Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

If the Bills went into this year planning on Milano being a huge component of the Defense, theyā€™re idiots, tbh.Ā 
Ā 

Undersized LB coming off a major injury at 30 years old. Ā 
Ā 

From a purely football standpoint, this was a very likely issue to pop up with him at any point this season .. even if he returned to prior form, which wasnā€™t a given either.Ā 

That's one way to look at it and I don't disagree with you. But Milano is our stud LBer. He will be missed. Next man up at this point I guess...

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.Ā Ā 

Ā 

That's a bit much.

Ā 

If this team is still in a playoff/division race in December and he is available to come back that would be a huge uplifting thing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

That's a bit much.

Ā 

If this team is still in a playoff/division race in December and he is available to come back that would be a huge uplifting thing.

What even is he at that point though?

Ā 

Just put him out there after almost two years missed?

Ā 

Whos to say we donā€™t trade for someone or Dorian Williams grows into the role ala Bernard. Ā 
Ā 

I wasnā€™t expecting a ton from him, but my goodness itā€™s so frustrating to constantly have big money tied up for guys on defense who arenā€™t on the field.Ā 
Ā 

This stuff doesnā€™t happen to the Chiefs at this level and is a huge reason for their constant success.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s also becoming an issue worth asking about to our FO. Ā Is it our training.. the type of guys we draft/invest inā€¦ it canā€™t just be constant bad luck.Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

That's a bit much.

Ā 

If we are in the playoff race at that point, then most likely Williams or whoever is playing that spot may be doing just fine.Ā 

Ā 

We all want to think they are still competing this year, but the way Beane is operating he is planning for a big splash this offseason and a run in 2025.Ā 

Ā 

Milano is already 30. They need to give Josh a raise and pay Rousseau this off season.Ā 

Ā 

It's harsh but we don't even know if he would have been any good coming off the leg fracture.Ā 

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

TEs we play this seasonĀ 

Ā 

McBrideĀ 

KelceĀ 

EngramĀ 

AndrewsĀ 

SchultzĀ 

Kittle

LaPortaĀ 

HenryĀ 

OkonkwoĀ 

HigbeeĀ 

JonnuĀ 

ConklinĀ 

Then add in the Safety question marks to Milano's absence.Ā 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ā 

Ā 

Whos to say we donā€™t trade for someone or Dorian Williams grows into the role ala Bernard. Ā 
Ā 

I wasnā€™t expecting a ton from him, but my goodness itā€™s so frustrating to constantly have big money tied up for guys on defense who arenā€™t on the field.Ā 
Ā 

This stuff doesnā€™t happen to the Chiefs at this level and is a huge reason for their constant success.Ā 
Ā 

Itā€™s also becoming an issue worth asking about to our FO. Ā Is it our training.. the type of guys we draft/invest inā€¦ it canā€™t just be constant bad luck.Ā 

The point is he is a good player and you need as many of them as you can get in the playoffs.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Like, did you see the KC playoff game last year?

Just now, H2o said:

Then add in the Safety question marks to Milano's absence.Ā 

Ā 

This is officially a transition season - in other words - a season wasted with Josh Allen as our QB. Ā 

Ā 

UNLESS Dorian and our Safeties are fine and the pass rush is there. Ā Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

But 40 plus million on guys not here or hurt - who can compete like that? Ā 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The leg injury was not something you can train for, it was a freak thing. Not sure about the bicep one but I donā€™t think you can blame the training staff foremost.Ā 

• Agree 1