I am worried about the little things...

NCDAWG

I am worried about the new center, snapping specifically. As well as kicking. Also the running game. I know what Cook did last year and I like him, but he has shown the propensity to fumble and drop passes.  Am I wrong here?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

I’m worried about Bass. He is going to cost us games this year because he either misses crucial kicks or he forces us to go for it in unreasonable situations because he is so bad. I don’t think he will be on the roster by seasons end. 

I hope I’m wrong. But I don’t think I am. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, NCDAWG said:

I am worried about the new center, snapping specifically. As well as kicking. Also the running game. I know what Cook did last year and I like him, but he has shown the propensity to fumble and drop passes.  Am I wrong here?

Yes, you’re wrong!  Those aren’t little things , it’s a bunch of crucial problem areas that need correcting or we will be facing another year hearing how things will eventually work out if we just believe in the process!   lol,,,,,I’m pretty much over waiting for the process to work and I think its time the process actually produced results as opposed to hype and excuses!   ( so technically, you’re not wrong!). 👍😊

Your concerns are very real. I would also add safety to that list. Cole Bishop and Mike Edwards have been hurt the majority of camp. Now we’re relying on Hamlin and Taylor Rapp to replace Hyde/Poyer. Lots of question marks on both sides of the ball. 

Still think Josh is good enough to get us at least 8-9 wins. I’d consider that a down year for us. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

I think most fans that are looking objectively at our team have to think this maybe because of Allen is a .500 team . Maybe not even that. A lot depends on other teams injuries as well as our own.

19 minutes ago, Radar said:

I think most fans that are looking objectively at our team have to think this maybe because of Allen is a .500 team . Maybe not even that. A lot depends on other teams injuries as well as our own.

If we go 0.500 or less, then that is an indictment on those in charge. 

Not making the playoffs with a top three quarterback is a major problem. The Chiefs have never let it happen to Mahomes. It only happened once to Brady (in 20 years), and it was only his second season starting.

In my opinion, cutting Morse was a mistake. it would be one thing if they had signed or drafted a viable center to replace him. But instead of doing that, they relied on disrupting the unity of the left side of the line, by moving McGovern over. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This roster will be meh. It’s been said repeatedly, outside of Allen, there isn’t much. Not that there’s huge holes, there’s just not much in the way of all pro talent. Finesse offense and finesse defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Plenty to be worried about, which is saying something since August is usually the time for sunny optimism. My sense is that the line will be ok in pass protection (Allen has seen far worse) but will struggle with run blocking, throwing Brady's whole strategy into disarray. On defense, the middle of the field looks like a disaster. Mahomes and Burrow will feast against Williams, Rapp, and Hamlin. And the kicking game...oy vey. 

Yet the corners, including Taron and Hardy, look terrific, the D-line looks solid, and Bernard is a very nice player in the middle. I'm excited to see what Babich and Brady can do. And of course, we have a Hulk.

The Bills will make the playoffs, Milano will return, the line will gel, Babich and McD will have figured out how to compensate for the weakness at safety, and all will be well in the garden. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, NCDAWG said:

I keep seeing this but the truth is it appears Alec Anderson is the one who is having difficulty with snapping.

He almost got trubisky killed last week snapping the ball early.

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

This will be a down year, set your expectations accordingly.

Next year will start a new window.

Don't the Bills have a lot of money coming off the books after this year and they will be in much better shape cap wise? If so, I would expect Beane to be very active in FA unlike this past offseason.

This year I don't have us making the playoffs. Sorry!

Cardinals  W

Dolphins    L

Jaguars     W

Ravens      L

Texans      L

Jets           L

Titans        W

Seahawks W

Dolphins    W

Colts          W

Chiefs        L

49ers         L

Rams         L

Lions          L

Patriots      W

Jets           L

Patriots      W

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 4
  • Haha (+1) 3

Try hard enough, and you can convince yourself we will be in good shape, despite all the warning signs.  

Objectively, it's really difficult to see this team going anywhere this season.

Twelve months ago, if you would have asked what superstars the Bills have outside of Josh Allen, most people would have answered (in no particular order) Stefon Diggs, Tre White, Jordan Poyer, Micah Hyde, Matt Milano and Von Miller.  The only remaining player on that list is Miller, who looked completely done last year.  The replacements we are heavily counting on are (rookie) Keon Coleman, Rasul Douglas, Taylor Rapp, Damar Hamlin and Dorian Williams.  Even if we can get close to the same on-field production, we will still greatly miss the leadership aspect.  The team is also counting heavily on breakout seasons from Dalton Kincaid, Khalil Shakir, Greg Rousseau, Terrell Bernard, etc.  Not just to be good, but to become the next group of superstars on the Buffalo Bills.  

Looking at the schedule, the Bills are starting off with a 2-3 game disadvantage against the Jets/Dolphins due to opponent difficulty.  They barely scraped by the Dolphins last year, and seem to have trouble with the Jets in head-to-head even without Aaron Rodgers back.  Not a lot of room for error if you want to win the division.  We will be breaking in lots of new starters, adjusting to a shuffled O-Line, hoping new talent steps into leadership roles, etc.  If things start slow, we could be fighting out of a hole by Halloween.

So yeah, I get where you are coming from with the "little" things.  But the Bills have too many other "big" problems to overcome first.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1