Do the Bills make the playoffs?

Gman10

Just now, Buffalo Boy said:

The Patriots beat us last year!!! The Patriots!!!

Our only way in this year is winning the AFCE. If Rogers stays on his feet the Jets take the division.
I’m currently at 9 wins and I don’t see the playoffs for this team.

Agree and always hope we're wrong.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

The Patriots beat us last year!!! The Patriots!!!

Our only way in this year is winning the AFCE. If Rogers stays on his feet the Jets take the division.
I’m currently at 9 wins and I don’t see the playoffs for this team.

That certainly possible. But I can't see Rodgers staying healthy. He is 40 going on 41 who coming off a serious Achillies injury. I fully expect Tyrod Taylor to be playing QB for them at some point in the season.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

This is certainly possible. This Bills team lacks talent. It’s the worst roster since Josh’s rookie season. With that being said, prime Josh Allen is probably good for 8 wins by himself. 

This is what is lurking in my mind:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/pit/2012.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/nor/2014.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/2006.htm

Point is, fallow years happen to teams who succeed over long stretches. The Brady-era Pats are definitely the exception. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes. Josh Allen gets us in the playoffs! 

Too many variables to say we are a legit contender this year (Milano out, patchwork safety group, some talent but unproven WR group, kicking game, and the OL gelling more).

I see us at 10-7 or 9-8. One of the Tuna or Jesters make the playoffs from the AFC East also. Either Rodgers or Tua miss a game or two which will help.

Matchups matter with seeding, but I see the ceiling for this year as a competitive loss in 2nd round.

With the OC and DC getting this season putting things together, more salary cap space, some young players growing, and more draft capital going forward, the 25-26 starts our next Super Bowl Window.

Edited by Wizard

I don't know.  9-8 is how I see it

Maybe

2 hours ago, Gregg said:

I will say 11-6. Yes, I think they make it, but it will not be easy. Miami has a good team, and we saw last year how the AFCE went right to the end of the season. The Jets even if Rodgers misses time now have a decent backup in Taylor. He is certainly a big upgrade over Wilson. It will be a 3-way fight for the division.

Show Me 11 wins on the schedule 

59 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Bills would definitely be an attractive landing spot for top candidates. No doubt in my mind. But remember, they are just like draft picks. Sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn’t.  I think it’s becoming possible that my #1 reason that I want to win a Super Bowl would be to shut some haters and whiners up. 

Oh, and McD would have a new job in no time flat, despite being a “defensive HC”. 

Sure, he’s not been perfect, but I just don’t get the hate. 

HC's with talented teams are generally on the hot seat when they fail to produce big results.  It's not "hate" as much as "you have JA and others to work with, get the job done."  The Philly coach is also on a hot seat, although some of that is because he is a jerk.  

• Like (+1) 1

I was hoping Claypool could resurrect his career and  contribute to the Bills, but the Bills brought in a bunch of players at WR.  They weren't and aren't depending on one particular receiver to make their season.  Buffalo has had a high SOS factor for several seasons now.  They're used to it.  

Had them 10-7 with the expectation that Milano wouldn’t be 100% so I’ll keep that. I still think we make the playoffs, but divisional games will determine if it’s as a WC or AFCE champs. I did not expect Claypool to make out 53 so that doesn’t change anything for me. 

Edited by BarleyNY

2 hours ago, Gman10 said:

I know its still VERY early....but Jets and Fins both have an easier SOS. Milano out, no real WR, Claypool gone....I think we are in trouble. 9-8 or if we are lucky 10-7 is my guess and thats probably not enough to get us to the playoffs

No.

They're probably 9th in the conference, IMO

2 hours ago, LEBills said:

Depends on Rodgers and the Jets because they are talented. It’s hard for a dysfunctional franchise to stop being dysfunctional. I can’t see the Dolphins beating us for the division. Their DL is pretty rough with Wilkins gone and their DE injuries.

Bills somehow did it as dd the Texans, Bengals and the Lions.

It’s so funny to read the posts by those in effect tossing themselves into the “pit of despair”  

I think yes but its mainly because Im down on the AFC East. Expect a Miami step back and not sold on the Jets. If those two are good I think we might be in trouble. 10-7 or 11-6. The latter would be enough if we are a wildcard candidate. The former might not.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

I don't know.  9-8 is how I see it

Maybe

Show Me 11 wins on the schedule 

Cardinals - win

at Fins - loss

Jags - win

Ravens - loss

at Texans - loss

at Jets - win (they play in the London the week before)

Titans - win

Seahawks - win

Fins - win

at Colts - win

Chiefs - loss

49ers - win

at Rams - loss

at Lions - loss

Pats - win

Jets - win

at Pats - win

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Cardinals - win

at Fins - loss

Jags - win

Ravens - loss

at Texans - loss

at Jets - win (they play in the London the week before)

Titans - win

Seahawks - win

Fins - win

at Colts - win

Chiefs - loss

49ers - win

at Rams - loss

at Lions - loss

Pats - win

Jets - win

at Pats - win

Five game win streak in the middle of the season?

Not seeing that starting in week six. This team doesn’t feel like it’s coming out of the gates fast.