• Bills win division easliy  - not too bold
  • Josh Allen is NFL MVP - not too bold
  • Josh Allen actually is given the NFL MVP award - bold
  • Bills Disappoint in the Playoffs. TBD blames Allen - not bold at all

Rest of the NFL:

• Dallas benches Dak Prescott mid season - a bit bold
  • Rams win NFC Championship - bold
  • Aaron Rodgers loses to father time - not too bold
  • New motion rule stalls Dolphins defense. They struggle to reach .500.  - a bit bold

giphy.gif

30 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

You think TBD blames Allen????? Are you for real? 

Last year the problem was he ran too much.  Recently I have learned he does not throw enought 3 yard TD passes. 

To clarify. The ONLY reason the Bills are relevant in the NFL is Josh Allen.  He is asked to do more than any player in the league, probably in league history.  In full context, he literally should not be criticized ever.  Last season there were hundreds of posts throughout the season about the Jets week 1 game.  And in that game he helped the team to get to a tie in overtime and Special Teams lost the game.   People seem to think that any game that Allen does not win single handedly means he failed. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Last year the problem was he ran too much.  Recently I have learned he does not throw enought 3 yard TD passes. 

To clarify. The ONLY reason the Bills are relevant in the NFL is Josh Allen.  He is asked to do more than any player in the league, probably in league history.  In full context, he literally should not be criticized ever.  Last season there were hundreds of posts throughout the season about the Jets week 1 game.  And in that game he helped the team to get to a tie in overtime and Special Teams lost the game.   People seem to think that any game that Allen does not win single handedly means he failed. 

To claim this board blames Josh is to intentionally spread a mistruth. I'm sorry, it just is. 

And the bolded shows you will never take part in any conversation openly. Every player, every coach, every owner, every person can be questioned, criticised, debated and analysed. That is sports. To say one person, whoevet they are, is above that is utterly nonsensical.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Agree 1

Probably not very bold but I think the defense will be good enough because of McD.  I am afraid no one is going to be able to get open and Josh will be running around for his life.  I can see our entire WR core creating zero inches of separation for consistent periods throughout the year. Man bracket and death to the Bills offense. 

Edited by RoscoeParrish
  • Disagree 1

21 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Your view is being clouded from what it seems as ultra sensitivity towards any criticism of Allen....this is completely misinformed.  

Just because you're the best player doesn't mean you can't be criticized.  He is praised significantly more than he is criticized.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Literally nobody has criticized Josh for running too much.  The criticisms have been directed at the OCs for putting him in a position where he had to run so much.

• Agree 1

League

- Chiefs over 49ers in the Super Bowl again ... Murmurs of GOAT for Mahomes.

- A 70 yard FG will be made

- Besides England, Germany and Brazil The NFL announces games in Dubai, Mexico and Canada for 2025.

- Ken Dorsey does so good in Cleveland he becomes a HC in 2026

Bills

- Kincaid leads the team in Receptions, Yards and TDs

- Buffalo West (Detroit) will host another Bills game due to snow.

- AJ Epenesa will score 2 TDs

- Von Miller will be on IR by Halloween

• Haha (+1) 1

Gunner said "Bold" so here I go:

• Josh passes for more than 4,500 yards and earns MVP honors.
  • Bills finally beat the Chiefs in the playoffs.
  • Samuel surpasses 1,000 yards.
  • Coleman starts the season slow but establishes himself as a legit starter in the 2nd half of the season.
  • Like (+1) 1

I am so certain that Allen will be the MVP (and have backed it financially) that I am scared of how rich I’m going to be.  He will win it with worse stats because he will need to carry this team because it is very meh besides him. 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I am so certain that Allen will be the MVP (and have backed it financially) that I am scared of how rich I’m going to be.  He will win it with worse stats because he will need to carry this team because it is very meh besides him. 

The NFL won't consider Allen for MVP unless the Bills are the 1 seed, which isn't happening sad to say 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The NFL won't consider Allen for MVP unless the Bills are the 1 seed, which isn't happening sad to say 

Disagree. For most of the past 5 years, we were top 3 in SB odds with a roster that was considered one of the best in the nfl. Diggs was considered a borderline top 5 wr. We had a top 5 defense. Now, we have lost a lot of big names and we are tied with the JEts for division odds. If the Bills have a successful season, Allen will get so much love nationally, it will be crazy. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Disagree. For most of the past 5 years, we were top 3 in SB odds with a roster that was considered one of the best in the nfl. Diggs was considered a borderline top 5 wr. We had a top 5 defense. Now, we have lost a lot of big names and we are tied with the JEts for division odds. If the Bills have a successful season, Allen will get so much love nationally, it will be crazy. 

He's led the league in total TD's over the last 4 seasons combined and is still considered overrated by many nationally

I'll believe that when I see it 

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He's led the league in total TD's over the last 4 seasons combined and is still considered overrated by many nationally

I'll believe that when I see it 

Turnovers are part of the reason. Also, a few primetime games were kinda duds (Broncos, Chargers, Jets).  

listen I believe in value buys. Allen will never get better MVP odds and never have a better shot at this award. Lamar and Mahomes have gotten theirs. They love story lines. If Allen gets this team to the playoffs, even with worse stats, he will get more credit than ever. 

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Turnovers are part of the reason. Also, a few primetime games were kinda duds (Broncos, Chargers, Jets).  

listen I believe in value buys. Allen will never get better MVP odds and never have a better shot at this award. Lamar and Mahomes have gotten theirs. They love story lines. If Allen gets this team to the playoffs, even with worse stats, he will get more credit than ever. 

There is a lot of truth to this.  I think voters get bored of voting for previous winners and would like to find a reason to give it to someone else.  Josh is one of the best QBs without an MVP (others include Brees, Roethlisberger, Aikman, and Staubach).  If it’s close, I wouldn’t be surprised if Josh gets it.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He's turnover counts were blown out of proportion.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think the narrative this year is going to be "He's throwing to a bunch of nobodies", and that'll help his MVP case when he puts up the same numbers he's been doing. Turnovers should also improve without the 4 INTs when Gabe runs the wrong route.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/15/2024 at 10:07 AM, GunnerBill said:

This is fun.  Mine are below: 

That time of year folks, let's hear 'em!

I always do 8 in total 4 league wide and 4 Bills specific and last year I landed 3 and was pretty close on 3 others. One of my better years. So here goes for 2024:

Four non-Bills:

- Detroit Lions to make the SB.  

- The Philadelphia Eagles to miss the playoffs and Nick Sirianni to be fired before the end of the season (I like this one);

- Justin Fields to be the Steelers' starter by Halloween and to play well enough to earn an extension after the season (also, agree). 

--I'll add that N. Harris of PGH leads the AFC in rushing;

- Marvin Harrison Junior to break Puka Nacua's rookie receiving record (agreed).

Four Bills specific:

- Curtis Samuel makes the pro bowl.  

- Kincaid becomes a top 3 TE

- D. Williams plays above-average all year.  

- Van Pran is the starting center week 1.  

League: 

Deshawn Watson is benched in Cleveland by week 8.

Brock Purdy gets a bigger contract than Tua.

Zach Wilson gets starting snaps in Denver. 

Bills:

Micah Hyde has an interception for us this year.

James Cook puts up another 1000 yard rushing season.

Knox is traded at the deadline.