Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Teams don't "give out" injury settlements.  They are agreed on.  Matt is on IR for the year, unless he comes back earlier.

If you want to get rid of him, you cut or trade him like any other player.

Currently Matt has $29M in dead money.  It's going to cost a lot one way or the other.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/21905/matt-milano

We're screwed...no one is trading for an injury prone player. We're not eating 29M in a cut so all we can do is IR him and hope he can contribute in December?  That's all we got. I'm sure Beane will be scouring MLB cuts over the next few weeks. It's the Bernard/Williams show.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, julian said:

That’s just not a thing.. he’s not Lawerence Taylor lol, I respect that your opinion differs from mine though.

Your opinion is wrong.   He is the most unaffordable loss on the defense and it's not even close.

This is partly why they signed Deion Jones, Morrow, draft Elefeushio and Williams.  And Specter, but he has the same problem as Milano as far as injuries

Seriously, Jones was of equal performance to Milano when he was in ATL...probably wishful thinking he can return to that form but he is not that old.....

13 minutes ago, julian said:

That’s just not a thing.. he’s not Lawerence Taylor lol, I respect that your opinion differs from mine though.

Right no but I'm talking about actual reality that actually happened last year.

AJ Klein -- an off-ball linebacker, same as Milano -- played in the Chiefs playoff game and was absolutely abused by Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce all game long. It was arguably the biggest factor in the Bills' inability to stop the Chiefs offense in a home playoff game that could've sent them to the AFC Championship game.

This really happened. It was on TV and everything.

• Haha (+1) 2

(obligatory statement - never wish injury on any player) 

If it had to happen, this is good year for it to occur. Imo, it was a stretch that we would make the playoffs so might as well use it to know how fragile Milano really is and put a replacement on the target list for 2025. Reminda me of Jonas Jennings in the durability department

• Disagree 1

You know, it's really just about making the playoffs. If he can return in December, that's really the time of year we'll need him most. 

Obviously, terrible news, but that's a guy we need in the playoffs more than any other time.  Hopefully guys like Dorian can step up.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're screwed...no one is trading for an injury prone player. We're not eating 29M in a cut so all we can do is IR him and hope he can contribute in December?  That's all we got. I'm sure Beane will be scouring MLB cuts over the next few weeks. It's the Bernard/Williams show.

I don't think scouring for linebackers is necessary.  This is part of the reason why the Bills have used draft picks on linebackers over the past couple of years.  They also brought in vets to challenge for spots.  I wouldn't be surprised at all if they didn't bring anyone in.  I'm not sure it helps the team

Edited by Ya Digg?

4 minutes ago, Success said:

You know, it's really just about making the playoffs. If he can return in December, that's really the time of year we'll need him most. 

Obviously, terrible news, but that's a guy we need in the playoffs more than any other time.  Hopefully guys like Dorian can step up.

A year removed is crazy though.  Going to be tough

Injuries suck. Hoping Matt makes a full recovery! With MM going down and injuries at Safety, it’s elevating my overall concerns. 

Not liking our depth at S, LB, RB or WR. 

Praying this team can stay healthy and get to the playoffs with all their weapons!

Just now, TFBillsfan said:

Injuries suck. Hoping Matt makes a full recovery! With MM going down and injuries at Safety, it’s elevating my overall concerns. 

Not liking our depth at S, LB, RB or WR. 

Praying this team can stay healthy and get to the playoffs with all their weapons!

Outside of S, what's wrong with the depth at those other positions?