RGIII fired from ESPN

2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:
2 hours ago, Florida Bills Fanatic said:

I personally prefer to hear from people who actually played the gameor successfully managed a franchise that can provide real insight. 

*Terry 'Hayseed' Bradshaw excepted.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, dpberr said:

I'm pretty sure ESPN is given a budget for the on-air personalities, and RG3 and Sam Ponder had to go for Jason Kelce.

Saving money which has been declared as reason for curs is not the same as meeting budget requirements.

Evidently cut personalities do not cost against budget (no dead cap) 

21 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

One of the better I thought. 

Agreed, but he didn't look great in heels.  ESPN, like so many other sports outlets -- this is just my opinion, of course -- is no longer interested in actually discussing sports.  Instead they want a smoke show of one sort or another.

Every time I ask myself why I stopped watching TV years ago (outside of Top Chef and the Bills, and maybe save for binge watching here and there), I need to go no further than the decline of outlets like ESPN.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

He wasn't fired he was laid off

Why lay someone off if you are going to pay him for the two years remaining on the contract?  Is there something else up here? 

22 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why lay someone off if you are going to pay him for the two years remaining on the contract?  Is there something else up here? 

I think it was just a reduction in force, cost cutting layoff.

He's still under contract so ESPN still has to honor the contract. 

Most likely they will pay him the two years left on his contract this year and take the hit accounting wise this year.

Then next year he and Ponder are off the books and the 2025 books will look so much better for ESPN.

For him to be fired he would had to violate the contract in some way then ESPN would try to get out of paying him the 2 years remaining. Let's say he had an affair with an intern or something, perhaps violating some morality clause

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I think it was just a reduction in force, cost cutting layoff.

He's still under contract so ESPN still has to honor the contract. 

Most likely they will pay him the two years left on his contract this year and take the hit accounting wise this year.

Then next year he and Ponder are off the books and the 2025 books look so much better for ESPN.

For him to be fired he would had to violate the contract in some way then ESPN would try to get out of paying him the 2 years remaining. Let's say he had an affair with an intern or something, perhaps violating some morality clause

If he’s fired for cause you are probably off the hook for paying. If he’s not fired for cause, but you’re going to pay him the full amount, why not let him do the work? It just seems there is a piece missing here, but it’s none of my business. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Fleezoid said:

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47enefakumfa884ko5yi

She was one of the few reasons I tuned in to NFL Sunday Countdown.

vote with your wallet lol i cant as i already dont watch anything not directly a sport on ESPN

they fired both, will bring in some cute big jugged chick and give her a teleprompter and explicitly tell her what "shes allowed to 'think' on air", stray from the script and youre gone

then in the same breath theyll push political stories, feminism, and race baiting content, all while ignoring the complete hypocrisy of the entire ordeal.

TL:DR

Watch Cover 1. Read The Athletic. Listen to podcasts that arent completely commercial/handcuffed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

vote with your wallet lol i cant as i already dont watch anything not directly a sport on ESPN

they fired both, will bring in some cute big jugged chick and give her a teleprompter and explicitly tell her what "shes allowed to 'think' on air", stray from the script and youre gone

then in the same breath theyll push political stories, feminism, and race baiting content, all while ignoring the complete hypocrisy of the entire ordeal.

TL:DR

Watch Cover 1. Read The Athletic. Listen to podcasts that arent completely commercial/handcuffed.

The last thing other than a game that I paid attention to on ESPN was Mike & Mike. They screwed that up, and I don’t like to listen to a bunch of people all talking in loud voices at the same time. I married into that, so I’m kind of sensitive to it. 😂 

I prefer Dan Patrick’s formula, speak when it’s your turn to speak. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Trying to think of why you might decide to compare RGIII to OJ Simpson.

"...same exact mentality...?" What are you even talking about???

if you ever watched the 30 for 30 Made in America on OJ, think back to episode 2 where all the people he grew up with talk about his personality after "making it".  i probably cant get into it much on here without p'ing off mods... but RG3 is as fake as they talked about with OJ. not a genuine bone in his body.  their most "candid" moments, their eyes are in the corners looking to make sure the camera is still filming. 

every single action and word is social engineered to make the viewer try to like them. barfffffffffff

doesnt take much googling to find him sexting other chicks on the night of his wedding.  his code switching is hilariously bad. pick me! pick me! fake engineering himself sprinting off the field about the birth of his kid.  plenty of teammates saying bad teammate.  im biased, i do not like the guy, but theres plenty of crap out there to make him unlikeable