Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

At least Beane had some foresight to take Bernard and Williams in consecutive drafts. Good example of how quickly team needs can change. At the time both players were seen as redundancies on the roster and the picks were questioned for it. Now they are both starting. This is why you always draft BPA.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

Naah, you are in the majority with this one... time to end the now back to back IR train like we did with Tre I guess. It's just not working out and it SUCKS.

34 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Dorian sure doesn't look ready. Spector, if healthy, I'm guessing. 

Doesn't look ready?  Its not rocket science.  See ball carrier, run towards him and knock him down.  In pass coverage cover backs flaring out of the backfield, or TE's in the middle of the field.  Occasionally rush the passer.  It really should not be as hard as McDermott wants to make it playing defense.  Williams is an excellent athlete.  Play to his strengths.    

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Bills will be fine without him.  They managed just fine last year when he got hurt.   Next man up.   

5 minutes ago, julian said:

Whatever… a LB isn’t going to determine a team’s destiny.

next man up.

The Bills were NOT just fine without Milano last year come playoff time. 

A LB very literally DID determine this team's destiny last year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Logic said:

The Bills were NOT just fine without Milano last year come playoff time. 

A LB very literally DID determine this team's destiny last year.

Lotta AJ Klein fanboys apparently

Cursed franchise

28 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

I wont blast you for it. Lets do some math folks

These are the games Milano played each year of his career. 

Year-Missed

18-3

19-1

20-6

22-1

23-12

24- At Least 12

35 games missed. Thats a combined 2 full seasons missed.. or more.... depending on outcome of surgery. 4 out of the last 5 years, his health has been unreliable. WHY oh WHY should we trust his health next year. Enough is enough. Next man up.  We either find out the rest of this preseason, if we need to trade or go with something else. 

2 years ago KC went with mostly just 1  LB on the field cause of injuries. Elam has been fantastic at the line and using him to cover HB's and TE's is not a horrible idea. 

San Fran had to do something like this 3 years ago and that defense held their own quite well. Their issues on that year was offense. We have seen Elam do a great job cutting in and getting that RB close to the HB quick.  Speed Kills and Elam has it. or.. Next LB up or.. we trade. 

Milano's career in buffalo should be done. enough is enough. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Not the end of the world. Hear me out...

We won 11 games without him last year and got the 2 seed. 

I wasnt certain his leg was 100% anyway yet.  This gives the leg more time to heal.

If he can make it back early- mid December, he gets a few games of reps and can be a playoff force especially against KC.  He will be "fresh" from not having had to grind through a long season and can play as fast as possible.  

And yes, I believe we make the playoffs without Milano at LB.  He might be a difference makers versus KC in a playoff game tho...

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

the defense was not fine without him

If we have a healthy Bernard, we probably beat KC. 

We felt his loss, but the loss of Daquan Jones hurt us much more throughout the season. 

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

You can't take on another significant dead cap two years in a row.

Not advocating it but he’s only about $1.5M more off the roster than on next year. 2026 is the available out year. 

I think they give him 2025 and weigh either an extension in 2026 to lessen his cap number after two major injuries or they cut him all together. 

Milano and Tre are two very “Billsy” career arcs. Like no matter how far away we get from some of those joke years we just can’t quite catch a break. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1