RGIII fired from ESPN

4 hours ago, julian said:

She publicly stated her support for female athletes after the Olympic debacle relating to the biological men competing against women.

I can't image that's it.  Hell, the Washington Post just ran a story today agreeing with that common sense take.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

if you ever watched the 30 for 30 Made in America on OJ, think back to episode 2 where all the people he grew up with talk about his personality after "making it".  i probably cant get into it much on here without p'ing off mods... but RG3 is as fake as they talked about with OJ. not a genuine bone in his body.  their most "candid" moments, their eyes are in the corners looking to make sure the camera is still filming. 

every single action and word is social engineered to make the viewer try to like them. barfffffffffff

doesnt take much googling to find him sexting other chicks on the night of his wedding.  his code switching is hilariously bad. pick me! pick me! fake engineering himself sprinting off the field about the birth of his kid.  plenty of teammates saying bad teammate.  im biased, i do not like the guy, but theres plenty of crap out there to make him unlikeable

I guess no one remembers his daily press conferences, called at his request, to address whatever he found while googling himself all day during his summer of recovery.  Total narcissist.  

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The belief is they were let go because if their stances against biological men competing with women.  

I'm sure there's a lot of truth to that. 

Sage Steele left because of all the political pressure/ political correctness and has been very outspoken about it on X (Twitter).

• Agree 3

On 8/15/2024 at 7:47 PM, dpberr said:

I'm pretty sure ESPN is given a budget for the on-air personalities, and RG3 and Sam Ponder had to go for Jason Kelce.

"He's so zany!" they will say.

Remember, ESPN is now all about filling the airtime as cheaply as possible, and you'll probably see Jason Kelce everywhere, much to your growing displeasure.

RG3 probably declined hosting the Scripps Annual Spelling Bee.  Jason probably has a lot of "other duties as assigned."

Y’all sure kelce can stay sober for a broadcast?! Me no think so 

11 hours ago, Augie said:

The last thing other than a game that I paid attention to on ESPN was Mike & Mike. They screwed that up, and I don’t like to listen to a bunch of people all talking in loud voices at the same time. I married into that, so I’m kind of sensitive to it. 😂 

I prefer Dan Patrick’s formula, speak when it’s your turn to speak. 

Yeah I agree. All that stuff is made to attract the same kind of people who thought Jerry Springer was top class entertainment. I've said this many times before but I honestly have no idea how Stephen A Smith is the highest paid guy there. I mean he talks unbelievable levels of *****, seems to know nothing about football other than what he can get from a box score, shouts constantly about anything and everything, yet he seems loved by millions. 

Unfortunately we now live in a world where the loudest, most outrageous voices are the ones who get the most attention. Maybe it's always been that way, but social media has really distilled it all to the point where the whole planet is drunk.

There are exceptions like you say. Patrick is good, I also like Rich Eisen's show, mainly because he breathes between sentences. 

• Like (+1) 5

16 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

vote with your wallet lol i cant as i already dont watch anything not directly a sport on ESPN

they fired both, will bring in some cute big jugged chick and give her a teleprompter and explicitly tell her what "shes allowed to 'think' on air", stray from the script and youre gone

then in the same breath theyll push political stories, feminism, and race baiting content, all while ignoring the complete hypocrisy of the entire ordeal.

TL:DR

Watch Cover 1. Read The Athletic. Listen to podcasts that arent completely commercial/handcuffed.

How does it feel to be a victim every single day of the week? It's funny because those who complain about these things are almost always unhappy and are always playing the victim about a myriad of subjects like the ones you mention. You check all of the boxes for victimhood, that's for sure.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

12 hours ago, major said:

Y’all sure kelce can stay sober for a broadcast?! Me no think so 

I don't know if that's ever been a concern. Of course this was before ABC and ESPN were joined at the hips...

• Like (+1) 2

ESPN definitely has a politics issue.  Just not sure if this is related. 

Will Cain left, not sure what the story is behind that, but he’s conservative.  Same with Sage Steele.   Samantha Ponder also conservative, just got let go.

RGIII just comes across as kinda whichever way the wind blows on social issues, leaning towards taking a “woke”

stance typically. 

McAfee and Stephen A are middle-right, middle-left and say whatever they want, daring ESPN to say something.   They know the cache they have at the network.  

Mina Kimes openly advocated for Karen Bass and posted her admiration of Tim Walz, while now openly fighting with OutKick on X. 

Dan Orlovsky seems to be conservative and recently stated he deleted a tweet because it doesn’t reflect ESPN’s beliefs. 

