Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

Another reason why the 13 seconds year, and prior year are so heart breaking.  The team had good luck and was as healthy as they could ask for.  The injury luck has turned bad. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

17 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I hope so, but not playing for nearly 2 seasons at that point scares me a bit. 

Its unrealistic to think someone who hasn't played for most of two seasons, is going to return an perform at a meaningful level.  I am not sure I am even aware of any similar success stories. 

Definitely sucks on a lot of levels, but as others have mentioned, everything we want to do that is special happens after Christmas. Obviously before that our playoff seeding, etc is up for grabs, but having him at full game strength for the playoffs is our silver lining. That was my hope last year too, and we know how that turned out, but this is a new thing and unrelated to past heart break. Will also accelerate Dorian's development and I think he is ready for a big year 2.

Still a devastating injury and heart breaker.

• Like (+1) 2

Of course Spector now has a calf injury.  I have thought that he could be a surprise quality LB for the Bills, but his injury history is becoming a significant concern.  Calf injuries always seem to turn into something that either lingers or doesn't get better without a lot of rest.

Edited by jahnyc

30 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Another reason why the 13 seconds year, and prior year are so heart breaking.  The team had good luck and was as healthy as they could ask for.  The injury luck has turned bad. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I still get extremely angry every single time I think about 2nd and 9 after the 2-minute warning, at home against the Chiefs, in excellent position for a walk-off TD.. more so than 13 seconds.   

don't get me wrong.  They both sucked.  But for some reason, last season's ending is still bugging me to this day.

32 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Could be a blessing in disguise if we get him for the late season and playoffs. Sorry, just trying to find some positive. 

I mean, it's a fair point.  Assuming the Bills are in position for another post-season appearance, and McDermott/Babich find a way to adjust and have this defense playing at a high level  like they seem to figure out more often than not, at that point Milano's return will feel like a "bonus" more than anything else.

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Was that the argument?  Roughly 6 sacks a season from your late first round pick isn’t bad.  Especially when he has a ton of QB hits and TFL.

6 sacks a season from a first round pass rusher isn't all that great. We need a 10+ sack a year guy. A first round pick should be that guy. Jerry Hughes was a hits and TFL guy but was mediocre when it came to actual sacks

• Thank you (+1) 1

Love the guy, have his jersey, want to see him play for them again, but if he doesn’t make a DaQuan Jones like recovery and come back in time to help for the playoffs and look great, it’s time to cut him.  His cap space could help land some players who could make an impact.  

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

6 sacks a season from a first round pass rusher isn't all that great. We need a 10+ sack a year guy. A first round pick should be that guy. Jerry Hughes was a hits and TFL guy but was mediocre when it came to actual sacks

He is a late first round pick.  If he was projected to be a 10+ sack a year guy, he would have went in the top 10.  

The hit rate for all 1st edge draft picks in the last 20 drafts.  56% bust rate.  

3 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Don’t hate on the guys opinion. Regardless of any stat that you post, you can’t deny that Groot is a really nice edge setter who has yet to make a real impact with his pass rush. Kind of like …….. Shaq Lawson 

Groot is legit an elite edge setter though. He has a claim as the best run stopping EDGE in the entire NFL, since his rookie season really. Sure that's not exactly what you're hoping for from a 1st round EDGE so hopefully the pass rush production improves, but he is much more impactful than Shaq Lawson ever was. The NFL at large will probably value him more than you think when he hits FA. Being able to shut down run plays on an entire side of the field isn't sexy but it's very valuable.

• Agree 1