Falcons sign Justin Simmons

DJB

9 minutes ago, FLFan said:

We are not spending $6m on those 2.  Edward’s is getting less than $1m per year with virtually nothing guaranteed.  Rapp is about $3.5 per year, but of course he plays a different position than Simmons, and they would have still needed a safety to fill his role.

Edwards has a $2.8M cap hit. 

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

That ships sailed though. You can't just undo those moves.

Exactly.  

Also, Simmons, no doubt was wanting a lot more than 8M per year back in March.

This is what he settled for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Two nice moves the past couple of days 

Yup. They’re pushing hard to win the division and have some hope in the playoffs. They could get in and win a playoff game this season. 

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Yeah, their QB’s are awesome! 🤣

Drake London       

Darnell Mooney

Kyle Pitts 

Bijan Robinson

Vs

Khalil Shakir

Curtis Samuel

Dalton Kincaid

James Cook

It's pretty close but I'm probably going with Atlanta on that. Then who on defense do we have that is better than Judon and Simmons?  We have a couple equal assets sure. Glass houses on this one. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Drake London       

Darnell Mooney

Kyle Pitts 

Bijan Robinson

Vs

Khalil Shakir

Curtis Samuel

Dalton Kincaid

James Cook

It's pretty close but I'm probably going with Atlanta on that. Then who on defense do we have that is better than Judon and Simmons?  We have a couple equal assets sure. Glass houses on this one. 

BS.

The Bills would crush the Falcons.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Id take him for that price 

Whereas I'm hoping they are saving our $10M in cap space for a mid-season WR trade. Metcalf and Hopkins are the two I have my eye on. Safety isn't going to be the position that determines our Super Bowl chances. We need our passing offense to be capable of steamrolling teams, and as of today I don't think that's likely.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Falcons making two moves to really beef up their defense adding a vet pass rusher in Judon via trade and signing Simmons to sure up their secondary. Adding talent is always a solid idea (duh) but sometimes making a lot of "big moves" is also not the best sign because it could mean you don't like what you have. 

I think the truth for the Falcons is likely somewhere in-between, they obviously felt the need to upgrade their defense but they are also probably feeling like in what appears to be a wide open division that by adding a couple of pieces to the defense they can win their division.  

11 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Drake London       

Darnell Mooney

Kyle Pitts 

Bijan Robinson

Vs

Khalil Shakir

Curtis Samuel

Dalton Kincaid

James Cook

To me it’s not close at all. 

London > Samuel

Mooney = Shakir

Pitts > Kingcaid 

Bijan >>>>> Cook

Pitts is now underrated in the NFL and he’s going to have a monster breakout this year . Hes the best TE prospect I’ve studied in the last 5 + years but suffered from terrible QB play but still put up 1000 yards .

Bijan to me is the most talented RB in the NFL and many know that I’m not a Cook fan . 

Difference on offense is that we have Josh but Cousins is a good QB

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 8/15/2024 at 5:38 PM, SCBills said:

Everybody would.  Simmons is a Top 3 Safety.   But we don’t exactly have 8M to be throwing around right now. 

We could get creative, sure.. but not sure it makes sense to do that for a Safety. 

The cool thing is we don't have any money and we are already having our former all-pro's getting season long injuries so we got that going for us.

What's that, Honey?  Ok, got it.  Apparently my wife is now working with someone who looks a lot like me, but is 15 years younger and in way better shape so this week is shaping up to be what it is.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Whereas I'm hoping they are saving our $10M in cap space for a mid-season WR trade. Metcalf and Hopkins are the two I have my eye on. Safety isn't going to be the position that determines our Super Bowl chances. We need our passing offense to be capable of steamrolling teams, and as of today I don't think that's likely.

Yes. 

17 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I honestly think the Seahawks are a potential candidate for first overall pick. I can't help but think that Geno is going to turn back into a pumpkin at some point, and they have sack magnet/turnover machine Sam Howell as his backup. Not a good situation, and Carroll, who was a great coach, covered up a lot of deficiencies. Their defense was a disaster last season.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

It’s too bad that they have no fans.

They really don’t. 

Im in Atlanta.  They’ll say it’s due to being a transient city, which is true .. but everyone loves the Braves somehow.  

City, State is run by UGA Football. 

• Like (+1) 1