Not sure if LeBetard is still over there, but he’s basically half MSNBC primetime, half sports. 

Regardless.. they let their network veer into the political realm, heavy, and now the brand is toxic to many … both from a political standpoint and content standpoint as they let go of sports people to bring in firebrands.  

Its depressing to see Dan Orlovsky and Mina Kimes, both knowledgeable football commentators, have to get yelled at by morons who want to say the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, SCBills said:

ESPN definitely has a politics issue.  Just not sure if this is related. 

Will Cain left, not sure what the story is behind that, but he’s conservative.  Same with Sage Steele.   Samantha Ponder also conservative, just got let go.

RGIII just comes across as kinda whichever way the wind blows on social issues, leaning towards taking a “woke”

stance typically. 

McAfee and Stephen A are middle-right, middle-left and say whatever they want, daring ESPN to say something.   They know the cache they have at the network.  

Mina Kimes openly advocated for Karen Bass and posted her admiration of Tim Walz, while now openly fighting with OutKick on X. 

Dan Orlovsky seems to be conservative and recently stated he deleted a tweet because it doesn’t reflect ESPN’s beliefs. 

Not sure if LeBetard is still over there, but he’s basically half MSNBC primetime, half sports. 

Regardless.. they let their network veer into the political realm, heavy, and now the brand is toxic to many … both from a political standpoint and content standpoint as they let go of sports people to bring in firebrands.  

Its depressing to see Dan Orlovsky and Mina Kimes, both knowledgeable football commentators, have to get yelled at by morons who want to say the dumbest thing you’ve ever heard. 

Yeh Lebetard has been gone for awhile think he was part of the last round of cuts. 
Minas a liberal…Dans a conservative..their political stances shouldn’t really matter when it comes to their football coverage.
I will say this that network coverage is pretty much run by Mcafee and Steven A and to a lesser extent Kirk Herbstreit other then those three if you take a political stance you’re playing with fire over there even something as common sense at what happened in the Olympics. 

On 8/16/2024 at 9:41 AM, julian said:

She publicly stated her support for female athletes after the Olympic debacle relating to the biological men competing against women.

Oh, what a crime she committed. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

if you ever watched the 30 for 30 Made in America on OJ, think back to episode 2 where all the people he grew up with talk about his personality after "making it".  i probably cant get into it much on here without p'ing off mods... but RG3 is as fake as they talked about with OJ. not a genuine bone in his body.  their most "candid" moments, their eyes are in the corners looking to make sure the camera is still filming. 

every single action and word is social engineered to make the viewer try to like them. barfffffffffff

doesnt take much googling to find him sexting other chicks on the night of his wedding.  his code switching is hilariously bad. pick me! pick me! fake engineering himself sprinting off the field about the birth of his kid.  plenty of teammates saying bad teammate.  im biased, i do not like the guy, but theres plenty of crap out there to make him unlikeable

Had to be reason why $nyder signed him to be a party favor.

Maybe he can get a job with him?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yeh Lebetard has been gone for awhile think he was part of the last round of cuts. 
Minas a liberal…Dans a conservative..their political stances shouldn’t really matter when it comes to their football coverage.
I will say this that network coverage is pretty much run by Mcafee and Steven A and to a lesser extent Kirk Herbstreit other then those three if you take a political stance you’re playing with fire over there even something as common sense at what happened in the Olympics. 

Noticed Kirk jumped into the political arena saying biological men don’t belong in women’s sports (and being emphatic that he won’t be quiet any longer), so you’re probably right that he’s the 3rd guy there that can basically say whatever he wants without any worry.  

Edited by SCBills

21 hours ago, DrBob806 said:

I'm sure there's a lot of truth to that. 

Sage Steele left because of all the political pressure/ political correctness and has been very outspoken about it on X (Twitter).

Wait an aging lady who really offered no real value to ESPN blamed other things for why she left? I’m shocked! Seriously, no one watched ESPN for Safe Steele. This is no different than the nfl cutting people who they don’t see bring value as they age. 

Again, it is all about love sports, PTI, and Stephen A/ McAfee. The rest of the pieces are interchangeable. But it always has to be some giant conspiracy. 

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Noticed Kirk jumped into the political arena saying biological men don’t belong in women’s sports (and being emphatic that he won’t be quiet any longer), so you’re probably right that he’s the 3rd guy there that can basically say whatever he wants without any worry.  

The weirdos who cry about being cancelled are the ones who offer no real value. Guess why Big Ben got away with things and the Punt God didn’t? Or crazy AB was given a million chances? Or Mel Gibson still makes movies? 

• Dislike 1