MPox: The next scamdemic??

10 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Seems like the last few years after pride month we’ve gotten a breakout of the pox. Might be a good idea to stop pride month  in the name of public safety 

Seems like every time the RNC has a convention a hurricane comes. Might be a good idea to stop GOP conventions in the name of public safety.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/27/politics/2020-rnc-hurricane-laura-donald-trump-2012-2008

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Seems like every time the RNC has a convention a hurricane comes. Might be a good idea to stop GOP conventions in the name of public safety.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/08/27/politics/2020-rnc-hurricane-laura-donald-trump-2012-2008

Seems like every time you post it's a non sequitur, makes zero sense, and add nothing to the topic.  Might be a good idea to stop posting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

We’ll only know if you or a family member close to you dies from it. Then we’ll let you know. 

That's pretty messed up.  Not really a cool thing to say.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, phypon said:

Seems like every time you post it's a non sequitur, makes zero sense, and add nothing to the topic.  Might be a good idea to stop posting.

And since it won't follow your last piece of advice....

Ignore function. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, phypon said:

That's pretty messed up.  Not really a cool thing to say.

Well it’s a pretty messed up thing to call the COVID pandemic a scam when people (me) know multiple people who died and some who will be dealing with long COVID or affects to their health for the rest of their life. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

11 minutes ago, phypon said:

If that's the case then you should have shut it down a long time ago. 

6 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

And since it won't follow your last piece of advice....

Ignore function. :thumbsup:

You too.  Especially you. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, 4th&long said:

Well it’s a pretty messed up thing to call the COVID pandemic a scam when people (me) know multiple people who died and some who will be dealing with long COVID or affects to their health for the rest of their life. 

And you should be upset about that now that the origins of covid have come to light.  Were the people that passed away vaxxed?  Also, sorry for your loss, but since you experienced such a a loss you should know better than to talk smack about me or one of my family members dying.  I don't hate you as a poster, but if we were in the same room and you said that to my face we would have a major problem.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, phypon said:

And you should be upset about that now that the origins of covid have come to light.  Were the people that passed away vaxxed?  Also, sorry for your loss, but since you experienced such a a loss you should know better than to talk smack about me or one of my family members dying.  I don't hate you as a poster, but if we were in the same room and you said that to my face we would have a major problem.

So no owning up to what you said. Just dish out more? That’s what I thought. 

i don’t ask people if they were vaxed. Not my business. One was a cousin the other was friends, mother and two sons. No one in my immediate circle. The whole thing with Covid pisses me off, from how it started to how it was handled to the protests. The whole damn thing. I choose not to talk about it much. It’s over I want to put it in the rear view mirror and not talk about it much. I don’t get why people want to talk about it and keep bringing it up when it’s been over for so long? But you do you.

And I didn’t say I hope you or a family member dies, I would never wish that on anybody.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean...is the premise here that we should ignore deadly disease?

If/when we are hit by something, which is inevitable, we are going to be well and truly *****.

And i say that while agreeing that while Covid was quite terrible, our response was mostly terrible.

13 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

If that's the case then you should have shut it down a long time ago. 

You too.  Especially you. 

See I don’t put him on ignore because I like to see who unhinged and stupid he is. He is off the rails nuts. Go thru the first 5-6 pages of threads and count how many he has started. He doesn’t just start them he bumps them to keep them on the first page. It’s pure gold, entertainment and laughter!😆 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, 4th&long said:

So no owning up to what you said. Just dish out more? That’s what I thought. 

i don’t ask people if they were vaxed. Not my business. One was a cousin the other was friends, mother and two sons. No one in my immediate circle. The whole thing with Covid pisses me off, from how it started to how it was handled to the protests. The whole damn thing. I choose not to talk about it much. It’s over I want to put it in the rear view mirror and not talk about it much. I don’t get why people want to talk about it and keep bringing it up when it’s been over for so long? But you do you.

What owning do I need to do about something I said?  Dish it out?  

You clearly don't understand the point of this thread.  You said "Covid pisses me off, from how it started to how it was handled to the protests".  So you agree that it was BS from all angles.  Are you going to fall in line with the MPox global waring from the WHO and lockdowns?  Or are you going to stand up like man and the system to F off and not fall for the BS this time around?

And talking about owning up to something you said, how about an apology for talking smack about me or one of my family members dying.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

I mean...is the premise here that we should ignore deadly disease?

If/when we are hit by something, which is inevitable, we are going to be well and truly *****.

And i say that while agreeing that while Covid was quite terrible, our response was mostly terrible.

The premise is the general population is at low risk if they avoid gay sex. The data on cases to date makes that clear. That's the message but its something we're not supposed to say. Because we're not supposed to offend anyone we need to play this charade that everyone is at high risk.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, phypon said:

If you were smarter you’d know it’s not a non-sequitur.

Its pointing out  post hoc, ergo propter hoc dumbass.

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The premise is the general population is at low risk if they avoid gay sex. The data on cases to date makes that clear. That's the message but its something we're not supposed to say.

Just to add to that, it's concerning that since the risk can easily be mitigated and as of now it doesn't seem to be deadly, why are they making it something more than it is and classifying it as a "pandemic"?  Are they using this as a reason for potential lockdowns?  It doesn't add up.

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

If you were smarter you’d know it’s not a non-sequitur.

Its pointing out  post hoc, ergo propter hoc dumbass.

Please, tell us how an RNC convention correlates to hurricanes and how it's relevant to MPox.  Just admit that you were trying to make a funny which didn't land well and we can move on.  If you really believe this, then get down with your bad self and let us know how much paste you ate this morning.

4 minutes ago, phypon said:

Just to add to that, it's concerning that since the risk can easily be mitigated and as of now it doesn't seem to be deadly, why are they making it something more than it is and classifying it as a "pandemic"?  Are they using this as a reason for potential lockdowns?  It doesn't add up.

Please, tell us how an RNC convention correlates to hurricanes and how it's relevant to MPox.  Just admit that you were trying to make a funny which didn't land well and we can move on.  If you really believe this, then get down with your bad self and let us know how much paste you ate this morning.

Wow dude I’m sorry you are so dumb. It must be really hard in life.

The poster I was talking to said we should cancel pride month because after there is some kind of pox.

I pointed out that we should cancel the GOP convention because hurricanes hit then.

Correlation doesn’t imply causation. 

Just because pox outbreaks happen after pride month doesn’t mean pride causes it. Just because hurricanes happen during GOP conventions doesn’t mean GOP conventions cause them.

Now go take your morning nap and let the grown ups talk. 

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Wow dude I’m sorry you are so dumb. It must be really hard in life.

The poster I was talking to said we should cancel pride month because after there is some kind of pox.

I pointed out that we should cancel the GOP convention because hurricanes hit then.

Correlation doesn’t imply causation. 

Just because pox outbreaks happen after pride month doesn’t mean pride causes it. Just because hurricanes happen during GOP conventions doesn’t mean GOP conventions cause them.

Now go take your morning nap and let the grown ups talk. 

Are you denying that MPox is associated with the gay community?  The poster you replied to was making a joke but also pointed out the correlation.  The poster didn't imply that pride month caused it.  If you were as smart as you think you are you would have picked up on that.  Instead you pull a deflection move which has nothing to do with the conversation.

Since you are so smart, I expect an actual response to my question.