Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We're screwed...no one is trading for an injury prone player. We're not eating 29M in a cut so all we can do is IR him and hope he can contribute in December?  That's all we got. I'm sure Beane will be scouring MLB cuts over the next few weeks. It's the Bernard/Williams show.

These injuries are going to give Beane and McDermott a stroke.

The 2024 season is getting tougher and tougher by the week.

Positive spin.... He'll be back for the playoffs when it matters (if we make it). The knee has more time to heal. By not playing, it eliminates the chance of an in season injury later on that would knock him out for the season, leaving him healthy for playoffs. Williams gets valuable playing time and could potentially emerge as strong starter like TB. And it's possible he wouldn't have been the same player anyways, coming off the knee, making the injury less significant than it appears. 

Brutal injury, but it could be worse. At least it's likely we see him again this year. 

On it's own it shouldn't have a significant impact on our SB chances. But if this is the start of another string of injuries we are in trouble.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

Right no but I'm talking about actual reality that actually happened last year.

AJ Klein -- an off-ball linebacker, same as Milano -- played in the Chiefs playoff game and was absolutely abused by Patrick Mahomes and Travis Kelce all game long. It was arguably the biggest factor in the Bills' inability to stop the Chiefs offense in a home playoff game that could've sent them to the AFC Championship game.

This really happened. It was on TV and everything.

Were we watching the same game? Because Klein lined up where Bernard does and played MLB most of the game not where Milano/Dodson did.  

Simmonds still needs a home right?

If we can do any more cap gymnastics, sign him to a 1 year deal to keep him playing, unless he wants to retire and use the 3 S look at times to take some of coverage concerns off Dorian.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Were we watching the same game? Because Klein lined up where Bernard does and played MLB most of the game not where Milano/Dodson did.  

I made no comment about where Klein lined up.

I stated only that he was abused in the passing game and was a huge factor in the Bills' inability to stop the Chiefs offense. These things are objectively true.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

Sad but true, can’t extend pretty much any player at his age coming off two consecutive season ending injuries, he’s been very effective when healthy ,  this is a case of next man up, 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

It'll cost almost $30M to release him, so why should they do that?

its 17 million and because guys like him never make it back. Too small, body can't handle it

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

Why is anyone talking about releasing him?

It sounds like he can come back in December.  Sure, he'll be rusty - but that will be a massive addition heading into the home stretch & hopefully the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Success said:

Why is anyone talking about releasing him?

It sounds like he can come back in December.  Sure, he'll be rusty - but that will be a massive addition heading into the home stretch & hopefully the playoffs.

So he missed most of last year, can't make it through camp this year AND will miss almost all of the season. Yeah lets just bring THAT guy back in December, surely it will be a Christmas Miracle and he will all of a sudden be worth a damn.  IR him then cut him this offseason, its past time to move on

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, yall said:

How exact does Milano's size contribute to tearing a bicep on a tackling dummy?

How did anything I say state that it directly did?  I said coming into the season having two undersized LBs was an injury concern.  One was hurt in his only season starting, the other (Milano) has had on and off injuries again.  

And doesn’t take a steep jump in logic to understand undersized players playing a violent game at a violent position have a higher injury risk.  

So really not sure what your objection to my concern is here or how you can even dismiss that it could have been a factor after years of punishment that his smaller frame is having a harder time holding up with the physicality of the game.