How about Corey Davis?

HappyDays

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

That is the worst bar game ever. 

I survived….

Try it with Lawn Darts next time and see how you fair .

I dont think the other team kept their blindfolds on the whole time like I did.

I heard laughing 

• Haha (+1) 2

Not sure why all the hand wringing.. the Bills 1-4 are set.  And as a group, it could very well be better 1-4 than last year. 

Clearly they’re not in love with any of the other guys, plus injuries = bottom of the roster churn. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

This is telling imo.  

Our wr corp isn’t good.  We didn’t bring in any talent other than Samuel.  We didn’t get a #1.  

I personally believe it’ll be a stretch making playoffs this year.  

Anyone who says our WR corps is GOOD is being dishonest, or they're so optimistic they've convinced themselves of something silly.

Pre-deadt, people were begging for a WR2 upgrade over Gabe when we still had Diggs. We lost both, then scoured low cost, low ego guys from other teams hoping to scrape something together. Claypool & MVS were rolling the dice, no real expectations. Coleman is our only true investment in the future. 

If your own GM is admitting publicly they took a step back (and taking a step back from a position most fans already thought wasn't good enough), that tells me we are anything but "better."

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Anyone who says our WR corps is GOOD is being dishonest, or they're so optimistic they've convinced themselves of something silly.

Pre-deadt, people were begging for a WR2 upgrade over Gabe when we still had Diggs. We lost both, then scoured low cost, low ego guys from other teams hoping to scrape something together. Claypool & MVS were rolling the dice, no real expectations. Coleman is our only true investment in the future. 

If your own GM is admitting publicly they took a step back (and taking a step back from a position most fans already thought wasn't good enough), that tells me we are anything but "better."

Last half of the season, our WR’s were objectively bad (outside Shakir)

Diggs was getting clamped on the regular and Davis runs 3 routes of which maybe he gets open and catches it but probably not.

Sherfield gave us nothing. 

Im not saying we have a top tier WR room, but can they be a version of what Green Bay has?  Sure. 

What we can’t have is no running game and Cook with MVS hands.  Because I do think Brady’s offense will feature a lot of easy button throws to guys like Cook. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

This is telling imo.  

Our wr corp isn’t good.  We didn’t bring in any talent other than Samuel.  We didn’t get a #1.  

I personally believe it’ll be a stretch making playoffs this year.  

C’mon Cletus GTFO

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Im not saying we have a top tier WR room, but can they be a version of what Green Bay has?  Sure. 

I would definitely take GBs talented young wr group over the Bills group ...not even close

• Vomit 1

31 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

It wasn’t good last year, either.  Diggs sucked the second half of the year, Sheffield was brutal, and Davis was somewhere in between.  

Kicking the tires on Corey does no harm.  The reality is that there’s a good chance WR6 isn’t on the roster now.   In any event, if we’re getting our best players on the field, would anyone be surprised if we run an awful lot of 12 personnel this year?  

• Like (+1) 2

KC fans were likely saying this kind 0 stuff when they lost Tyreek but Mahomes did a good job of making average WRs look damn good. (tho I sure as hell don't like KC) .... Josh will do the same thing with our WRs. .... Ya also need to remember that the Bills have had to restructure $$ wise. This certainly plays into it. 

29 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Last half of the season, our WR’s were objectively bad (outside Shakir)

Diggs was getting clamped on the regular and Davis runs 3 routes of which maybe he gets open and catches it but probably not.

Sherfield gave us nothing

What we can’t have is no running game and Cook with MVS hands.  Because I do think Brady’s offense will feature a lot of easy button throws to guys like Cook. 

Diggs did break free for that Josh dime on the shot play it took the whole game to set up against KC … and we all know what happened next.  But the truth is if Sherfield doesn’t suck so much (think drop on mid to deep ball on visitors side tunnel end zone) in that game maybe diggs’s sucking doesn’t matter.  

It’s hard to see these moves and not think they aren’t pleased with the WR group.  Very disappointing. Ok cool let’s say we got the top 4. So then if you can’t find a decent 5 or 6 then you look like an idiot for not taking another shot at a WR in the draft. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

WR talent is so saturated that there isn’t a huge production difference between #1 and #30.

to me, I think that means you can win with mid guys

Chiefs just proved it. Remember without Tyreek they were supposed to be done? It doesn't mean it's THE winning formula ha ha. But salary cap is just a reality.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

read an interesting article on ESPN that said that the WR talent is so saturated that there isn’t a huge production difference between #1 and #30.

to me, I think that means you can win with mid guys. Wouldn’t surprise me if Shakir ends up with 900 yards and Samuel with like 700 (plus rushing yards). That’s not a huge drop off from Diggs/Davis, especially factoring in Kincaid’s likely increased production. 

I think Samuel goes over 1k and makes the pro bowl in this offense.  

• Like (+1) 2

read an interesting article on ESPN that said that the WR talent is so saturated that there isn’t a huge production difference between #1 and #30.

to me, I think that means you can win with mid guys. Wouldn’t surprise me if Shakir ends up with 900 yards and Samuel with like 700 (plus rushing yards). That’s not a huge drop off from Diggs/Davis, especially factoring in Kincaid’s likely increased production. 

This is an interesting assertion and maybe there's some truth in it.   WR production is often as much about scheme and QB play as it is about the talent of the WR.  Maybe putting  Samuel in Brady's scheme with Josh under center will turn him into a star.

When I was in high school, we had two total coaches for the whole team, O and D combined.   Both coaches had played line in college.  As a receiver, I received no coaching on how to beat press coverage, which foot to cut from, how to find the soft spot in a zone, or any of that.  My daughter's high school had five coaches... just for receivers.  Something like thirty coaches for the whole team, not to mention 6 strength & conditioning coaches.  And kids these days go to football camps in the summer which I never did.

In other words, the guys who make it to the NFL  nowadays are all - to a greater or lesser extent - genetically superior, well-conditioned, and masters of their craft.  It's kind of like the men's 100m final at the Olympics where the winner was only 1.2% faster than the last-place finisher.  In some fields of athletic endeavor, there's not a lot of difference between the top guys.

I do believe, however, that there is a big difference between the NFL's #1 best WR and #30 best receiver.  But not so much between #10 and #40.   So maybe our wideout group is 3% worse than the better groups in the NFL.  Brady's scheme and Josh's arm will - hopefully - compensate.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1