Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2024-2025

Draconator

0-3 to start the season…

and they play the Florida panthers next (who are probably pissed after losing to ottawa tonight). 0-4 feels pretty likely.

I did actually think they looked pretty good tonight. I thought they looked like the better team. But when you score 0 even strength or power play goals (on 5 PP chances) it’s kind of hard to say they deserved to win. And I’m way past giving them any moral victories.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

0-3 to start the season…

and they play the Florida panthers next (who are probably pissed after losing to ottawa tonight). 0-4 feels pretty likely.

I did actually think they looked pretty good tonight. I thought they looked like the better team. But when you score 0 even strength or power play goals (on 5 PP chances) it’s kind of hard to say they deserved to win. And I’m way past giving them any moral victories.

So, a solid 3-1 defeat then.

Tonight was the start of this teams identity.  Loved the way they played, hated the outcome, but they didn't deserve that. Wish Rob Ray would give these guys a few lessons on fighting.  The loss sucks but if they keep playing like that I'll keep my hope. Entertaining at least

8 hours ago, QCity said:

They outshout, outhustled, and outhit them and still lose. Stupid mistakes and they can't finish. With the Stanley Cup champs in town they are staring down an 0-4 start.

Tomorrow will be the game they bring their A plus game getting the fanbase back into only to let them down again 

I think that’s what happened last year? 

Edited by Another Fan

2 hours ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

Sabres win - start the parade!

It's funny, the other day we wondered if it was possible to have a good 4-1 loss.  I watched the 3rd and am wondering if it is possible to have a dogass 5-2 win?

Also, Spencer Knight is somehow terrible. Like really terrible.

I like the passion.

On 10/12/2024 at 11:52 PM, That's No Moon said:

It's funny, the other day we wondered if it was possible to have a good 4-1 loss.  I watched the 3rd and am wondering if it is possible to have a dogass 5-2 win?

Also, Spencer Knight is somehow terrible. Like really terrible.

I thought they played a pretty good overall game. They just transitioned to defending their lead in the 3rd. Lindy’s trying to get them to play a more mature game with less risk, especially when they’re up by a few goals.

Another game where they played well enough to win and should have got 2 points.  The Power Play is the -1 on the year and has yet to score.  That is issue #1.  A distant second is line #2 which has yet to score a goal, has one cumulative point and has been on the ice for a lot of goals.  And #3 failure to convert on breakaways, odd man rushes, and other high % chances.  I like that they are actually manufacturing some goals with sustained pressure and earning some ugly ones but for the love of christ it is ok to bury the gimmes too.  

Gotta win the next two.

• Like (+1) 2