever. DECADES pass, Results the same. It's wild. 

4 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

they're not beating the jaguars. they never beat the jaguars, even when they're the worst team in the league, we just cannot beat that franchise... ever. DECADES pass, Results the same. It's wild. 

Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 3.49.35 PM.png

This might be a better overall team that the one that went on a run in the 2nd half of the season last year.

People forget how beat up we were by the time we got to the playoffs.  Even some of the guys who were on the field were playing hurt - but we were missing too many guys.

It hurts that Milano is out, but I'd give this team as much of a chance as last year's to win the division and get a high seed.  We know how it is; most games will be close.  Can we come out on top in those - as we did in the 2nd half run last season?

Probably.

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Bills somehow did it as dd the Texans, Bengals and the Lions.

Eventually it happens. But think of all the times those teams stumbled trying to get out of their own way. It’s hard to break the cycle and I’m not sure the combination of Rogers, Saleh, and Johnson are up for it. But that roster is talented if everything goes right they could win the division.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

This might be a better overall team that the one that went on a run in the 2nd half of the season last year.

People forget how beat up we were by the time we got to the playoffs.  Even some of the guys who were on the field were playing hurt - but we were missing too many guys.

It hurts that Milano is out, but I'd give this team as much of a chance as last year's to win the division and get a high seed.  We know how it is; most games will be close.  Can we come out on top in those - as we did in the 2nd half run last season?

Probably.

People also forget they barely beat the Chargers with a back up QB, and NE that had like 4 turnovers in the first quarter.

This team is going to STRUGGLE.

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

People also forget they barely beat the Chargers with a back up QB, and NE that had like 4 turnovers in the first quarter.

This team is going to STRUGGLE.

It's possible. I don't rule anything out at this point.

We don't have that many weaknesses, and we have a great QB. I think the running game stands a chance to be better. Given the production of Diggs & Davis for large portions of last season, I'm just not seeing a huge dropoff at WR. The line should be good on O.  The defense is a little more iffy - but we'll see if Von can make it back, and if Groot takes a next step (that could really be a key, imo).  The secondary is solid.  

I really don't know, but I take some solace in the idea that we very rarely get blown out over the past few years. The Cincy playoff game stands out, but most games seem to come down to the end, and JA is a clutch performer.