Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

State its a post June 1st cut. Look the guy just isnt' worth it. Mcdermott needs to cut the **** with the smallish LB's already.

Yes.  But it's still $29M total.  Can't cut him while on IR (unless he agrees) so worry about it after he clears.

7 minutes ago, Process said:

Positive spin.... He'll be back for the playoffs when it matters (if we make it). The knee has more time to heal. By not playing, it eliminates the chance of an in season injury later on that would knock him out for the season, leaving him healthy for playoffs. Williams gets valuable playing time and could potentially emerge as strong starter like TB. And it's possible he wouldn't have been the same player anyways, coming off the knee, making the injury less significant than it appears. 

Brutal injury, but it could be worse. At least it's likely we see him again this year. 

On it's own it shouldn't have a significant impact on our SB chances. But if this is the start of another string of injuries we are in trouble.

Someone's getting a shot to be his replacement, potentially as early as next season.  I know enough about football to say the player you saw a year ago, a week ago, isn't the same player you'll see over the course of an entire season.  This applies to really anyone they got though - spector, williams, jones, morrow, whatever. 

Definitely sucks because healthy milano is an all-pro level disruptor and were now going to play another 12 games without him.  

Defense has taken a step back in talent - Safety, now LB, CB (even if white hadn't had the best year last year, he was really rounding into form when he got hurt again).

Players either have to step up and keep this train moving, or expect to be replaced in the draft or free agency in a year.  

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

This makes no sense... he's projected to return this season AND his cap hit would make this absurdly unappealing.  

I personally think he does what von did and put some incentives in for next season to make some extra space.  I also don't think buffalo can afford to not bring in a 3rd linebacker.  

That sucks but it’s not like we have some scrub backup that will be filling his shoes.

8 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yes I would be. This Regime feels the need to cling to glass players.  He isn't worth it, move on. Oh and can we draft a ******* LB with Size please?

Yea, draft someone like Edmunds. 

2 hours ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

***** hell. 

Your time to shine Dorian. If Bernard can find his way, so can you. 

Also AJ if you’re reading this, don’t even bother. Thank you, but no

This 100 percent. The kid has the talent. He just needs to settle down. Lets go Babich coach the Shyt out of this kid and let him get going.

• Like (+1) 1

Dr. Google says:

"It takes about 3 to 4 months for your biceps muscle to heal. You may be able to do easier daily activities in 2 to 3 weeks, as long as you don't use your injured arm. Most people who work at a desk job can return to work in 1 to 2 weeks."

Put that boy to work: He can join the accounting staff next week, practice in September, and play in December. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

He is nowhere near ready if last Saturday is anything to go by.

he has like 3 reps in his career. Give the kid a real chance and build his confidence. I bought his jersey last year so I need an ROI dammit!

• Disagree 1

I had my bicep repaired (long head near the shoulder) about 4.5 months ago and I'm just now being able to get back in to weight training. I'm unsure what kind of biceps injury he had but if it's anything like mine, he's not playing this year.... unless he get's put on some special stuff and amazing peptides.

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

If he could get a game or two in December to round back into form and be ready for playoffs (assuming the Bills qualify for them), that would be huuuuuuge!

Friday Movie Crackhead GIFSo he'll have 2 injuries to come back from I December. I'm not going to get my hopes up. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

At least Beane had some foresight to take Bernard and Williams in consecutive drafts. Good example of how quickly team needs can change. At the time both players were seen as redundancies on the roster and the picks were questioned for it. Now they are both starting. This is why you always draft BPA.

This is why the people, who said that these were redundant picks, are not in charge of drafting for the Bills.

37 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yes I would be. This Regime feels the need to cling to glass players.  He isn't worth it, move on. Oh and can we draft a ******* LB with Size please?

He's worth when healthy but he's rarely healthy.  Your best ability is availability.  Maybe he comes back in Dec and helps with a playoff push but I'm not holding my breath. He's likely going the Tre route.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, MWK said:

Let the injury excuses start…

I had plenty of excuses before the injuries started, I looked at the roster when healthy and saw a bad season incoming.  Very little good talent on this team

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Your opinion is wrong.   He is the most unaffordable loss on the defense and it's not even close.

Maybe he is, but his loss won’t determine this years team destiny.. this in 2024 NFL.. not 1985.. your opinion is wrong in my opinion lol

• Sad 1