Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2024-2025

Draconator

22 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Another game where they played well enough to win and should have got 2 points.  The Power Play is the -1 on the year and has yet to score.  That is issue #1.  A distant second is line #2 which has yet to score a goal, has one cumulative point and has been on the ice for a lot of goals.  And #3 failure to convert on breakaways, odd man rushes, and other high % chances.  I like that they are actually manufacturing some goals with sustained pressure and earning some ugly ones but for the love of christ it is ok to bury the gimmes too.  

Gotta win the next two.

Yeah aside from the power play they are actually watchable. UPL looked pretty bad last night.

Edit: I take that back, this is not watchable.

Edited by QCity

They all suck. I was there to see it in person unfortunately. They’ve sucked the life out of my fandom over the last decade. 

5 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I'm not watching them again until they win 3 games in a row at any point. Then they get a 1 game trial.

In that case, you won’t have to worry about watching anymore…😂

Can we end all this nonsense with Kevyn Adams as GM, all the other grifters in the front office, keeping the failed assistant coaches because they are nice guys, and lindy ruff?  Most importantly can Terry Pegula please punt himself out of the picture with his note-taking, question-asking, and idea-presenting?

Bring someone in and restore credibility to this once-proud franchise.

• Like (+1) 1

Levi was bad last night.  Every time Buffalo got back in the game he let in another goal immediately.  Neither of the first two goals was scored from a particularly great angle.  Nice shot placement but an NHL goalie keeps at least one of those out of the net.  Make a f@#$ing save.

Kulich earned a longer look.  He was impactful.

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Can we end all this nonsense with Kevyn Adams as GM, all the other grifters in the front office, keeping the failed assistant coaches because they are nice guys, and lindy ruff?  Most importantly can Terry Pegula please punt himself out of the picture with his note-taking, question-asking, and idea-presenting?

Bring someone in and restore credibility to this once-proud franchise.

I don’t really blame Lindy for this mess. He’s only been here 5 games and he was saddled with the same failed core (Adams brought back the same top 8/9 (minus skinner) and only made changes to the 4th line) and was also forced to keep all of Granato’s assistant coaches + Adams good buddy Seth (who’s currently running the worst PP in the NHL). He wasn’t even allowed to hire a single asst. himself.

But I definitely blame Adams and Pegula.

Adams made a huge bet on his same failed core (again). He bet on “internal growth” (again), and an unproven goalie tandem (again). On no veteran players on defense (again). On the same failed top 6 (again).

and between keeping the same coaching staff, buying out skinner to create a bunch of cap space they didn’t use + being the only team to enter the season with $8+M in cap space for the 5th year in a row…

it’s clear the Sabres have an internal budget that’s handicapping their ability to compete.

Pegula is also allergic to hiring a GM with experience. He’s owned the team for what, 13-14 years now? and hasn’t hired an experienced GM once in all those years despite the constant losing.

You guys can't have expected this to happen instantly.

Everything is too new for this to be operating smoothly right off the bat.

Give it a month or so and if they're still struggling this much, then yeah, start thinking about dusting off the pitchforks.

But for now, temper your expectations until they've had some time to work together in a new system.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

Give it a month or so and if they're still struggling this much, then yeah, start thinking about dusting off the pitchforks.

But for now, temper your expectations until they've had some time to work together in a new system.

Had they closed out either game vs LA or Picksburgh the mood would be very different right now I suspect.  

5 hours ago, Simon said:

Yeah, I keep telling myself this. I really thought I’d have some patience for the early season growing pains. But it’s hard once the losses start piling up so quickly. My patience with this team is just worn so thin.

There have been some positive signs. Their even strength statistics are good. Hopefully they’ll start winning some games.

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t really blame Lindy for this mess. He’s only been here 5 games and he was saddled with the same failed core (Adams brought back the same top 8/9 (minus skinner) and only made changes to the 4th line) and was also forced to keep all of Granato’s assistant coaches + Adams good buddy Seth (who’s currently running the worst PP in the NHL). He wasn’t even allowed to hire a single asst. himself.

But I definitely blame Adams and Pegula.

Adams made a huge bet on his same failed core (again). He bet on “internal growth” (again), and an unproven goalie tandem (again). On no veteran players on defense (again). On the same failed top 6 (again).

and between keeping the same coaching staff, buying out skinner to create a bunch of cap space they didn’t use + being the only team to enter the season with $8+M in cap space for the 5th year in a row…

it’s clear the Sabres have an internal budget that’s handicapping their ability to compete.

Pegula is also allergic to hiring a GM with experience. He’s owned the team for what, 13-14 years now? and hasn’t hired an experienced GM once in all those years despite the constant losing.

Lindy looked heart broken during the post game press conference last night.  I seriously wonder if he feels in over his head and wondering to himself what did he get himself into by coming back here.  This roster just isn't talented enough to be a serious NHL contender.  

15 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm starting to think, it's not the system, it's the players in the system. Not exactly sure they can turn this around. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Lindy looked heart broken during the post game press conference last night.  I seriously wonder if he feels in over his head and wondering to himself what did he get himself into by coming back here.  This roster just isn't talented enough to be a serious NHL contender.  

I doubt he feels in over his head. He has the 4th most games coached in NHL history. He’s the second most experienced active coach (Paul Maurice is first, and sits 2nd on the all-time list) and currently sits 5th or 6th on the all time wins list.

But I do think he’s probably realizing that there’s a lot more work to be done here than what Kevyn led him to believe.

Too bad he wasn’t allowed to bring in any of his own assistant coaches to help him out…

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

I doubt he feels in over his head. He has the 4th most games coached in NHL history. He’s the second most experienced active coach (Paul Maurice is first, and sits 2nd on the all-time list) and currently sits 5th or 6th on the all time wins list.

But I do think he’s probably realizing that there’s a lot more work to be done here than what Kevyn led him to believe.

Too bad he wasn’t allowed to bring in any of his own assistant coaches to help him out…

I didn't mean it as a knock on Lindy but yes your point about him realizing the team is probably further away than he might have thought going into this

is where I was coming from.  I just detected a different demeanor from the Lindy I remember in the first go around.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

This x 1000. If you are hiring him for his expertise, let him bring in who he wants. Drives me crazy.

Edited by QCity
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1