How about Corey Davis?

HappyDays

17 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Ooooo. Do you think we can get Nantz to reprise his “DAVIS!!” call? I’d argue that’s worth it alone. 

Will Romo incessantly refer to him as "Big Game Corey" if he makes the team? Or if he's feeling wistful for the loss of the alliteration, maybe "Big Catch Corey"?

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

We just keep getting deeper at wr 

Just when I thought that we couldn't sink any lower than pinning our hopes to Chase Claypool, Brandon Beane goes out and does a thing like this and..... TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!!! Homerun of a signing!!!!

And I actually thought that I couldn't love this group anymore than I did yesterday.  But here we are.  Quieter. Deeper.  Harder.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8

45 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

This is telling imo.  

Our wr corp isn’t good.  We didn’t bring in any talent other than Samuel.  We didn’t get a #1.  

I personally believe it’ll be a stretch making playoffs this year.  

What this is telling me is that any WR not named Shakir, Samuel, Johnson or Hollins have a good chance at not making the roster.  

9 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

What this is telling me is that any WR not named Shakir, Samuel, Johnson or Hollins have a good chance at not making the roster.  

I’m guessing Coleman makes it.  :)

• Haha (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

I mean…I guess.

Not ready to hit any sort of panic button, but realistically if this year goes sideways on the account of not having quality options at receiver, then Beane deserves all the smoke. They’ve had opportunities, but their refusal to do all they can to load Allen up with proper weapons to maximize his prime should be their undoing if it doesn’t work out. And I like Beane, but been saying for last few years that neglecting that position with any significant investment outside of Diggs has been incredibly frustrating as a fan. Borderline malpractice. 

Yup, they had every opportunity to draft a 2nd wr and they chose not to. No one to blame but themselves.  Claypool is gone. MVS looks like a joke. Who knows what the hell we have in Shavers/Shorter?  It's basically Kincaid and 3 wrs. Sign him to a cheap 1 yr deal and see what happens?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

36 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Just when I thought that we couldn't sink any lower than pinning our hopes to Chase Claypool, Brandon Beane goes out and does a thing like this and..... TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!!! Homerun of a signing!!!!

And I actually thought that I couldn't love this group anymore than I did yesterday.  But here we are.  Quieter. Deeper.  Harder.

What would you prefer? A Big Trade ISN'T happening. So the list of perimeter WR's of note available at this point are Corey Davis, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Michael Thomas, Randall Cobb, Marquise Goodwin, or Martavis Bryant. Given the age and injury history with some on the list, you could argue Davis *is* the best FA option.

If he signs and it doesn't work, they don't make the roster and we stick with what we have. I don't understand outrage over the possibility of adding options. If you're upset that we didn't do more before this, that's fair, but that ship has sailed. It shouldn't mean we don't try what we can do now.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Corey Davis?!?! 🤬

Not while Robert Foster sits moldering in the suburbs! 🤨

I remember all the Davis draft hype and watching his highlights. I have no recall of what I thought about him, as I would testify before Congress. Never heard much about him, other than every once in a while….”oh, yeah! That’s him.” 

• Haha (+1) 1

Corey Davis's career best single season receiving yardage total is higher than any current Bills receiver's.

Samuel: 851
Davis: 961

Davis has posted season of over 800 and over 900 yards receiving. He is 29 years old.

He won't be unseating any of the top four, but no one can convince me that he's not at least a Shavers/MVS level talent.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

Corey Davis's career best single season receiving yardage total is higher than any current Bills receiver's.

Samuel: 851
Davis: 961

Davis has posted season of over 800 and over 900 yards receiving. He is 29 years old.

He won't be unseating any of the top four, but no one can convince me that he's not at least a Shavers/MVS level talent.

I can probably quote this verbatim from people saying the same thing about Claypool as recently as last week

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1