Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2024-2025

Draconator

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

Couldn't watch the game today because of work....

Did it look as bad as it sounds and the score was?

Pretty much.

New Jersey was up 3-0 early in the 2nd.  They played a conservative collapsing shell after that and made some of the Sabres numbers look better.  They were never really competitive 

Was very similar to so many games last year

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Is there such thing as a solid 4-1 loss?

Of course they looked like crap.

29 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Pretty much.

New Jersey was up 3-0 early in the 2nd.  They played a conservative collapsing shell after that and made some of the Sabres numbers look better.  They were never really competitive 

Was very similar to so many games last year

It's just so frustrating and sadly I was starting to really drink the Lindy Ruff kool aid the closer we were getting to the season starting and thinking this team was going to look different.  It's only one game but not the opening statement you want to make with all of the talk in the offseason about how things were going to be different. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

It's just so frustrating and sadly I was starting to really drink the Lindy Ruff kool aid the closer we were getting to the season starting and thinking this team was going to look different.  It's only one game but not the opening statement you want to make with all of the talk in the offseason about how things were going to be different. 

Reaching back for Ruff was such a predictable move. Russ Brandon would have been proud.

I have two questions that need answering before I attempt to give half of a damn about this years team.

1. Does Ruff still have the fire and drive to do what needs to be done with this group of gold bricking play doh molds?

2. Does Ruff have the juice with Terry to win a disagreement with Adams? If #1 is a yes, he will want to make moves fairly soon and it will be Adams' guys that he will want to banish to the press box and/or move out. Who will win that struggle?

11 hours ago, Gregg said:

It's weird that the Sabres and Devils are starting the regular season today with a lot of preseason games tonight. What kind of league has regular season and preseason games being played on the same day.

MLB, when they open in Japan or Korea early still has exhibitions going on

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

So much for Ruffs revenge on his former team.

I know it’s still real early but I woulda thought the Sabres would have started stronger.  

I can understand why Sabres fans would think fondly of Ruff but my 1st instinct with that hire is the team could do

better.  

What if it's not so much about coaching, systems, accountability and maximizing the potential of the roster talent?

What if it's just that the roster talent is what it is and simply isn't good enough to win consistently against other NHL teams?

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

So much for Ruffs revenge on his former team.

I know it’s still real early but I woulda thought the Sabres would have started stronger.  

I can understand why Sabres fans would think fondly of Ruff but my 1st instinct with that hire is the team could do

better.  

Who though? What coach that is worth a damn would want to come to Buffalo?

I’m willing to bet Ruff is as good as they could have got.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1