Falcons sign Justin Simmons

DJB

12 minutes ago, DJB said:

Would have been nice to add him especially with the loss of Milano now 

Yeah, with our Star LB down for the year and WR thin and underperforming outside of the top few guys - spending 8m (that we don't have) on an 8th new Safety contract for this offseason would have been a wise move...

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah, their QB’s are awesome! 🤣

Cousins is a top 10 QB and they got a guy they think can be one, I have no issue with it.   Cousins is 10x anything we had here between JA and Kelly.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah, their QB’s are awesome! 🤣

Cousins is extremely serviceable and Penix has potential. They actually did well to retool the position without a top 5 pick, which is exceedingly difficult these days. It’s not like they are the Broncos or Raiders here. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

less than I expected honestly.

Would have taken him over that FA guy we got is now injured. Even before he was injured lol

Everybody would.  Simmons is a Top 3 Safety.   But we don’t exactly have 8M to be throwing around right now. 

We could get creative, sure.. but not sure it makes sense to do that for a Safety. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Id take him for that price 

yea I think the Bills made an error on this one. Rarely will I come out and say that flat out. But I was underwhelmed by Taylor Rapp's play last season, and terrified of the thought of him being a starter this season. 

Damar Hamlin I actually thought was pretty average his first season starting, and getting better when the incident occured, so I was kinda ok with him starting as our box safety...but not him and Rapp together. 

But if this was the price for Simmons, then IDK what the Bills were thinking here

Just now, SCBills said:

Everybody would.  Simmons is a Top 3 Safety.   But we don’t exactly have 8M to be throwing around right now. 

We could get creative, sure.. but not sure it makes sense to do that for a Safety. 

We have 10M in in unused cap space, unless I'm missing something

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, appoo said:

We have 10M in in unused cap space, unless I'm missing something

We don't have 10m. We have 6.49

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/_/year/2024

And when you factor in the 3m or slightly more for the Practice Squad and at least a couple million for in season spending, we have very little to practically nothing on hand rn.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 4

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

And when you factor in the 3m or slightly more for the Practice Squad and at least a couple million for in season spending, we have very little to practically nothing on hand rn.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/buffalo-bills

image.thumb.png.2f1cd572d14b8b2cd3455f46a8465e2e.png

I think I've read that OTC was better but I don't that for a fact

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Cant ignore we are spending almost $6M on Rapp and Edwards. I take Simmons at $8M and some lower $ guys than the combo. 

• Agree 4

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

less than I expected honestly.

Would have taken him over that FA guy we got is now injured. Even before he was injured lol

It is no doubt less than he expected as well.  Why does everyone think he has been out there this long? The only explanation is that his demands exceeded his worth.  What was the price in March, April when the Bills and other teams were constructing their rosters?  His demands on term?  At this point the Bills do not have near the cap room to have signed that contract.

Edited by FLFan
Deleted misinformation
  • Thank you (+1) 1