Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

3 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

That's a bit much.

If this team is still in a playoff/division race in December and he is available to come back that would be a huge uplifting thing.

Because? Haven’t we repeatedly seen our players and their performance level coming off major injury?  Not exactly stellar level of play. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

It's pretty easy for me, I would have never had let Diggs go, drafted Coleman and would go hardcore after Aiyuk. 

Appreciate it. Most folks post stuff but rarely say what they’d do if they were in charge. The only thing I’d say about your ‘all in’ strategy is that it’s rarely worked. I’m in Southern California and have watched USC try the same in college football.. While they were a prolific offense with all kinds of weapons galore their defense couldn’t stop anyone….i mean nobody, and they flamed out big time even with the NFLs top pick at QB and a gunslinger head coach. It was exhausting to watch 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Radar said:

Unfortunately this removes maybe our best defensive player from what I believe is a suspect defense to  begin with. Hopefully he's not out for an extended period.

Won't play again this season

• Agree 1

So funny enough, I thought to myself "I wonder if former Falcon Deion Jones is still available. Let me google to see what team signed him...."

And it was the Bills. He's already in Buffalo. Totally forgot about that.

He's no Milano, but I feel better about the spot if Dorian Williams cant hold it down.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

By the end of Shaq Lawson's 3rd season, he had 10 sacks, 12 TFL and 21 QB hits.

By the end of Greg Roussea's 3rd season, he has 17 sacks, 30 TFL and 42 QB hits.

Yep, they are very same.

Don’t hate on the guys opinion. Regardless of any stat that you post, you can’t deny that Groot is a really nice edge setter who has yet to make a real impact with his pass rush. Kind of like …….. Shaq Lawson 

3 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

I doubt that Milano would accept an injury settlement. No reason he shouldn’t get his whole salary this season. Also it would be a bad look for the Bills. Making him a June 1st cut designation next offseason makes sense though. Which sucks because he’s one of my favorite players, but I can see it happening. His cash payouts jump up to about $10M in 2025 & 2026. Tough to tie that up in an already 30 year old player who may be breaking down physically. Its a sad day. 

Contract

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Don’t hate on the guys opinion. Regardless of any stat that you post, you can’t deny that Groot is a really nice edge setter who has yet to make a real impact with his pass rush. Kind of like …….. Shaq Lawson 

Okay so you expect Greg Rousseau to be 4 teams by the time he is 29 years old?  Kind of like....Shaq Lawson?

I mean Rousseau has double the amount of QB hits, more than double TFL and 7 more sacks....why don't these matter?

Considering how dangerous this game is, it's a miracle when any non-QB can make it through a season without a significant injury. 

There are multiple injuries every game, so you just have to hope after 17 games, you have less major injuries than the other guys. 

Does anyone think Douglas, Benford, Oliver, Bernard, etc. will all avoid injuries for 17 games? Unfortunately, I expect that won't be the case. I hope Milano can come back, but we've heard things like that before. 

Just hope Josh, Keon, Kincaid & the OL stay mostly healthy, as they're our only shot this year. 

• Agree 1

It’s a good thing Beane has drafted a pile of linebackers the last 3 years in Benard, Williams, Spector, and Ulofoshio.  Adding Morrow and Jones in the off-season doesn’t hurt either.

Despite losing Milano, the Bills are still surprisingly deep at LB if a little inexperienced.  

Don’t forget that the Bills played without Milano for 14 weeks last season, (weeks 6-17 plus 2 playoffs games), and the LBs played well in general.

The biggest risk here is if Williams becomes the starter, he will need to be much more consistent than he was when he became the starter last year.  He also needs to better in zone coverage.  McD said he is the next man up. 

I think the biggest beneficiary of this injury, besides Williams, is Deion Jones.  Right now Spector, Morrow and Ulofoshio are also banged up.

Edited by GASabresIUFan