How about Corey Davis?

HappyDays

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

What about Corey Feldman the rock and roll star?

Corey Feldman = Poise

Corey Haim = Charisma

The Two Coreys = Chroise

3 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

When the dust settles,  McB will look back a realize how stupid it was to not draft at least one more wr last april.

Troy Franklin was right there sooo many times. (Pounding table in frustration)

5 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

Count me in on the Troy Franklin in Rd 3 express train at the time. Seemed like unbelievable value at the top of Rd 4. 

The post hoc reality is that NFL teams didn't project him as favorably as the internet (and so many of us) did. We've since seen reports that he's not exactly flashing at Broncos camp, haven't we? Even with Nix coming with him from college. Obviously a development curve or even deficits we weren't privy to. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, iccrewman112 said:

Reports out of Broncos training camp is he's been awful.  To the point he actually is on the roster bubble.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Maybe he just didn’t want to play for the Jets 

His overall stat history is more impressive than the trio (Samuel, Claypool, MVS). they brought in before except that his catch percentage is terrible.  Yes, he had the likes of Zach Wilson throwing to him with the Jets but he did have Tannehill in Tennessee.

We, of course, don’t know the circumstances behind the stats.  If he was running a lot of deep patterns, that would likely explain some of it.  Hopefully it’s not because he has the hands of Gabe Davis or MVS. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

His overall stat history is more impressive than the trio (Samuel, Claypool, MVS). they brought in before except that his catch percentage is terrible.  Yes, he had the likes of Zach Wilson throwing to him with the Jets but he did have Tannehill in Tennessee.

We, of course, don’t know the circumstances behind the stats.  If he was running a lot of deep patterns, that would likely explain some of it.  Hopefully it’s not because he has the hands of Gabe Davis or MVS. 

That is definitely part of it. He is an outside, downfield, receiver. But he has had issues with drops as well. Particularly early in this NFL career in Tennessee. 

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Count me in on the Troy Franklin in Rd 3 express train at the time. Seemed like unbelievable value at the top of Rd 4. 

The post hoc reality is that NFL teams didn't project him as favorably as the internet (and so many of us) did. We've since seen reports that he's not exactly flashing at Broncos camp, haven't we? Even with Nix coming with him from college. Obviously a development curve or even deficits we weren't privy to. 

Same here. I honestly thought he was in the mix when Coleman went at 2.01.  I was actually furious on Day 3 of the draft, knowing that the team had multiple 5th rounders to use as trade-up bounty, that the Bills allowed him to drop all the way to the 4th round.

But... I will say that Beane and his staff did their due diligence on Franklin, meeting with him on multiple occasions. My thought at the time was that they were very interested in him. In hindsight I suspect that the various meetings reinforced the poor showing he had at the combine, and they took him off their board.

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

What would you prefer? A Big Trade ISN'T happening. So the list of perimeter WR's of note available at this point are Corey Davis, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Michael Thomas, Randall Cobb, Marquise Goodwin, or Martavis Bryant. Given the age and injury history with some on the list, you could argue Davis *is* the best FA option.

If he signs and it doesn't work, they don't make the roster and we stick with what we have. I don't understand outrage over the possibility of adding options. If you're upset that we didn't do more before this, that's fair, but that ship has sailed. It shouldn't mean we don't try what we can do now.

Actually, the Redskins signed Martavius Bryant a couple days ago I believe.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Diggs nor Davis were not good end of last year.  Shakir was our best WR for sure and is back.  Samuel is a Swiss Army knife guy who fits Brady’s offense.  They got the guy Josh wanted in Coleman, big guy that can fight for the ball.  Those are your top three along with Kincaid who will be a major focus.  And they have Cook, Davis, Knox.

When people say they didn’t do enough, they did not have huge cap dollars to go after a big time FA.  And arguing that taking another pick in like round 4 on a Franklin is as much a shot in the dark as signing a guy like MVS.

The offense succeeds based on Brady’s schemes to get guys open.  And Josh taking what is there.

Edited by oldmanfan
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

This is telling imo.  

Our wr corp isn’t good.  We didn’t bring in any talent other than Samuel.  We didn’t get a #1.  

I personally believe it’ll be a stretch making playoffs this year.  

Great, now you tell me

24 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

Beane loves his Corey's...he once took a swing on Corey Coleman and blew 3M in cap room.  

OBD has really dropped the ball, in all seriousness, at WR this off-season.  Comes off as amateur hour.  

Shakir was our #1 down the stretch and played well. Kincaid had a good rookie season. If both players can continue to improve and there is no reason to think they won't then our passing attack will be very good with Allen. Next offseason I expect Beane to be aggressive in FA with him having more money to spend unlike this year.