Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I just think blaming training staff for a guy who had missed two games before last season is not right 

Im not necessarily doing that. 

Im more speaking in the macro sense that what’s happened to this defense injury-wise lately is bizarre and we can’t just act like it’s all freak accidents.  

Great player but he’s damaged goods now. Time to give him the Tre White treatment and move on. So now we’re down an all pro LB and we’re average at safety. McDermott and Bobby gonna have to coach their ass off this year. 

Defensive line really has to step up this year. If they don’t, we could be in for a tough year on defense. 

Edited by BillMafia716ix

5 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Rousseau is Shaq Lawson 2.0. No need to give him top 20 EDGE money to not rush the passer.

By the end of Shaq Lawson's 3rd season, he had 10 sacks, 12 TFL and 21 QB hits.

By the end of Greg Roussea's 3rd season, he has 17 sacks, 30 TFL and 42 QB hits.

Yep, they are very same.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Just feels like Tre White again.

A fan favorite, elite when healthy, robbed by injury.

Have to think it will likely end the same way as well.  Hopefully he can come back for a late season return, but I think the plan this year, and future years, turns to Dorian Williams / maybe Baylon Spector.. even though he has injury issues himself. 

2nd bicep tear I believe? Anybody elde recollect the same thing? Soft tissue stuff is high chance reoccurring, and I think I remember a partial pec tear too. Those all suck, last years was a broken bone, so can't Blame that on him or being "glass"

Sucks. Wouldn't shock me if homies juiced to the gills.  Time to see what last years 3rd rd pick has in the tank! Moving on seems sooner than later at this point ughhh

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

By the end of Greg Roussea's 3rd season, he has 17 sacks, 30 TFL and 42 QB hits.

Yep, they are very same.

2.0 means he’s a bit better. He’s still no difference maker at EDGE.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

2nd bicep tear I believe? Anybody elde recollect the same thing? Soft tissue stuff is high chance reoccurring, and I think I remember a partial pec tear too. Those all suck, last years was a broken bone, so can't Blame that on him or being "glass"

Sucks. Wouldn't shock me if homies juiced to the gills.  Time to see what last years 3rd rd pick has in the tank! Moving on seems sooner than later at this point ughhh

It seems like it, dude has absolutely maxed out his frame muscle wise.

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im not necessarily doing that. 

Im more speaking in the macro sense that what’s happened to this defense injury-wise lately is bizarre and we can’t just act like it’s all freak accidents.  

Well what others were there? Hyde’s neck was a freak thing making a tackle, Poyer was ancient when he hurt his shoulder. You could argue that Tre’s Achilles and maybe this bicep are training related but the players rank our training staff quite highly. 

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yep, they are very same.

Guy doesn’t know ball, plain and simple 

Brutal blow for Milano, god speed on the recovery. 

Silver lining is the team was diligent about adding LB depth this off season incase they needed extra time for MM to ramp up. Marrow and Deion Jones are down grades but not to the AJ Klien level the team was playing last year. Dorian Williams and Ede Ulofoshio are athletic to make up for mental mistakes. 

The staff has a 3 weeks to prepare any of the options for their role knowing Milano will not be available.

I am very interested in particular if Dorian would be ready for a starting role after a year to refine his skills and understanding his role? Also curious if they staff would move Benard to Miliano's WLB role and try Dorian or Spector at MLB?

The injury wasn't a set back on last years leg issue and he should be able to continue to run and be in good condition if he is cleared from the bicep issue and can play. Milano getting the surgery now with Shefter already hinting about a return in Dec in time for the playoff could really be a boost. Having a fresh MM for the Kelce and Andrews in January is a big plus. 

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

There is absolutely no reason to do that.  There is no downside to simply putting him on IR with a potential return designation and then seeing what happens.  Next year is next year, and yes, the Bills will need to make a decision then.  No need to do it now.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2