Matt Milano had surgery for "significant bicep injury", out indefinitely

Logic

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

This is why they should have gone all in on the offense. Now we’re a work in progress on both sides. Terrible mismanagement this year putting literally the entire season on Josh instead of giving him help. I’m a huge Beane fan but he’s doing a terrible job imo. 

It is becoming a trend. poor decisions on the offensive side of the ball in many phases from players to coaching. While they focus on D and we are now seeing those decisions back fire - pay Milano and not Edmunds, Miller, Hyde/Poyer situation, White, Elam, Basham, AJE...

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

So we are paying:

$31M to Diggs to not be on the team 

$6M to White to not be on team

$20M to Bates, Poyer, Hyde, Floyd, Harty, Morse to not be on team

$15M to Miller to not exist

$12M to Milano to be out until Dec

Over $80M to players that potentially have zero impact on the season. 

Tre White saved us $10 million.

Floyd signed a 1 year contract.  We don't have any dead money.

Mitch Morse saved $8.5 million.

Poyer saved $5.7 million

Harty saved $4.3 million

Hyde is a FA

Bates saved $1.4 million.

Diggs is the only dead money from players released/traded.  

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Bills were NOT just fine without Milano last year come playoff time. 

A LB very literally DID determine this team's destiny last year.

That’s just not a thing.. he’s not Lawerence Taylor lol, I respect that your opinion differs from mine though.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

I cannot believe I'm agreeing with Ethan!!

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I wont blast you for it. Lets do some math folks

These are the games Milano played each year of his career. 

Year-Missed

18-3

19-1

20-6

22-1

23-12

24- At Least 12

35 games missed. Thats a combined 2 full seasons missed.. or more.... depending on outcome of surgery. 4 out of the last 5 years, his health has been unreliable. WHY oh WHY should we trust his health next year. Enough is enough. Next man up.  We either find out the rest of this preseason, if we need to trade or go with something else. 

2 years ago KC went with mostly just 1  LB on the field cause of injuries. Elam has been fantastic at the line and using him to cover HB's and TE's is not a horrible idea. 

San Fran had to do something like this 3 years ago and that defense held their own quite well. Their issues on that year was offense. We have seen Elam do a great job cutting in and getting that RB close to the HB quick.  Speed Kills and Elam has it. or.. Next LB up or.. we trade. 

Milano's career in buffalo should be done. enough is enough. 

Can't argue!

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

At least there's a chance of a return.

Dorian Williams is going to have to step up big time. He looked lost against the Bears. I guess if that experiment fails, Spector can be a steady but low ceiling option.

Even if Milano does return, it will be without having played any football in over a year and he will have to catch up to speed as the season is ending!
That's a lot to expect from a player.

I'm fine with Williams continuing to get a chance. Although I expect Beane to be scouring the waiver wire when cuts are announced.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If the Bills went into this year planning on Milano being a huge component of the Defense, they’re idiots, tbh. 

Undersized LB coming off a major injury at 30 years old.  

From a purely football standpoint, this was a very likely issue to pop up with him at any point this season .. even if he returned to prior form, which wasn’t a given either. 

Well if this is the case and I agree with you, Matt will follow Tre with the same likely outcome. I just wish our conditioning staff wasn't garbage. 

8 minutes ago, julian said:

That’s just not a thing.. he’s not Lawerence Taylor lol, I respect that your opinion differs from mine though.

Your opinion is wrong.   He is the most unaffordable loss on the defense and it's not even close.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I will probably get blasted, but it's time to give Milano an injury settlement and cut ties with him. This sucks but they already drafted his replacement.  

Teams don't "give out" injury settlements.  They are agreed on.  Matt is on IR for the year, unless he comes back earlier.

If you want to get rid of him, you cut or trade him like any other player.

Currently Matt has $29M in dead money.  It's going to cost a lot one way or the other.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/player/_/id/21905/matt-milano

1 hour ago, stevestojan said:

So we’re going to end up replacing Matt ***** Milano with camp fodder from some other team. CHAMPIONSHIP. 

Not just some other teams fodder..  The Panthers fodder. Nothing but the best!

• Haha (+1) 1