RIP Greg Kihn

Gregg

I lived  in the SF Bay area from 1995-2014 and listened to him DJ on the classic rock station in San Jose.

He also appeared at the end of Weird Al's  "I Lost on Jeopardy."

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 2

On 8/15/2024 at 1:50 PM, Wacka said:

I lived  in the SF Bay area from 1995-2014 and listened to him DJ on the classic rock station in San Jose.

He also appeared at the end of Weird Al's  "I Lost on Jeopardy."

34 or so years ago I visited my dad in the Bay area. He and his wife took me out to a bar as I was newly 21. Just hanging out and I look at the table tent with upcoming show and see that Greg Kihn was going to be playing on Wednesday. Then I realized it was Wednesday as I looked up to see him walk out and start to play. It was a great bit of luck and a really enjoyable show. RIP Greg. 

RIP Greg!

I liked Weird Al's awesome parody tribute:

https://youtu.be/BvUZijEuNDQ?si=WgkC5waMjqPCoBWM

@Mike in Horseheads

"Ohhhhhh... I was there, to match my intellect, on national TV, Against a plumber, and an architect, both with a Ph.D. I was tense, I was nervous, I guess it just wasn't my night. Art Fleming gave the answers, Oh, but I couldn't get the questions right-ight-ight..."

On 8/17/2024 at 10:04 AM, BarleyNY said:

34 or so years ago I visited my dad in the Bay area. He and his wife took me out to a bar as I was newly 21. Just hanging out and I look at the table tent with upcoming show and see that Greg Kihn was going to be playing on Wednesday. Then I realized it was Wednesday as I looked up to see him walk out and start to play. It was a great bit of luck and a really enjoyable show. RIP Greg. 

How come every good memory you have seems to involve beer or a bar Barley?  LOL

That's actually a pretty cool story.  Nostalgia for my younger years still kind of drives me today.  Like that one friend I used to have that was real good at pull ups.  I still think of him and his brother every now and then.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.