Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2024-2025

Draconator

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Probably their best game of the year so far. If they keep playing like that, they’re going to be alright.

I was unable to watch since Houston is somehow in the Dallas market but based on the radio feed it sounded like a strong performance.  They have won the two toughest games on the schedule to date and done so in convincing fashion.  This season looks very different if they manage to hold on to close out LA and/or Picksburgh.  

The most impressive part is they are in these games based purely on 5 on 5 play.  A mediocre power play would be such an upgrade that they might be undefeated since coming back to the states.  The PP is a major issue but I would rather be trying to figure out how to get the special teams clicking than trying to get something going 5 on 5.  

I don't know if our top line production is sustainable.  This stands out as a risk factor.  I hope our 2nd line lack of production is not sustainable.  This remains a major risk factor.   Every bottom 6 acquisition is looking pretty solid right now particularly McLeod and Zucker.  These guys are totally outperforming Cozens, Benson, and Quinn.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't know if our top line production is sustainable.  This stands out as a risk factor.  I hope our 2nd line lack of production is not sustainable.  This remains a major risk factor.   Every bottom 6 acquisition is looking pretty solid right now particularly McLeod and Zucker.  These guys are totally outperforming Cozens, Benson, and Quinn.

While watching last night, I was thinking where the heck is Cozens? I've barely heard his name in all the games I've watched so far. Zero goals 8 games in is not a good stat to start the season. 

10 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

While watching last night, I was thinking where the heck is Cozens? I've barely heard his name in all the games I've watched so far. Zero goals 8 games in is not a good stat to start the season. 

Cozens, Quinn, and Benson have combined for 3 points and are a collective -10.  

• Shocked 1