Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

Just now, stevestojan said:

At this point, he’s getting paid a lot to not play. 

Glad the trainers were asking him to do pushups to test out the injury. I’m sure that’s great for a torn bicep. 

Im sure the trainers with masters degrees in PT know more than you do. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Dorian sure doesn't look ready. Spector, if healthy, I'm guessing. 

Yea it’s not great. Though from his rookie year and last preseason you would not have guessed Bernard was going to play as well as he did. Even Dotson looks bad in preseason and played pretty well in season.

Milano has been such a great player when he is healthy for us and I hope he gets back this year, but the rebuild is continuing on the fly this year. Time for young players to fill in and hopefully excel like the stalwarts we have lost this offseason.

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Anyone ever think these injuries happen because guys get too bulky?

I think a lot of these injuries on all players, soft tissue especially, are because of doing roids or other performance enhancing drugs. They get too big. If I was a scout I would look for players who are naturally strong, big, fit if possible. Admittedly probably hard to do or tell the difference?

• Agree 1

I'm not a cap expert but looking at his contract it looks like we can't realistically move on prior to his contract expiring in 2027, is that correct?

I love Milano, one of my favorite Bills of the last decade. This stinks.

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If we are in the playoff race at that point, then most likely Williams or whoever is playing that spot may be doing just fine. 

We all want to think they are still competing this year, but the way Beane is operating he is planning for a big splash this offseason and a run in 2025. 

Milano is already 30. They need to give Josh a raise and pay Rousseau this off season. 

It's harsh but we don't even know if he would have been any good coming off the leg fracture. 

Rousseau is Shaq Lawson 2.0. No need to give him top 20 EDGE money to not rush the passer.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Roundybout said:

The leg injury was not something you can train for, it was a freak thing. Not sure about the bicep one but I don’t think you can blame the training staff foremost. 

But you can expect undersized players to have more injuries .. you can expect older players to have more injuries / take longer to come back from injury. 

This is now the third big money guy on defense in the past 3 years to effectively miss two seasons. 

Just now, SCBills said:

But you can expect undersized players to have more injuries .. you can expect older players to have more injuries / take longer to come back from injury. 

This is now the third big money guy on defense in the past 3 years to effectively miss two seasons. 

I just think blaming training staff for a guy who had missed two games before last season is not right 

11 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

I won't blast you, cause I get the frustration, but I do disagree.  I am hoping he will be back for the playoffs, and is ready to contribute at his former all-pro level.

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This was a big concern for me coming into the season.  Both our key LBs are undersized, so injury risk was something that had me worried because not having both last year was a major reason we lost the KC game.  

Entering the year already down Milano is no bueno.  

How exact does Milano's size contribute to tearing a bicep on a tackling dummy?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2