Lets win the Super Bowl thought Exercise

Chaos

If the Bills and Chiefs make a single swap what would be the impact on Super Bowl Betting Odds?  

96 members have voted

1. 1. If the Bills and Chiefs were to swap Head coaches today, what would be the impact on Super Bowl Betting Odds?

• Odds Remain the Same
    • Bills close the gap with the Chiefs
    • Bills gap to the Chiefs increases
    • Bills become bigger favorites than the Chiefs
  2. 2. If the Bills and Chiefs were to swap QBs today, what would be the impact on Super Bowl Betting Odds?

• Odds Remain the Same
  3. 3. If the Bills and Chiefs were to swap Rosters other than QB, what would be the impact on Super Bowl Betting Odds?

• Odds Remain the Same

On 8/18/2024 at 2:29 PM, GunnerBill said:

If you just swapped coaches in 2021 or 2022 or maybe even last year, sure. For the Bills to knock Mahomes and the Chiefs this year even under Andy Reid? Nah. Not for me. Indeed in all Andy Reid's coaching career I can only find two examples where you can argue he won a playoff game against a team with a better Quarterback than his (not just played better on the day but overall regarded to be better). 2003 Divisional round McNabb over Farve and 2008 Divisional round McNabb over Eli. Now I get it the Mahomes to Allen gap isn't huge so maybe he can overcome and I get it that McDermott is 0fer in terms of beating teams with top level Quarterbacks in the playoffs let alone teams with better than Josh (there is only one and he is 0-3). But I dunno... this year the gap isn't just Andy to Sean. Their roster is objectively a step up on ours. 

Got one, Brady over McNabb…. haha

One more, Eagles McNabb over Eli as the better QB. But in a playoff game, I’d take Eli no matter what. So don’t think your argument holds on that one? 

So this is really what worries me. Allen in five years will be a worse QB than he is now. If he wasn’t a bruiser, who rushed for 15 freaking touchdowns in a season, I’d safely give him more time. But NOTHING has been said or done to prove against a shorter shelf life for Allen. 

Mahomes is going to be around longer. And Reid won’t leave until the last possible season. He knows he has it made with Mahomes, and he’s proven that deaths, prison, and family crime won’t slow down his career. One iota.

The concern: if Allen isn’t has close to Mahomes—right now—as we need him to be, WE ARE SCREWED.  

I need to believe that Allen is good enough to win with the Bills rosters and an elite HC. If that’s not possible, we are never beating KC. 

On 8/15/2024 at 9:17 AM, Gregg said:

I selected Bills close gap on all three questions.

Reid is better than McDermott.

Mahomes always seems to come through in the clutch. He is obviously a big reason they have been to 4 Super Bowls in the last 5 years and won 3 of them.

The Chiefs roster has proven they can win championships. The Bills haven't done that yet.

That’s a fair assessment