Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

I see a lot of people saying “well, if we get him back for the end of season/playoffs, that’s what matters”

….

What if Dorian Williams grows into the role?  I’m not pushing him out for Milano in that scenario. 

Dorian Williams has a chance to lock down that LB spot for good if he makes the jump.   And if he does, that’s that, imo. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I see a lot of people saying “well, if we get him back for the end of season/playoffs, that’s what matters”

….

What if Dorian Williams grows into the role?  I’m not pushing him out for Milano in that scenario. 

Dorian Williams has a chance to lock down that LB spot for good if he makes the jump.   And if he does, that’s that, imo. 

Of course we keep Dorian in there if he shines and stays healthy.  If Matt returns in December, then we have some great vet depth in case someone else goes down.  Bernard was pretty banged up by the end of last season. Our defensive players don't exactly have alot of durability late in the year.

• Agree 2

10 minutes ago, SCBills said:

….

Hopefully that happens. That would be a good problem for the Bills to have.

• Agree 2

What about Nick Morrow?

He had 95 tackles in 15 games for the Eagles last year, and 122 for the Bears in '22. He had 12 tackles in the Eagles' OT win over us last year. He picked off Josh in the 2020 game vs the Bears. The dude can play, and he's only 28.

I like Dorian, but if he isn't quite ready to take the next step- Morrow or even Deion Jones are better fill-ins than we've ever had in the current era. I haven't heard Morrow's name mentioned this preseason, so who knows what McD thinks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, 947 said:

What about Nick Morrow?

He had 95 tackles in 15 games for the Eagles last year, and 122 for the Bears in '22. He had 12 tackles in the Eagles' OT win over us last year. He picked off Josh in the 2020 game vs the Bears. The dude can play, and he's only 28.

I like Dorian, but if he isn't quite ready to take the next step- Morrow or even Deion Jones are better fill-ins than we've ever had in the current era. I haven't heard Morrow's name mentioned this preseason, so who knows what McD thinks.

Morrow has been out with an injury I believe.

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

….

I would like nothing better than for Williams to make the job his own. Problem is, despite his great athleticism, is that he is utterly clueless on the field. Easy to beat with play fakes, doesn’t understand pursuit angles, and is an absolute liability in pass coverage (the long pass to Kmet last Saturday is a prime example. Until I actually see a good player, I won’t believe he is a good player. 

• Like (+1) 4

Not this season, but perhaps next they need to move on.

A history of Missing too much playing time and players generally don't become more resilient after they hit 30.

They can probably show Spector the door too, but he will injure himself walking through it.

Get by with what we have and beef up the vet depth to squeeze a season out of them and retool in the next draft.

4 hours ago, Fan in San Diego said:

Dr. David Chou says he will be back by Dec. 1st

I am not shooting the messenger as I appreciate you sharing, but how would that doctor know that information?

Mcdermott didn't sound optimistic at all when they asked if Milano would be back

On 8/15/2024 at 11:12 AM, SCBills said:

Just feels like Tre White again.

A fan favorite, elite when healthy, robbed by injury.

Have to think it will likely end the same way as well.  Hopefully he can come back for a late season return, but I think the plan this year, and future years, turns to Dorian Williams / maybe Baylon Spector.. even though he has injury issues himself. 

Dorian Williams is fast and can tackle but the problem seems to be he isn't "getting it" as far as being able to diagnose the play after the snap and understand what that means to his assignment.  That's bad news as a potential replacement for Milano.