Do the Bills make the playoffs?

Gman10

I know its still VERY early....but Jets and Fins both have an easier SOS. Milano out, no real WR, Claypool gone....I think we are in trouble. 9-8 or if we are lucky 10-7 is my guess and thats probably not enough to get us to the playoffs

Edited by Gman10
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I will say 11-6. Yes, I think they make it, but it will not be easy. Miami has a good team, and we saw last year how the AFCE went right to the end of the season. The Jets even if Rodgers misses time now have a decent backup in Taylor. He is certainly a big upgrade over Wilson. It will be a 3-way fight for the division.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You didn't think Chase Claypool was going to make a difference here did you?  Seems like you are trolling here.

as the old saying goes if you want me to tell you who is going to win first you have to tell me who is going to play.

So lets just wait and see what the roster is going to week 1 and then the changes going into week 2 before we start with the playoff worries

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I know its still VERY early....but Jets and Fins both have an easier SOS. Milano out, no real WR, Claypool gone....I think we are in trouble. 9-8 or if we are lucky 10-7 is my guess and thats probably not enough to get us to the playoffs

Depends on Rodgers and the Jets because they are talented. It’s hard for a dysfunctional franchise to stop being dysfunctional. I can’t see the Dolphins beating us for the division. Their DL is pretty rough with Wilkins gone and their DE injuries.

8 minutes ago, Gman10 said:

I see your point, but I laughed at “Claypool gone” as a reason for concern 😂

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

You didn't think Chase Claypool was going to make a difference here did you?  Seems like you are trolling here.

as the old saying goes if you want me to tell you who is going to win first you have to tell me who is going to play.

So lets just wait and see what the roster is going to week 1 and then the changes going into week 2 before we start with the playoff worries

Claypool looked so good in college...he makes ok plays but its atlesast an option we no longer have

Just now, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I see your point, but I laughed at “Claypool gone” as a reason for concern 😂

I just meant an option from time to time...

• Eyeroll 1

There are ALOT of question marks at almost every position group between offense and defense. Outside of Allen there's a question mark or concern at every position. I wouldn't be shocked if we did not make the playoffs this year but I'm not ready to predict that.

• Like (+1) 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Whites Bay said:

This board sometimes...yeesh...

Ok so here is my predication....

vs Cardinals - W

@ Fins - L

vs Jags - W

@ Ravens - L

@ Texans - L

@ Jets - L

vs Titans - W

@ Seahawks - W

Vs Fins - W

@ Colts - W

Vs KC - L (?)

Vs 9ers - L (?)

@ Rams - W (?)

@ Lions - L

Vs Pats - W 

vs Jets - W

@ Pats - W (?)

the (?) are the ones I was really unsure of. Both 9ers and KC coming to Buff in the winter has to be tough, Rams are also a very good team to play...and sweeping Pats divisional games are always a tough time.

now look at the SOS of Jets and Fins...thoughts? 

Edited by Gman10
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

After the draft and the fa acquisitions I predicted 11 wins and the playoffs. Now once camp has begun and more defensive injuries pile up I can't confidently say more than 9 wins. I just don't trust McD and the durability of his defense anymore.  Josh will be asked to carry the team with mediocre wrs.  I can't predict if Cook will lower his drops.  JA's athleticism basically wills this team to 9 wins, but it would be pretty miraculous to get back to 11+.  If McD can get 11 wins and a playoff berth, he's coach of the year (his 1st ever) in my eyes.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

The real question is, if we miss the playoffs does McD get ***** canned?

No. One bad season won't put McDermott and Beane on the hot seat. They have done enough winning where they would get the 2025 season to get the Bills turned around.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

We have Allen slinging  and McD running the defense via Babbich   

say what you want, but our coach consistently produces a very much above average defense, even given the injuries.  

I think we eek in. 

Edited by Blackbeard
  • Like (+1) 1

There is a lot of negative energy surrounding this team right now. It's no secret I want to move on from McDermott. But if he has a good quality it is rallying the team through adversity.  I don't want to hear excuses though. Im tired of it every year. Just win. 

I have faith in Allen. I think this is the year he wins MVP. He will cut his turnovers down and be an assassin in the red zone. Cook might be his stiffest competition for MVP as I think he goes for 1750 combined yards. No WR or TE will catch more than 80 passes but I think 5 guys will have over 50 ( Kincaid 75, Knox 52, Shakir 79, Samuel 55 +20 rushes, and Cook 64), with Coleman getting about 40. 

If Allen plays all year, Bills go 5-1 in the division and win AFC East with record of 12-5. 

Whether it would happen or not is doubtful, I would fire McDermott for anything less than a SuperBowl appearance.  He's already wasted the best years of QB play in franchise history. I would let Belichick and his new girlfriend take over in 2025.

Beane gets one last off-season with cap room to maneuver. No Championship by 2025 and he goes too.

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1