Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2024-2025

Draconator

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

Can Lindy get the Sabres over the hump and break the 2nd greatest playoff drought in Buffalo history?

Last week, he told me that was the plan! (True story!) We were on vacation and i was getting a drink at an outdoor bar. Looked over and saw someone standing nearby that looked very familiar. Wasn’t 100% sure and didn’t want to bother him so I didn’t say anything at the bar. A few minutes later he walked by where we were sitting and I could see it was definitely him so I gave him a “hey coach” as he was walking by. He stopped and we ended up chatting for a couple minutes. Told him as a lifelong Sabres fan was happy to have him back to hopefully turn things around! He said that was the plan and that he had to get back to work soon! Nice guy and totally not what I was expecting to see at 6pm on a random Wednesday in northwest Montana!

Edited by billsfanmiamioh
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2024 at 6:12 AM, May Day 10 said:

84 points

If that’s all they can muster it’s time to show Dahlin, Power, Thompson, Cozens and others the door.

Edited by Beast

8 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

They don't play goalie which is the key to the season IMO

I don’t disagree about the goaltending but it has to end this season. I expect in the 97 point range.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don’t disagree about the goaltending but it has to end this season. I expect in the 97 point range.

I'm very optimistic about this season. 97-100 point range should not be a stretch. I think last year the defense started playing a little more disciplined and the goaltending got better. I think Ruff can definitely improve on that.  Now, if the offense can get back to where they were 2 years ago, we'll have something. Why they went sideways last year is confounding. Oh, and don't throw away a bunch of points between October through December and into January. Those points are as equally important as the ones in March-April.

I think I'm more looking forward to the Sabres season than the Bills this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

I'm very optimistic about this season. 97-100 point range should not be a stretch. I think last year the defense started playing a little more disciplined and the goaltending got better. I think Ruff can definitely improve on that.  Now, if the offense can get back to where they were 2 years ago, we'll have something. Why they went sideways last year is confounding. Oh, and don't throw away a bunch of points between October through December and into January. Those points are as equally important as the ones in March-April.

That's how I felt last year and the Sabres made me eat crow :lol:...from here on out I'll need to see it before I believe it

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

My opinion is the Sabres had talent and a very loose system. They will be a hell of a lot more structured under Lindy.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...