Stop Calling Us Commies!!!

On 8/16/2024 at 8:31 AM, dickleyjones said:

Lol really this is still your angle? Jumping on the "end of democracy" train? 😄

When you are done rooting out the commies, come help us up north,  Trudeau and his red coat mounties have thrown my friends in the gulag and i'm tired of lining up for bread n cheese.

On second thought...nah. I'd quite happy with my price controlled rent which at the moment is the difference between living in a good home vs a 1 bd sh*thole. Oh the humanity!

Govt causes scarcity of product by controlling the cost and then you praise them for the problem. You are in an abusive relationship and do not even recognize it. In Orlando area we have basically doubled the size of our population since 2000 but don't need price caps because we keep building. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

Govt causes scarcity of product by controlling the cost and then you praise them for the problem. You are in an abusive relationship and do not even recognize it. In Orlando area we have basically doubled the size of our population since 2000 but don't need price caps because we keep building. 

Yeah, i feel abused. I guess i should prefer my rent to double at the whim of my landlord? I currently pay $1700 (4 bd) my rent would easily be $3500 - $4000 if i moved to a similar place.

That said i totally agree that gov has dropped the ball on housing. It has been that way since the 90s. But it's not only because of price control (rent control), that's a drop in the bucket. It's many things. Foreign owners are a problem. Not building enough, especially right now. I think the worst is corporate ownership. To quote Irv, it's a mess.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Yeah, i feel abused. I guess i should prefer my rent to double at the whim of my landlord? I currently pay $1700 (4 bd) my rent would easily be $3500 - $4000 if i moved to a similar place.

That said i totally agree that gov has dropped the ball on housing. It has been that way since the 90s. But it's not only because of price control (rent control), that's a drop in the bucket. It's many things. Foreign owners are a problem. Not building enough, especially right now. I think the worst is corporate ownership. To quote Irv, it's a mess.

I have two questions, where do you live and how large is your apartment? We do agree that rent control is not the biggest issue but also not the solution.

6 minutes ago, Orlando Buffalo said:

I have two questions, where do you live and how large is your apartment? We do agree that rent control is not the biggest issue but also not the solution.

I live just outside of hamilton, just on the fringe of a rural area. I live in a 4bd house with a lovely 1 acre yard. I feel blessed to live where i do at low cost. I have been living here for 20 years now, so i'm a rather extreme example of rent control. Thankfully my landlords would rather have good people taking care of their house than go through the difficult and legally dubious process of kicking us out and replacing us.

42 minutes ago, dickleyjones said:

Yes, you are a victim. Poor little thing 

Navarro may have fled Communism in Nicaragua, but she has surely joined Communism in America! Let me update her “knowledge” about Communism. 

Communism is not a person, Communism is a regime represented by a Party.

Communists don’t attack press, Communists infiltrate and control press, e.g. The View🤡.

Communists rig elections and then defend the stolen elections in the name of “Democracy” like Madura!

Communists put Party first, above all individuals and definitely above the country.

Communists have 0 tolerance for free speech and opposition. Haters and dissidents must be silenced and jailed! 

Communists lie, lie and lie because Communism is built on lies !!! 

Navarro is a Communist and so is her Party!!

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Oprah single handily proved that racism won't stop you in any way. People are racist towards Asians and they make more money than any other race in the US

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

Obamacare isn't free

They have no clue, they are just desperate to make some strawman stick.

its kinda funny.

perfect examples of "useful idiots"

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1