How about Corey Davis?

HappyDays

46 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

It’s hard to see these moves and not think they aren’t pleased with the WR group.  Very disappointing. Ok cool let’s say we got the top 4. So then if you can’t find a decent 5 or 6 then you look like an idiot for not taking another shot at a WR in the draft. 

This is a very fair point 

1 hour ago, Kornfed said:

Mahomes did a good job of making average WRs look damn good

He really didn't though. MVS was a bust of a signing and was roundly hated by Chiefs fans for his laughably bad hands. Toney was a net negative on the team whenever he was on the field. Sky Moore has been a bust. It's a total myth that QBs transform WRs into someone they're not. Elite QBs can elevate the production of a WR but they can't make them better than they are.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

This is a very fair point 

53 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

It’s hard to see these moves and not think they aren’t pleased with the WR group.  Very disappointing. Ok cool let’s say we got the top 4. So then if you can’t find a decent 5 or 6 then you look like an idiot for not taking another shot at a WR in the draft. 

100% I know some liked the bishop and Carter picks but I’ll say it again, this was an insanely loaded WR class and you come out of it with one, they already look like idiots in my eyes, and I love Beane. 

Taking AD Mitchell over Bishop or Troy Franklin over Carter would’ve been been great this year and long term. Not hard to find a decent safety or rotational DT depth but it is hard to find young cheap play making WRs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

When the dust settles,  McB will look back a realize how stupid it was to not draft at least one more wr last april.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

This is telling imo.  

Our wr corp isn’t good.  We didn’t bring in any talent other than Samuel.  We didn’t get a #1.  

I personally believe it’ll be a stretch making playoffs this year.  

I think we have a good regular season group. 

I think we will have challenges in January when the coverage gets tighter, and late in games in January when the corners get away with more contact.

think fitz. Totally fine qb in the second quarter. Not the guy in the final two minutes. 

4 hours ago, NeverOutNick said:

Heck ya give him a shot. Always liked him in college

Why not?

Not like this is the first former Jet that has looked to make the switch to the Bills.

I can empathize with an offensive skills player saying goodbye to that organization.

Kick the tires.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

This is telling imo.  

Our wr corp isn’t good.  We didn’t bring in any talent other than Samuel.  We didn’t get a #1.  

I personally believe it’ll be a stretch making playoffs this year.  

So many people have replied with emoji's that make you feel ridiculous. I’m here to tell you I agree. It’s not going to be a good year imo. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

It hurts because this year's upcoming disaster was preventable.  It's annoying and I'm frustrated. 

I’d add… yes, I would rather them not try anything. Just take your medicine and go 7-10 this year and get a higher pick and hopefully get some talent on the team for another season. Hell, if Allen fits his nails wrong this season and has a messed up cuticle, I’m putting him in bubble wrap and keeping him healthy for next year. 

3 hours ago, Kornfed said:

KC fans were likely saying this kind 0 stuff when they lost Tyreek but Mahomes did a good job of making average WRs look damn good. (tho I sure as hell don't like KC) .... Josh will do the same thing with our WRs. .... Ya also need to remember that the Bills have had to restructure $$ wise. This certainly plays into it. 

Um.....which one's?

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think we should look at Micheal Thomas. That guy was a top 5 WR in the nfl. You get him on a price it 1 year and it’s win win. If he’s done, cut him. No harm done

I've seen the Bills mentioned as a top 3 landing spot for Thomas in a couple of articles over the last month or two. 

He should be well rested, he's had a lot of time off the last few years. Just turned 31, maybe he has another good season left in him? Brady and Curry were coaches of his in NO.

Definitely worth looking into I think..

Geezus...all the misguided panic in this thread.  No this isn't "where we are"...we had a guy at the END of the bench at best that just got sent to IR...a guy who was already trending to not make the roster.  So they are looking for another camp body guy to come in who maybe can compete for the end of the bench or just get cut in a few weeks.  

You people act like the Claypool injury changed anything.  He was already a long shot to make the roster after all the missed time as it was.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 2