RGIII fired from ESPN

I'm pretty sure ESPN is given a budget for the on-air personalities, and RG3 and Sam Ponder had to go for Jason Kelce.

"He's so zany!" they will say.

Remember, ESPN is now all about filling the airtime as cheaply as possible, and you'll probably see Jason Kelce everywhere, much to your growing displeasure.

RG3 probably declined hosting the Scripps Annual Spelling Bee.  Jason probably has a lot of "other duties as assigned."

Edited by dpberr
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I watched his interview of Keon Coleman, and I was really impressed with how charismatic, and well spoken he was. 

so was OJ lollllllllllllll

11 hours ago, MJS said:

I'll be the dissenting voice. I think RGIII is so fake. I can't stand listening to him. His need to be liked overpowers everything.

yep.  not saying dudes a murderer, but he has the same exact mentality as OJ did. its all fake, dudes a bum

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

No reason given. He will be paid for the two years remaining on his contract.

I just heard on the radio... "cost cutting" measures. They also axed Samantha Ponder.

15 minutes ago, boater said:

I just heard on the radio... "cost cutting" measures. They also axed Samantha Ponder.

Cost cutting. But they're paying out their contracts. 

Unless he had a stipulation in his contract that he only flies private or something I don't see how this saves much.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

so was OJ lollllllllllllll

yep.  not saying dudes a murderer, but he has the same exact mentality as OJ did. its all fake, dudes a bum

Trying to think of why you might decide to compare RGIII to OJ Simpson.

"...same exact mentality...?" What are you even talking about???

• Agree 6

11 hours ago, 4th&long said:

Still waiting on them canning Stephen A. He sucks yet he always survives!

You think a billion dollar company keeps he around because he sucks? No one under 40 watches sports talks. Stephen A is the only person in that business who draws an audience. 

it’s all about live sports contracts. I can’t remember the last pre game show I watched. I don’t care who the announcers are. I don’t ever watch a sports talk show unless it’s PTI. And most people are like me in that regards. 

ESPN continues down the path of irrelevance.  They would rather have commentators whose main qualification is a pretty face and spew obvious data and positions written by staff writers behind the scenes.  I personally prefer to hear from people who actually played the game or successfully managed a franchise that can provide real insight.  These people can see trends and accurately predict significant events.  They can also provide better insight into why teams and players do many of the things that they do.  RG III wasn't the best on air personality but he was clearly not the worst or even close to being the worst.